What's new

Why are the IGAU forums sooooo dead?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I know USFIV and KI are more recent and Tek 7 is on the horizon, but why are these forums so dead? There's still a good amount of players online....No more patches kill it for everyone?

I blame Aquaman.

EDIT: nah....that's really a cop out. The real honest truth is that Injustice has always felt a little bit like the redheaded stepchild of this community. Part of that has to do with actual relevant issues surrounding the games mechanics. Not to say they're necessarily even bad, but you can at least see how some people might have frustrations with them (Aquaman, walkspeed, aquaman, interactibles, aquaman, grab immunity, aquaman, ambiguous crossups, aquaman, etc.).

That being said....I also genuinely believe that a bigger part has to do with the fact that a lot of people on this site just plain have a bigger attachment to the Mortal Kombat universe than the world of DC comics....which as a fan of the later is rather sad to me.
I think MKX will be very good, but hypothetically if it were a weaker game than Injustice I still think it would have more interest at this point in its life than Injustice does just because of the legacy of MK. I don't necessarily even think that's a horrible thing...but as an injustice fan it does make me sad.
Consider: people joke right now about how nobody cares about Injustice because "who's next" and everyone has a laugh. 2 years from now when Injustice 2 gets announced if people make similar jokes I wouldn't be surprised if people get flamed for it.

For my part, I sometimes wonder if maybe I could have done more to support the game and my main. Most of my time here has been spent learning basics and I've not felt particularly qualified to develop or discuss advanced tech for them. Maybe I should try though....not like it could hurt at this point I guess.

Last edited:

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I still play it but I don't really care about getting better anymore (haven't even touched practice mode for months) I just kinda mash buttons and do whatever now. I'm guessing a lot of people just lost interest in tech and crap too.

VOR

Noob
The forums may be dead, but I think we're at a point in the game's life where people may be giving it a bit of a rest because next year is going to be super hot for MKX. There really is so much tech, so many setups, situational strategies in IGAU, where it's like, OK, there really is a ton of information to be known, yet a relatively small amount of people actually using it at a high level, so I feel like it becomes somewhat redundant. There are some high level players that are still really pushing the boundaries, and I see new shit all the time. So if you want that tech, or those combos, well, go get it….? on your own?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
lol .... it's just a damn natural cycle flow : come out MKX, IGAU interest drops off ..... next come out IGAU 2 sometime in future, and MKX become dull and numb , and so, until the next MK game come again and this way, life carry on .....

therefore, nothing out of ordinary here, people ! :D

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol .... it's just a damn natural cycle flow : come out MKX, IGAU interest drops off ..... next come out IGAU 2 sometime in future, and MKX become dull and numb , and so, until the next MK game come again and this way, life carry on .....

therefore, nothing out of ordinary here, people ! :D
There's a critical difference between a new entry into a game genre and a 2 decades old staple when it comes to hype. You can tell IGAU was an experiment for NRS and not even 2 years into the game it is already overshadowed by the upcoming MK release. Meanwhile, until IGAU 2, at least 2-3 years will pass before MKX becomes "boring".

Don't forget the foundation of this community, if IGAU wasn't a NRS game then it would've had even less of a fanbase. ( Or even more, depending on the company that made it ;) ).