What's new

Why are the IGAU forums sooooo dead?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Because the nrs community can't play two games at once.............for some reson
the time and effort to learn the basics in a new game until a defined goal to reach a minimum decent competitive level maybe justify it ..... so the "old" game (IGAU) then suffer with gradative lack of attention and dedication, and those factors are instead directed to the "new" game (MKX).

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Another reason the forums might be dead is because whenever someone posts new tech or tries to talk MUs, they usually get shitted on if they aren't a top player or don't play offline consistently.

This discourages a lot of us from posting anymore because it usually gets ignored or told that it's unreliable or that we're wrong.

It also doesnt help that when a "top" player posts something that a "non-top" posted months ago, they get praised and every agrees, even tho they shitted on the non top player for saying the sane exact thing.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Another reason the forums might be dead is because whenever someone posts new tech or tries to talk MUs, they usually get shitted on if they aren't a top player or don't play offline consistently.

This discourages a lot of us from posting anymore because it usually gets ignored or told that it's unreliable or that we're wrong.

It also doesnt help that when a "top" player posts something that a "non-top" posted months ago, they get praised and every agrees, even tho they shitted on the non top player for saying the sane exact thing.
This

For the most part isn't true

idk what "players" do this but if I see tech that has been found, I have no reason to criticize someone and tell them it is old or etc. If I see tech, I check it out and maybe add my own spin to it and make it useful to me (depending on what character the tech is shown for). But I think the real reason mk9 and igau have gone thru this phase is because our community's overall loyalty kind of stinks

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
idk what "players" do this but if I see tech that has been found, I have no reason to criticize someone and tell them it is old or etc. If I see tech, I check it out and maybe add my own spin to it and make it useful to me (depending on what character the tech is shown for). But I think the real reason mk9 and igau have gone thru this phase is because our community's overall loyalty kind of stinks
I don't mean every single person does this, but this is just stuff I have seen throughout the months.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This game has soooooo much left to find. People have yet to explore Bounce cancels which i think have a lot of uses. Sonic Fox has used it to his advantage at evo which was amazing. Every character still has tech to be found. I'm still looking. The reason why i don't post some things is because nobody gives a fuck. The site has become a cesspool of drama. If people put as much effort into the game as they did caring about all the drama stuff there would be so much more found. People say they like the drama but these are the people who either don't have the drama happen to them. Or don't actually play the game and sit behind their keyboard waiting for the next Episode of The TYM and the Restless.

I don't mean every single person does this, but this is just stuff I have seen throughout the months.
oh I know u dnt mean that :p, I was just saying that people should not be discouraging players from coming on the site. We should be helping each other out, I dnt like when ppl try to claim tech, hide it, or whatever other shenanigans ppl do on tym. I know if I find groundbreaking tech in MKX, u best believe I am revealing It #YEEAAPPP

I agree. I think we should of never left mk9 . That's the game that brought so many of us together and we kinda just let it die. That was shitty. We should of kept supporting it as our main game. Pushed for more patches or even an updated version of the game like super mk 9 or something.

I agree. I think we should of never left mk9 . That's the game that brought so many of us together and we kinda just let it die. That was shitty. We should of kept supporting it as our main game. Pushed for more patches or even an updated version of the game like super mk 9 or something.
the least we could have done is just keep supporting it. Ppl didn't have to out multiple hours into training for it, 30min was enough to stay warmed up.
Edit: it is nice we still have competitions for it and the evo side tournament was a huge success

Skeezer12

Kinetic
Its a whole lot of shit in this game man i havent seen people do . Like reversal attacking in between strings . Ive yet to see somebody do that . Anti Airing With a Standing normal or D1 a few ppl pulled it off . Its a whole lot to this game man , most people dropped it cause they were Shit at it . I love this game .

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
The forums are dead because you have people shitting on the game anytime possible.
I don't know how I can hit "like" any harder so I'm just reiterating this!

I don't know why it became cool to shit on this game, especially since most people here proudly proclaim not to play anyway. Didn't "this community" get tired of hearing everyone else say that about MK9? I sure did. Grow up, and if you aren't contributing, shut up.

EDIT -- Why don't the mods clean that shit up, give people an attitude adjustment?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I see "its not mortal kombat" but its the same people who trash the Mechanics of the game. I agree its not MK but its not gonna be the same.

But this game has brought more "personal" drama" into the scene

And its true when someone's ties to post a guide tech or MU advice. That thread disappears in like 2 minutes due to drama thread...

Though its fun to read drama, a competitive site should have tall about playing the game

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Because it's not MK is about the best answer you'll get. It feels more balanced than MK9 but people put up with KKK and Cyrax for 3 years. Beyond that, I'd say it's the mechanics. As I've heard before, most of the people that came to MK9 and Injustice were people who had never really played a fighting game before (myself included). I think that lends to people not being able to play both. There's a lot of people in the Capcom fighting game scene that have been playing for the past 10-15 years or more competitively. The mechanics are mostly the same between those games.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

/Thread

Rampage wins