What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
what is the best way to hit the b3 after a command grab online or I guess just in general. I can pretty much get it most of the time offline but online the timing on that gives me fits.
Have you played Wonder Woman before?
In one of these threads I posted having the same problem, but just practice the timing and do a single B3. If it whiffs, too slow. Nothing comes out? Too fast. The in between timing is the window of success. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually even if it seems like you aren't doing much different. At least that worked for me.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Have you played Wonder Woman before?
In one of these threads I posted having the same problem, but just practice the timing and do a single B3. If it whiffs, too slow. Nothing comes out? Too fast. The in between timing is the window of success. Just keep trying and you'll get it eventually even if it seems like you aren't doing much different. At least that worked for me.
I get it at a high percentage offline, but online it is like no other move in the game for me. I might try not looking at the screen and just trying to muscle memory it based on the grab input.

Rickyraws

I get it at a high percentage offline, but online it is like no other move in the game for me. I might try not looking at the screen and just trying to muscle memory it based on the grab input.
It has been working fairly consistently online, dare I say even more than offline due to the slight input lag window. Probably not, but what I've noticed is that once you get it down, muscle memory wise, you will be able to get it without looking. At least that's how it was for me with WW's B3. I now feel ashamed of myself, and can scout when it's not going to connect and adjust my spacing accordingly. So it seems you are one of the KF brethren who has also been captivated by the allure of the Martian of Manitty. I think I'll be getting Zatanna next, if not because she's vortexy. Yeah yeah Batgirl blah blah, but Batgirl doesn't have fishnets. Nor should that ever be the case. I hope NRS hears my proclamations to have Doomsday don such an attire as well. Magician's hat and all.

RiBBz22

It has been working fairly consistently online, dare I say even more than offline due to the slight input lag window. Probably not, but what I've noticed is that once you get it down, muscle memory wise, you will be able to get it without looking. At least that's how it was for me with WW's B3. I now feel ashamed of myself, and can scout when it's not going to connect and adjust my spacing accordingly. So it seems you are one of the KF brethren who has also been captivated by the allure of the Martian of Manitty. I think I'll be getting Zatanna next, if not because she's vortexy. Yeah yeah Batgirl blah blah, but Batgirl doesn't have fishnets. Nor should that ever be the case. I hope NRS hears my proclamations to have Doomsday don such an attire as well. Magician's hat and all.
I pretty much play almost every character in the game to some extent to help my matchup knowledge. I do really like MMH, but I am thinking right now I might not play him online.

Rickyraws

I pretty much play almost every character in the game to some extent to help my matchup knowledge. I do really like MMH, but I am thinking right now I might not play him online.
;_; I'm sorry to hear that. I got a couple decent 15 winstreaks against foes of varying skill with him...

RiBBz22

;_; I'm sorry to hear that. I got a couple decent 15 winstreaks against foes of varying skill with him...
Yeah, I'm not saying I would struggle winning matches or anything, it has nothing to do with that. When I have to do things incorrectly to have them come out correctly online it is just annoying and it messes up my execution a lot when I play offline. MMH for me is the worst in this respect out of any character I have played in the game so far.

Rickyraws

Ah I see. Again, I felt that way initially. Maybe it's just a matter of time thing? In any case, you know better than I.

RiBBz22

Ah I see. Again, I felt that way initially. Maybe it's just a matter of time thing? In any case, you know better than I.
Hopefully, but I don't mind just using him offline. Some things you have to do way before you see them on screen and just expect them to come out. Specifically his 2nd j3 after the b3 in some combos.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
I've hit my first plateau with MMH. You know, that point where you're familiar enough to beat scrubby opponents but skilled ones give you hell? One part I'm trying to figure out is with his zoning game. Do you guys believe there is any use at all for meterless orbs? MB orbs are great but the regular ones never seem to much when it comes to space control or wake-up traps. Do you guys think a combination of pillars and TK Strikes are a better option for meterless space control?

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Honestly I feel like I can just burn as much meter as possible if I can zone them out since his meter gain is ridiculous. As long as its a matchup where I dont want them near me I'll burn at least 2 to keep them out.

Also I actually use reg orb and pillar the most out of the fireballs. TK strike is great but it is super unwieldy and I feel that it is only good at fullscreen imo because of frame traps with it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Honestly I feel like I can just burn as much meter as possible if I can zone them out since his meter gain is ridiculous. As long as its a matchup where I dont want them near me I'll burn at least 2 to keep them out.

Also I actually use reg orb and pillar the most out of the fireballs. TK strike is great but it is super unwieldy and I feel that it is only good at fullscreen imo because of frame traps with it.
i hate tryin to do his tk strike and a d2 comes out good job j'onn :mad:

Kovu

The Crownless King
I, too, have trouble connecting the b3 after the MB Martian Grab. So until I get it down I'll stick with bf2mb > b3.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I've hit my first plateau with MMH. You know, that point where you're familiar enough to beat scrubby opponents but skilled ones give you hell? One part I'm trying to figure out is with his zoning game. Do you guys believe there is any use at all for meterless orbs? MB orbs are great but the regular ones never seem to much when it comes to space control or wake-up traps. Do you guys think a combination of pillars and TK Strikes are a better option for meterless space control?
I like regular orbs. Zoning isn't necessarily hitting your opponent as much as it is controlling the screen and filtering a path. Orbs cause hesitation, give block advantage, and throw off momentum. As to what specials to use, I gauge that early in the game based on the reaction. Sometimes I don't want a special to hit, but would rather have the opponent stay close while second guessing due to mmh's 1000 options.

I haven't tested everybody's throw range, but man..... MMH's normal throw range has got to be among the farthest reaching for normal throws in the game. Try it out, you'll see what I mean.

Rickyraws

I, too, have trouble connecting the b3 after the MB Martian Grab. So until I get it down I'll stick with bf2mb > b3.
I used to feel the same way, but the over head b2 into martian grab (over head, to low) catches so many people including those expecting it. So I still do so, but sometimes sacrifice damage and instead of b3ing, I jump 1xxregular tele into ender, or mb martian grab into f1,u1 1+3

Man. Trait is the shit. It just saved my ass and completely turned around a couple sessions I had vs a BA and a BG player.

The BA user kept getting away with backdashes and doing lightning cage if he thought I would air dash from a distance. And his lightning keep away was too good for me to challenge it. But I started punishing the dashes with trait 22B3/222 and punishing his dive kick was MUCH easier with trait up. And I could air dash and connect with a jumping 2 from what seems like halfway across the screen into a 22 combo.

Vs BG, I could finally punish those damn batwheels on whiff with a FULL COMBO instead of nothing with HawkGirl.

This motherfucker is awesome. EVERYTHING WORKS. This is what I love about him.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
can someone explain the uses if any of using the 333 part of his b2333 string , i use b2 on its own all the time i never add any 3's onto it

Clark

Hides behind armor
can someone explain the uses if any of using the 333 part of his b2333 string , i use b2 on its own all the time i never add any 3's onto it
You use b2333 to hit confirm into a special after a b2. b2 itself is like -19, and if you simply do b2 into low scoop hoping it'll hit, low scoop is also punishable. b2333 lets you have one or two hits of the 333 to visually hitconfirm into low scoop or teleport.