What's new

WW3 Imminent, or are we already there?

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Only one of these conflicts that has the potential of becoming a world war is in the south china sea and the chances of that in the near future are miniscule at best. No WW3 is not imminent. You should read some foreign policy websites to understand the vast obstacles which prevent these countries from escalating conflicts any further. For instance, because of China's aggression they've angered their neighbors, which if they continue to do so, will lead to a balancing coalition rising against them. The Chinese are not stronger than the US now. They would have no chance against a coalition of their neighbors + the US if they continue with their aggression. The Chinese and US economies are inextricably linked, neither could survive without the other, so the chances of them initiating a war and destroying their respective economies is very low. China has a ton of domestic problems, such as an aging population, corruption, environmental disaster, which all function to weaken it, and cause political instability which could lead to open rebellion if they get involved in some costly naval war in the sea over a bunch of rocks. Russia itself, is much, much worse off than China economically and demographically, there's no chance that the Russians could even compete in a conventional war against the US and European allies, which have become much stronger economically and more advanced militarily than the Russians since the fall of the Soviet Union. The Russians need europe, more than vice versa, as Russia's entire economy rests on selling energy to europe. Europe could survive, albeit with some pain were the Russians to cut off their energy. But to do so Russia would destroy themselves. And the Europeans would be forced to choose a side in a conflict of US vs Russia, and they would almost certainly not side with the Russians, if their hands were forced.

WW3 is not imminent because there are still no powers available to challenge the US and its allies.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
How does religion involve a country being taken over?
Because religion is the single most important thing in that region, and as a westerner i can understand why this is a difficult concept to grasp, but it is oh so real. In fact, ISIS is trying to take over Syria and Iraq based on the religious beliefs of ISIS and Syria/Iraq

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Because religion is the single most important thing in that region, and as a westerner i can understand why this is a difficult concept to grasp, but it is oh so real. In fact, ISIS is trying to take over Syria and Iraq based on the religious beliefs of ISIS and Syria/Iraq
I thought we were still on the Gaza Israel debate

Art

Grave_Intent
When has there ever been a war in the past 100 years on US soil started by anybody?
Compare that number to the number of wars that have been started anywhere in the world in the past 168 years by the USA: 38
My point exactly! Why do we bother helping these fools who just want to kill us and others? It's a waist of resources and human lives IMO.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Thats a very good question. The answer is that they dont have a place to run, so maybe hamas shouldnt have bit off more than they could chew. But that is irrelevant, this conflict between muslims and jews about who controls the region has been going on for at least since Israel became an official country. This will continue to go on no matter who the West places the blame on because religious conflicts are the nature of that region
Hamas is a product of Israel's actions

I'm more interested in figuring out the truth of a situation, instead of playing some blame game. If you can truthfully tell me that Russia, under President Putin's watch, did not annex Crimea from Ukraine, then please explain who did. Ukraine is a sovereign nation, regardless of how many of its citizens are of Russian descent. Mexico can't all of a sudden annex California unless it wants to start a war, despite the fact that nearly 39% of Californians are Hispanic. And, yes, I'm fully aware of how land in California, Texas, etc. became part of the USA. The point is that we should try to be as objective about these discussions as possible.
The former Ukranian government was oppressive, not the current one. You know, the one Russsia invaded. And the "radicals" are actually Russian troops in unmarked uniforms. Some of them are legit Ukrainian citizens, but they have been trained and armed by the Russian military, and have been promised something in return for their loyalty to Russia

If the U.S. is funding them now, it's to fight off Russia. We would never send out own military, though.
Have any of you ever been to Ukraine? You say stuff you have read somewhere, but how do you know it is true? I am telling you that I Personally talk to people who have been there since the whole thing began. You see that is the problem with the world. Instead of the government of the country I live in you say "We". You identify yourself with what you government does! I live in Russia but I am not pro russian, I am just being objective and am telling you things you read about such things aren't always true. I do not support the idea of Russian government taking Crimea, but I don't support the fact that a lot of Russian people in Ukraine are suffering from the actions of radicals( there are several groups of those, of course some are sponsored by Russia but there those whose actions are in no way beneficial to Russia, their actions brought all of the violence to Ukraine ). How old are you people to believe that you government cares about you???

Reactions: nwo

Art

Grave_Intent
Actually the french and Spanish did during the American revolution
Actually they were in it for their own gain, but what do we really gain from the conflicts in other countries? The only thing would be oil rights, and the US doesn't really need oil we have our own supply that our government hordes in Texas and the Alaskan oil-lines. It makes no sense to me. And as a veteran myself I can honestly say our government is not our own. Politicians are paid off every day by foreign investors. America is for sale and no one knows just how much has really been bought out from under the noses of the American people.

Yes, but it's very telling that Russia had to revert to a state of partial democracy in order to invade another democracy. It literally could not sustain a state of liberal democracy, and at the same time invade another democratic state- it's a testament to the impossibility of doing both at the same time.

And Russia is a unique case- it only recently democratized since the collapse of the SU, and many of it's existing institutions are still-existing relics from the time it was non-democratic. Because those institutions stick around, countries such as these are more prone to allow the country to easily relapse into it's pre-existing state. It's not as much the case with most other countries, and over time the relapses fade as those old institutions crumble.
as much as this view might be supported by political theory, i would not solely rely on that. shit can always happen. even highly developed democracies can develope radical and war-hungry tendencies among the population, if they cant provide enough work, wealth and education (which is a very present struggle in many old democraies like europe and USA), and these tendencies can be reflected by the actions of politicians (conservative radicalisation is growing stronger, as the EU elections showed). even though i agree it is very unlikely that 2 western democracies, also russia, will engage in a "hot" war among each other (while all the NSA spying might have the qualities of a "cold" war), there are enough powerful and at best partially democratic states which might be engaged in a war with the western democracies (China is scary and i dont know their stance on momentary the conflicts in the world). once that happened, who can predict the behaviour of borderline countries like russia? being sleepy and not thinking about possible worst cases now would be pretty ignorant.

Crathen

Death is my business
WW3 may not happen like ever but equally dumb stuff happens everyday in the world but most don't want to notice.

Also you can't defend USA when you got NRA come out with this kind of stuff

how are you guys not embarassed?

#antiamericanmentalitynproud

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Actually they were in it for their own gain, but what do we really gain from the conflicts in other countries? The only thing would be oil rights, and the US doesn't really need oil we have our own supply that our government hordes in Texas and the Alaskan oil-lines. It makes no sense to me. And as a veteran myself I can honestly say our government is not our own. Politicians are paid off every day by foreign investors. America is for sale and no one knows just how much has really been bought out from under the noses of the American people.
Some of our gain is oil, other gains are getting rid of people that would very happily nuke us without hesitation

Only one of these conflicts that has the potential of becoming a world war is in the south china sea and the chances of that in the near future are miniscule at best. No WW3 is not imminent. You should read some foreign policy websites to understand the vast obstacles which prevent these countries from escalating conflicts any further. For instance, because of China's aggression they've angered their neighbors, which if they continue to do so, will lead to a balancing coalition rising against them. The Chinese are not stronger than the US now. They would have no chance against a coalition of their neighbors + the US if they continue with their aggression. The Chinese and US economies are inextricably linked, neither could survive without the other, so the chances of them initiating a war and destroying their respective economies is very low. China has a ton of domestic problems, such as an aging population, corruption, environmental disaster, which all function to weaken it, and cause political instability which could lead to open rebellion if they get involved in some costly naval war in the sea over a bunch of rocks. Russia itself, is much, much worse off than China economically and demographically, there's no chance that the Russians could even compete in a conventional war against the US and European allies, which have become much stronger economically and more advanced militarily than the Russians since the fall of the Soviet Union. The Russians need europe, more than vice versa, as Russia's entire economy rests on selling energy to europe. Europe could survive, albeit with some pain were the Russians to cut off their energy. But to do so Russia would destroy themselves. And the Europeans would be forced to choose a side in a conflict of US vs Russia, and they would almost certainly not side with the Russians, if their hands were forced.

WW3 is not imminent because there are still no powers available to challenge the US and its allies.
everything you write is true, but it needs politicians who realize that too. Hitler didnt care about stuff like that, and still started a war which killed like what? a billion people? and im not sure what kind of people are sitting in chinas government. or behind Putin. or even in radical conservative american circles.

Shaazzyam

WW3 may not happen like ever but equally dumb stuff happens everyday in the world but most don't want to notice.

Oh cool, are we doing an America-bashing thread?

How about I point all the things wrong about Italy real quick and then judge you. And that's not a hard thing to do

Stop generalizing a whole nation of people breh

Crathen

Death is my business
Oh cool, are we doing an America-bashing thread?

How about I point all the things wrong about Italy real quick and then judge you. And that's not a hard thing to do

Stop generalizing a whole nation of people breh
NRA-like gun policy would never be tollerated here and that's a fact.

And i'm very critic about what my nation does , we have corruption / bad media information / mafia as big problems and i won't ever support that stuff just because example: "hey mafia gets us good jobs and protects us".

And i'm not generalizing every single american , that would be foolish , no need to twist words.

Back on topic tho , this is for another time , i think we can both agree.

Shaazzyam

it is a product of Israel's existence, in a way, not just their actions. Muslims have been opposing the jews and Israelis for a very long time and many believe they have no right to exists

Israel is doing exactly apartheid by denying its population rights based of their race or religion, and segregating them from the general population in walled communities. Again, I don't condone Hamas' use of rockets, and think they are in the wrong to do so. But the death toll between those killed by Hamas' rockets and those killed by Israeli actions are a huge difference, and that Israel acts from a position of power that should carry with it greater responsibilities imo

It's difficult to say you're just "defending yourself" when you illegally occupy large portions of territory and deny the inhabitants any form of freedom, and the inhabitants of that territory feel they have no resort but to violence.

Israel is doing exactly apartheid by denying its population rights based of their race or religion, and segregating them from the general population in walled communities. Again, I don't condone Hamas' use of rockets, and think they are in the wrong to do so. But the death toll between those killed by Hamas' rockets and those killed by Israeli actions are a huge difference, and that Israel acts from a position of power that should carry with it greater responsibilities imo

It's difficult to say you're just "defending yourself" when you illegally occupy large portions of territory and deny the inhabitants any form of freedom, and the inhabitants of that territory feel they have no resort but to violence.
People are ignorant of the things Israel has done because it gets covered up.

Shaazzyam

NRA-like gun policy would never be tollerated here and that's a fact.

And i'm very critic about what my nation does , we have corruption / bad media information / mafia as big problems and i won't ever support that stuff just because example: "hey mafia gets us good jobs and protects us".

And i'm not generalizing every single american , that would be foolish , no need to twist words.

Back on topic tho , this is for another time , i think we can both agree.
You forgot the Italian legal system btw. :p
Remember that time Italy did this?: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/19882019/italian-court-convicts-7-for-no-quake-warning

Nah, but seriously. Just because I live in America, doesn't mean I think we should give Ak-47s to babies or anythng. Nobody should judge people like that.

You forgot the Italian legal system btw. :p
Remember that time Italy did this?: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/19882019/italian-court-convicts-7-for-no-quake-warning

Nah, but seriously. Just because I live in America, doesn't mean I think we should give Ak-47s to babies or anythng. Nobody should judge people like that.
Just to be clear, when we say Israel, Europe or America we are talking about the government and not neccessarily the citizens unless they support these corrupt ideas.

when you argue like that , you could also ask why Israel was not founded in a part of germany after WW II (answer: bcuz germany, europe, y'know? we just put it where we dont care.). historically the whole world has more responisbility for this shitty situation than it would like to have.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god

The reason there is a difference in rocket based fatalities is because Israel has a sophisticated rocket-defense system, basically saying that whatever rockets hamas tries to shoot at Israel they can shoot down. Without that tech, the fatality numbers would without a doubt be different

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

There are other issues that America and other countries have.

Also read the first two sentences in the video. I'm not the guy in the video, and he doesn't speak for me. (I'm still not anti gun policy though)