What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Against characters like superman or batman I usually put a mb orb in front me so it stops there rush down. If they try to jump I dash under and they land on the orb and I follow up with a combo.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I think he's a good keep-away character. Trait is best used to space the opponent out when they get in on your zoning and can lead to combo, but I think his best option is ending in bf2 and going for a MB orb set-up.

Meter seems better for set-ups/clashes/air-dashes than extending his combos.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I don't know what is happening to me whenever I fight this character... Like what am I supposed to besides watch him, outzone me, outpoke me, put amazing pressure, and SAFELY TELEPORT? Someone help me.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I don't know what is happening to me whenever I fight this character... Like what am I supposed to besides watch him, outzone me, outpoke me, put amazing pressure, and SAFELY TELEPORT? Someone help me.
'Safely teleport' is a myth. His safe teleport's hitbox is awful in the air. Treat it like Ares Godsmack. It may be safe, but it's also too far out to really get anything off of. Go for pressure. Without his trait, MMH's limbs are lackluster. try to beat him there too.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
With that Martian Grab, can you hit the opponent as theyre getting up?
Like its meaty

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Against characters like superman or batman I usually put a mb orb in front me so it stops there rush down. If they try to jump I dash under and they land on the orb and I follow up with a combo.

I was thinking of trying maybe putting 2 orbs on screen the regular one and the MB version with it being behind the opponent then doing air dash and or teleport. Not sure how well that would work out though. The MB orb I think is good for anti air too.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Martian Manhunter was definitely worth the $5. He has so many tools at his disposal and very fun to use. One of my favorite DC characters. Definitely a 2nd main for me. He has an air dash which is better than Superman's and Wonder Woman's which can be meter burned which is epic and an easy 40% meterless. And with the teleports he has feels a bit similar to Sektor in a way since I mained Sektor in MK9. Finally a great DLC character.

Now the only thing I probably don't know to well is how to do set ups with the orbs. Also can the orbs keep away rushdown characters?
General Zod is dissappointed in you. :)

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So I think I found a glitch with close MB orb in the corner. When I do the orb and my opponent wakes up with a teleport move (I tested it with Batgirl) and they hit the orb it will sometimes knock both of us down instead of her. Has anyone experienced this yet?

RavenDSkull

Lost between choices.
So, I have been thinking about trait usage... It seems MMH actually needs his trait to survive mid range with 3, d.1 and 22 (and it seems important too in opening an opponent up with cross up j.3). So, do you think it's advisable to use trait mid combo?

AFAIK, MMH's more damaging combos depend on trait (22b3~4, f123, nj.3xxdb.3, b.13 or ender of choice - 40%), while most of his other combos, on meter alone reach 30~35%... Given that meter is also important for MMH (MB Orbs and Pillars), what are your thoughts?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
my pressure for now that literally opens everyone up (for now, i know 22b3 is interruptable)

ji2 22mb orb b3 22b3 d1mb close orb b3 22 mb low grab

After ending combos with bf3, i like to do df1u, dd2f db2u. even if they quick rise the orb will explode before they can mass dash in on you. if they have a really fast dash and you want to be safe make it a MB orb. if the opponent blocks any DD2, it seems as if a db2 is guaranteed if they try to dash in or retaliate. obviously adjust db2 to where they are on the screen

MB pillar is so gdlk for closing out rounds.

Error

DF2+R2
I found something kind of neat, if you land a far telekinetic strike a far alien pillar will combo into it for 14% damage. The timing seems a little strict.

I found something kind of neat, if you land a far telekinetic strike a far alien pillar will combo into it for 14% damage. The timing seems a little strict.
Cant you indtant air teleport of a full screen tk strike?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Cant you indtant air teleport of a full screen tk strike?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Good question. I've been trying F123, Orb (MB?) into teleport, but that timing is strict and I am not sure the damage is significant.

Now the only thing I probably don't know to well is how to do set ups with the orbs. Also can the orbs keep away rushdown characters?
I estimate the orbs can keep away some rushdown characters. Flash is problematic in that regard though as well as Batgirl.
One of the interesting things about this character is the duality of orb set-ups vs rushing down. The mind game potential is possibly vast.

I doubt you can meaty the Martian Grab and I don't recommend it as I'm quite sure it loses to many wake-up moves. Once you get a Hard knockdown it seems the best thing to do is orb set-ups and/or faking rushdown in order to bait mistakes (maybe?)

AK Stormthegates I have experienced a double knockdown with orbs also. I thought it was a one-time lag-glitch, but now I'm curious if this is intended or not...

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
If you have a close orb, Batgirl can't teleport on top of you
This is the issue I am talking about however. While it will hit her out of the air, for me randomly it will hit both of us like she is going into the animation. I think its just a strange bug that happens when it registers her grab animation when you are blocking anyways because of the orb explosion.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

This is the issue I am talking about however. While it will hit her out of the air, for me randomly it will hit both of us like she is going into the animation. I think its just a strange bug that happens when it registers her grab animation when you are blocking anyways because of the orb explosion.
No, that's correct. That's what happens when you knock someone out of a special animation like that. Happens with any 'delayed' tactic. Basically, it sets you back to neutral, but you win the trade, especially since she'll try to meter burn. And of course, you can just block and catch her.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
No, that's correct. That's what happens when you knock someone out of a special animation like that. Happens with any 'delayed' tactic. Basically, it sets you back to neutral, but you win the trade, especially since she'll try to meter burn. And of course, you can just block and catch her.
Will this also happen with a MB Orb, since the MB one is bigger?

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Will this also happen with a MB Orb, since the MB one is bigger?
This happens with every special animation. It's nothing that MB and non MB orb has any indication with, it's that it hits them in a state where they are, ordinarily, impossible to interrupt. Normal grabs, Bane and Grundy throws, Wonder Woman Lasso, GL ring lift, Zod Phantom Strike(but only while the shards are forming, even Green Arrow Super. Any character with a move on the screen that can act while they are in hitstun can do this. Black Adam, MMH, Zod, Joker, Lex, Cyborg can all do this glitch

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
So for pressure after a j1 or j2, what string do you use to continue pressure? I know the tried-and-true 22 string is very good, but I have been messing around with using 11 to some good results. Although the 1st hit is a high, it is harder to d1 out of his pressure due to 11 starting at 8 frames compared to 22's 12 frame startup, as well giving +2 on block after 112. The 11 is also -2 on block matching 22, which means the only difference is the high on the first 1. What are your thoughts?