What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
That would be like saying "chocolate is the best ice cream flavor, if you don't like it you're an idiot". Apparently the majority of people didn't like the pack, that's their opinion.
However, if you say that you don't like chocolate ice cream when you have seen it but never actually tried it...what does that make you?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Besides guys...look on the bright side we could be the smash fanbase....have you seen how people get when they announce a character? I remember the outcry for Lucario being added in Smash 4. I really think this generation of fighting game fans are very whiny.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Overall I liked KP2. My only disappointment was Bo Rai Cho. He seemed like a wasted spot.

I would rather have Leatherface than Bo Rai Cho.
I don't understand how Bo' Rai Cho is considered a wasted spot.
He is an important character in MK lore.
Was featured in three MK fighting games, but hasn't been playable in one since 2006.
Was an NPC Story mode character in MKX
No one has actually seen or played him in his MKX incarnation yet, so comments on his gameplay are pure speculation.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Lol what? Where we came from was MK, with MK characters.
Yes we did.....and games with MK characters ran the series into the ground. When I say, " Remember where we came from." I mean look at where the fanbase was during the 3D era MK games. We were the laughing stock of Fighting games and you got rip on for being a fan of the newer MK games. So we really did start from the bottom.

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
I'm actually cool with all the characters, even Leatherface. I dig the Alien seeing as the nemesis of Predator, but I also understand what everyone else saying, I for one was really looking forward to Baraka. Now, Baraka has gotten trolled TWICE in MKX and seems to be dead in every since of the word. Maybe Jason will get some work done to him in the next patch hopefully.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes we did.....and games with MK characters ran the series into the ground. When I say, " Remember where we came from." I mean look at where the fanbase was during the 3D era MK games. We were the laughing stock of Fighting games and you got rip on for being a fan of the newer MK games. So we really did start from the bottom.
Dude what?! MK characters aren't the reason the games sucked, the 3D games just sucked. If characters were the reason then MK wouldn't have made it past a few games if that. My point was that you were trying to justify the addition of more and more guest characters by saying "Remember where we came from" and yet where we came from was all MK characters and no guests.

I don't understand how Bo' Rai Cho is considered a wasted spot.
He is an important character in MK lore.
Was featured in three MK fighting games, but hasn't been playable in one since 2006.
Was an NPC Story mode character in MKX
No one has actually seen or played him in his MKX incarnation yet, so comments on his gameplay are pure speculation.
He WAS an important character. Then MK9 left him out.

My main problem is that NRS is undoing all the good work they did with MK9. The lore was too confusing and there were too many characters so they simplified it. They killed off Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, and Noob Saibot for good. They put a bunch of other characters on a bus so they could bring them back or keep them gone as they wanted. MKX furthered this trend by killing off Mileena, Baraka, Sektor, Quan Chi, and presumably Shinnok. Sonya, Johnny, and Jax are set to retire whenever.

They reevaluated all the characters and put the focus on who they wanted. Sonya and Johnny are the main heroes, taken over by the Kombat Kids. Bo Rai Cho is a minor character who appears in one cutscene and gets his ass kicked, whereas Rain is possibly the most important character in MKX. It was his plan to steal the amulet, meaning almost everything that happens in the game happens because of him.

In the new timeline, Bo Rai Cho isn't important, Sektor is dead, Baraka is dead, and Smoke never got cyberized. Now all that is up for debate. NRS is doing the exact same crazy crap that led to them having to rewrite the entire timeline in the first place. Canonicity is going out the window. And before you say it's not canon, Rain and Kenshi being in MKX prove that DLC characters are canon.

It's boggling that they thought Bo Rai Cho was more important than Rain or Fujin, even Sareena would've been a better choice. Bo Rai Cho shows no fighting ability, Smoke has no reason to be a cyborg or leave the Netherrealm, and Baraka should be dead and buried. This is rewriting canon to make references to the old timeline, it's sacrificing the great stuff MK9 and MKX did and if it keeps up Mortal Kombat is eventually going to turn back into the mess that was Armegeddon.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
And before you say it's not canon, Rain and Kenshi being in MKX prove that DLC characters are canon.
I agree with most of what you say except this part. Doesn't prove that at all, it simply proves DLC characters can BECOME cannon. Otherwise Freddy Jason Leatherface Alien Predator and fucking Kratos are all canon as well.

Bo Rai Cho was already cannon, him being unimportant doesn't change by him being DLC. Hell, Goro wasn't even seen and he came on the disk.
The Triborg may or may not become cannon in the next game, but they are under no obligation to, and they will likely only do it if it becomes worthwhile for the story or if they WANT those characters in the game.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Leatherface isn't just a dude with a chainsaw. He's a butcher and a cannibal. He's used cleavers, sledgehammers, meat hooks, and his bare fucking hands to kill people in the films. They could easily make three variations out of him.
Chainsaw-based big weapon Brute variation.
Small weapon/hook and hammer based Butcher variation.
Bare handed mauling gnawing psychotic Cannibal variation.
At his variationless base, he plays like Doomsday: a giant that's faster than he has any reason to be who uses himself as a weapon.

Bam. Leatherface.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
well then, so since all our whining and complaining will result in KP2 not being changed at all, we have to accept these new chars and by now, speculate and try to foresee and analyze what kind of gameplay and challenge they will bring to MKX competitive scenario .... :cool:

Cannot wait for the Kombat Kast videos !! :) Bring on , NRS !

My opinion NRS screwed us here. Why cant they take fan polls to leverage against leadership direction. who knows why they think everything always has to be NDA'd and secret effin dumb with fans! anyways im pissed n probably not purchasing this dlc. Leatherface = what a joke on us and wasted slot, Bo Rai Cho = he better be good and serious, Alien Baraka = umm ok there better be a normal Baraka variation, and Triborg is dope just wish i could purchase separatley. ..and where da eff is rain..really?!?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
He WAS an important character. Then MK9 left him out.

My main problem is that NRS is undoing all the good work they did with MK9. The lore was too confusing and there were too many characters so they simplified it. They killed off Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, and Noob Saibot for good. They put a bunch of other characters on a bus so they could bring them back or keep them gone as they wanted. MKX furthered this trend by killing off Mileena, Baraka, Sektor, Quan Chi, and presumably Shinnok. Sonya, Johnny, and Jax are set to retire whenever.

They reevaluated all the characters and put the focus on who they wanted. Sonya and Johnny are the main heroes, taken over by the Kombat Kids. Bo Rai Cho is a minor character who appears in one cutscene and gets his ass kicked, whereas Rain is possibly the most important character in MKX. It was his plan to steal the amulet, meaning almost everything that happens in the game happens because of him.

In the new timeline, Bo Rai Cho isn't important, Sektor is dead, Baraka is dead, and Smoke never got cyberized. Now all that is up for debate. NRS is doing the exact same crazy crap that led to them having to rewrite the entire timeline in the first place. Canonicity is going out the window. And before you say it's not canon, Rain and Kenshi being in MKX prove that DLC characters are canon.

It's boggling that they thought Bo Rai Cho was more important than Rain or Fujin, even Sareena would've been a better choice. Bo Rai Cho shows no fighting ability, Smoke has no reason to be a cyborg or leave the Netherrealm, and Baraka should be dead and buried. This is rewriting canon to make references to the old timeline, it's sacrificing the great stuff MK9 and MKX did and if it keeps up Mortal Kombat is eventually going to turn back into the mess that was Armegeddon.
SCREAMING!! Yaaaaasssss!!!

Though Noob isn't dead for good and neither is Shang, and we don't know who is dead "for good" at the moment (but I suspect it's Shinnok and potentially Quan "Mastermind behind everything" Chi).

Lokheit

Noob
I know the 50% guests thing probably is on WB, but if I didn't pick Jason and Predator, characters that I actually like, I'm not picking any guest because I keep my stance of wanting the time and resources spent on characters that help the franchise canon move forward.

I will pick Bo'Rai Cho because he's canon, he's not my favorite but at least he is buddy with Kuai Liang in the new timeline (re: comics) and I would get literally any canon character (even Kobra and Darrius) over any guest character.

Tri-Borg... I will wait for more details. It's tempting but I want to wait, if he's canon AND his backstory makes sense. If there is a logical explanation like a tekunin protocol in case Sektor was defeated or something, I would be ok. If he is just a mash up of characters out of the canon (and the smoke part seems to point in this direction) I will hesitate a lot and maybe don't get him despite wanting Sektor here.

Honestly I'm now more focused on the possibility of a KP3 if sales go well, this time hopefuly with someone among my top characters (like Sareena or Sindel). I was looking for someone to add to my short list of mains here and I was a bit disappointed.

I'm so worried about the future of MK games. Can you imagine what could happen in 10-15 years when half the roster is filled with "guests" characters?
We're at a very crucial point in MK history imo.

Last edited:
It happens dude atleast we are getting more characters. It took alot of hard work to make each of those characters yea the guest are annoying i agree all the way but the team put a huge amount of effort into making them work (imagine alien) so lets just appreciate the hard work.

I appreciate all the effort they're putting to make more characters. I like Bo, I'm ok with Triborg, I just wished all 4 characters were pure MK.

BTW, Brian chard has already confirmed that triborg is a different character, He has his own intro/outro and does not represent any of the other cyborgs.
Also, The only character in KP2 that has "Real" voice actor is Bo 'Rai Cho.

MORDECA1

Noob
I have never seen a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie and am honestly not even sure about how he looks. A very odd choice imo. Especially with all the Spawn hype. God Spawn would have been awesome.

This pack is so bad though, that it convinces me another one will come. Fujin and Smoke and Rain seemed so popular. Sindel would have been a great choice for another female too. I think it is a real possibility we get more DLC.