What's new

Winter Brawl 6 MK Structure and Timetable

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Is it ok if we arrive at 12 and have already registered? If I need to get a spectator pass will I have to wait in the long ass line of people registering?

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Is it ok if we arrive at 12 and have already registered? If I need to get a spectator pass will I have to wait in the long ass line of people registering?
The lines imo are much longer for the people who per-registered. It's stupid, but that's why I never pre-reg.

Noob
What I recommend is to get there 1 hour earlier than what you originally plan for. So if you're looking to arrive at noon, try to be there at 11 instead.

This should be standard thought though... especially when a tournament is going to start at 1pm, you def. want to be there early if you can be.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Being there at 11 is the best option; you won't be sitting there with nothing to do and you'll be safe on getting registration done in time.

Noob
FYI, UMK3 has been updated to be run on MKAK on 360 instead of PS3. Shock and I will provide CONVERTERS to use PS2 pads on 360 and we may have spare ps2 pads but players should still expect to bring their own PS2 pad or 360 pad.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Phil how feasible is it to get it running on 360? If we dedicate a couple converters for pads we can do it, I will get it for my 360 and bring it.

As for PS3, I want a LIST of complaints about it, not just "It sucks." IMO all ports of UMK3 suck compared to the arcade and playing it on anything OTHER than the arcade is pointless, but I've been playing and running this game at tournaments across multiple platforms for 10 years.
PS3 port drops inputs from time to time. I dont even feel like it runs the same speed. something is different about it. I just never put enough time into figuring it out.

But i did complain about it at SBV, but at the same time, it was our only choice. That wont happen again. After i get a new 360, i plan on using my current 36o and acquiring another for just UMK3 purposes.

Also, if we had more time, i'd send you 2 eTokki's with PS2 pads for this event, but no time now. :(

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I have a friend who wanted to come on sunday and play some casuals and maybe enter the MK2 tournament. I was wondering how much it costs to get it on sunday just to play casuals? Is that possible and also will there be casuals? Thanks.

pherleece

Woolay
Again, if you have a money match or know of one please let me know so we can possibly use them for the special events. You can let me know during pools as well if something comes up out of the blue.

If we have enough people for the 8 pool system I believe we should have more than enough time for a special event in between each set of pools.

I would recommend everyone check the entrance for the room around 12:30 to see what pool you are in. People will get DQed this time if they hold us up for an unreasonable amount of time. I'll also be there at 12:30 to take cell phone numbers if you would like me to text you when your matches are up ONLY if you are entering another game in a separate room. Otherwise, you have no excuse this time.
ill money rematch you hidden random select! im feeling lucky this time =]

A few simple but important questions for me; Will MK9 be on 360 or PS3, do I need to bring my own control, and if PS3 do I need a USB cord to plug it in or can it go wireless?

Tim Static

Adminerator
A few simple but important questions for me; Will MK9 be on 360 or PS3, do I need to bring my own control, and if PS3 do I need a USB cord to plug it in or can it go wireless?
It will be on 360, but we will have ps2 pads with converters, but have your PS3 pad just in case. In terms of PS3 wireless, we have been allowing it but if you are caught NOT desynching your pad after a match and you accidentally interrupt someone else's match, you will automatically take a loss within your pool.
Wait, MK9 is 360? Since when?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
It will be on 360, but we will have ps2 pads with converters, but have your PS3 pad just in case. In terms of PS3 wireless, we have been allowing it but if you are caught NOT desynching your pad after a match and you accidentally interrupt someone else's match, you will automatically take a loss within your pool.
I'm confused...how can you use a wireless ps3 controller on a 360? I'm so excited if it's on 360, I use a 360 controller and hate using a adapter.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Since you and Juggs went all Kotex with Wings on us about the PS3 version...LOL. :p

Seriously though, since you guys advise using the 360 version of MKAK over the PS3, we switched it and THIS TIME ONLY we will be providing PS2 pads with converters and wired 360 pads. In the future, we will promise to provide the PS2 pads... but we will have converters and wired 360 pads.

And yes, Tim, I will purchase a few etokki converters SOLELY for the purpose of UMK3 on MKAK in the future.
yea I know for MKAK, but MK9 too?

Noob
ugh... I'm so sorry... I take all that back...

I thought in this post

that he was talking about MKAK, not MK9.

MK9 WILL BE ON PS3

Tim Static

Adminerator
9.95 hahaha i knew you got them mixed up but wanted to make sure. though something changed lol.

Sad because MK9 should be ran on Xbox 360, community wide.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Omfg just played mk2 on the mkak ps3 it's awful slow slow. God awful the regular mk2 version on ps3 is 100% better. Just my input.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk