What's new

"Who's Next?" What does it mean? Discuss!

I hope a plethora of new fighters will be in introduced.

Why do fighting games sequels need to even retain the same characters? They can easily fast forward 50-100 years, create new characters with some having similar abilities as their idols/gods/predecessors. As much as I enjoyed Mortal Kombat through it's lifetime, it could use a new story reboot. Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen and what we're going to get are some very familiar faces, with the same plot lines since the very beginning of MK.

Either way, I'm still excited to see some Screenshots.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
New roster. IE: Those who died in MK9 stay dead.
This is what I think/hope. The end of Mk 9 was pretty sweet, let's wait a while before retconning it. They can resurrect a couple people and I wouldn't care, but they've got a chance to solidify the place of the mk4+ characters with so many well known faces dead.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I hope that, in the endless struggle to make Liu Kang interesting, they bring him back and make him either a villain like in Shang Tsung's MK9 ending, or like Emo Kang from MK Legacy.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm starting to think is related, someone that will beat anayone who stands on between him and his goal, and this is his (her) line.

According to the story sequel, there is 3 characters that comes in mind:

Liu kang - quest to kill raiden
Scorpion - finds out quan chi is his real target responsable for his family and clan murdering
Skarlet - targets quan chi because She failed to protect her master from the task given in mk9 of watching off quan chi and kill him if she suspected betrayal.

Or. it could be kai, angry due liu's death, and he is the new earthrealm champion.

Anyway, this is my line in mk10 when i start beat ppl on stream.

What's interesting about the ending of the story is that Raiden killed Liu Kang to protect Earthrealm... That is the EXACT behavior expected from Dark Raiden... So, that leads me to believe we'll be getting another Zombie Liu Kang and another Dark Raiden.

SPOILER:
Alternate story-line Liu Kang reincarnation is Hornbuckle.

Last edited:

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
so much baraka love here. surprising. also fuck hsu hao.
Yeah. It'll be so funny if Baraka comes back low tier with his 24 frame normals LOL.

Seriously though, I want him to come back strong, Jade as well. My buddy Sektor was fine in MK9 but its unlikely he is coming back.

JAP

Combo maker
If Ermac is glitch of mortal Kombat 1, Skarlet is glitch of Mortal Kombat 2, skarlet glitch (black skarlet) of mk9 is ... Kana??? no???

They're not gonna have completely new characters, what FG has ever done this that's not a spin off or matter of fact what game has done this?

You know how many people will be mad if they just don't include everyone that died...

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'd actually be fine with them not returning for this game.
Yeah everyone knows you don't much care for Bi Han. I'm pretty sure he'll be in MK10 though. I'm not worried at all about him not returning.