What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
First off, Sindel and Frost need to never be playable in MK ever again. They are just awful characters, there are better females to pick.

Second, I'm alright with leatherface now.

I have never seen a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie and am honestly not even sure about how he looks. A very odd choice imo. Especially with all the Spawn hype. God Spawn would have been awesome.

This pack is so bad though, that it convinces me another one will come. Fujin and Smoke and Rain seemed so popular. Sindel would have been a great choice for another female too. I think it is a real possibility we get more DLC.
Yeah it's possible we get more DLC but I'm almost 100% sure that they not gonna add human smoke. The whole point of putting cyber-smoke as a variation is because human smoke is already in the game (faction kill) and they couldn't add him as a separate character, So the only way for them to please smoke fans was to put cyber-smoke in the game and they did.
As for LeatherFace, I would guess they wanted to make Michael Myers at first but they thought "Let's put a less iconic character + alien (which is very popular) and for the next game we can put Michael Myers and another "less popular/iconic" horror movie character "

Last edited:

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Yeah it's possible we get more DLC but I'm almost 100% sure that they not gonna add human smoke. The whole point of putting cyber-smoke as a variation is because human smoke is already in the game (faction kill) and they couldn't add him as a separate character, So the only way for them to please smoke fans was to put cyber-smoke in the game and they did.
As for LeatherFace, I would guess they wanted to make Michael Myers at first but they thought "Let's put a less iconic character + alien (which is very popular) and for the next game we can put Michael Myers and another "less popular/iconic" horror movie character "
What if the next NRS game is the Horror Fighting game that Boon allways dream of ????

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
First off, Sindel [...] need to never be playable in MK ever again. [She is] just awful characters, there are better females to pick.
How dare you! Her wonderweave attacks are fucking amazing! She's better as a character than KANO's basic ass and yet I don't see y'all talking about him needing to never be playable! *hair flip*

What if the next NRS game is the Horror Fighting game that Boon allways dream of ????
It better be because I'm tired of all these horror dudes guesting. What's next? Samara for MKI?

Last edited:
First off, Sindel and Frost need to never be playable in MK ever again. They are just awful characters, there are better females to pick.

Second, I'm alright with leatherface now.
I like all MK chars even Hsu Hao. Not sure why you hate sindel or frost, I guess you're not a hardkore fan, sorry.

E

Eldriken

It's kind of unfair to count "Tri-Borg" as three MK characters. It's more of a 33/33/33 situation. That's even if one of them happens to be Robo Smoke.

I know of people who would have rather had a fully fleshed out version of one of the cyborgs than to have pieces of all three. Hopefully dialogue will change based on the variation you choose, if that doesn't happen, then "Tri-Borg" is just another guest character in and of itself.
IT'S MORE THAN A 50/50! :DOGE

kantboy-2

Ripper
KP3; Smoke, Sindel, guest character from the next NRS game, Fujin, maybe Rain as the preorder bonus.

They change Smoke to Noob in the Faction Kill. Done.

Sindel and Smoke are the other two featured Revenants at game's end. Fujin is wanted by everyone. The guest character ties things with the next game and brings hype.

I like all MK chars even Hsu Hao. Not sure why you hate sindel or frost, I guess you're not a hardkore fan, sorry.
People have different tastes lol, he doesn't have to be a hardcore fan to like Sindel or Frost

also I really doubt there will be a kp3 but stranger things have happened

Apologia X

Trump 2020
Honestly, it wouldn't be that hard to put Sindel, Rain, and Baraka in the game given they already have the base model for them. I'll take them as is with the same moveset they had from Mk9.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
contrary to popular opinion... I actually really like the recipe they have going. I adore horror movies and the MK franchise so seeing some of my all time favorite horror movie icons making it in to the game is amazing.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Although I was really surprised by two guest characters, I can't complain too much. I was one of the few who was really interested in seeing Bo Rai Cho added to MKX. I feel like a lot of people will be changing their tune on him when they finally see how he plays. He might end up being one of the most interesting and fun characters to play in MKX.

I'm not too shocked about Xenomorph, frankly. I was hoping they wouldn't add an alien, but at least he seems to be a Xenomorph/Tarkatan hybrid. That could be cool.

Leatherface can absolutely fuck right off. This, I will admit, is a total waste of a character slot. Having said that, I'm sure NRS is banking on the die-hard horror fans, but again....wouldn't they have already bought the game because of Jason and possibly Predator by that same token? Who knows, but this is the only character I wasn't happy about.

The absolute saving grace of this Kombat Pack is Tri-Borg. Holy fucking shit, did I lose my mind when I saw this. If you knew the Kombat Pack would include a version of Baraka, Bo Rai Cho, Sektor, Cyrax and most likely Smoke (I think it's actually going to be a mix of Noob and Smoke as that gray variation), you'd be pumped. This is exactly the character I was hoping they would add well before any DLC was even spoken of.

Overall, I'm satisfied with KP2. I'll play the shit out of Tri-Borg, BRC and probably give Xenoraka a try. There's no way to please everyone., so it is what it is. I'm excited about it, personally.

Yeah I'm also excited for Bo and I'm confident they gonna make him so much more interesting and unique. The fact that Triborg is 3-in-1 sounds cool as a concept but he's pretty much his own character, So I'd wait and see how they gonna handle that. And again, I would much rather have Baraka over a Xenomorph but that's probably just me.
And LeatherFace is a joke to me tbh.

Last edited:
So basically since you're given a platform to whine and cry you whine and cry? And if there isn't a platform to whine and cry you stay silent? Lol regardless this is what we are being given. Either buy it, or not. Me, I'll be wrecking fucking faces with leatherface.
You've missed the point entirely. Adding new characters before a roster and staples have been established isn't the same as doing it after they have. Adding new characters then didn't mean leaving anyone out. The lack of a venue to express dislike was the least important of anything I said.

Last edited:
@Zatoichi what if Leather Face is in fact Shang Tsung in disguise!!!
Think about it... In this trailer, in the Leather face segment We have a Sorcerer (Quan Chi) a couple of thousand souls (Ermac) and a psycho who wears his victims faces. And remember Tsung's Joker fatality from mk9? If NRS are smart enough they won't add a second serial killer into one game. So this might be a very collaborative trolling set up.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Think about it... In this trailer, in the Leather face segment We have a Sorcerer (Quan Chi) a couple of thousand souls (Ermac) and a psycho who wears his victims faces. And remember Tsung's Joker fatality from mk9? If NRS are smart enough they won't add a second serial killer into one game. So this might be a very collaborative trolling set up.
The saw is life.

no

I agree with most of what you say except this part. Doesn't prove that at all, it simply proves DLC characters can BECOME cannon. Otherwise Freddy Jason Leatherface Alien Predator and fucking Kratos are all canon as well.

Bo Rai Cho was already cannon, him being unimportant doesn't change by him being DLC. Hell, Goro wasn't even seen and he came on the disk.
The Triborg may or may not become cannon in the next game, but they are under no obligation to, and they will likely only do it if it becomes worthwhile for the story or if they WANT those characters in the game.
Kratos IS canon though. In the PS3 version of MK9, Sub-Zero freezes Kratos in ice at the start of his chapter.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I was on the hate train in the beginning. When the dust settled and I thought about things rationally I came to the realization that WB was most likely behind Leatherface/Xenomorph. I am semi-excited about the xenomorph and having some neat nerdy AVP fights and with licensing contracts it is likely that WB needed to use Leatherface in some fashion in order to keep the license theirs.

A lot of people don't realize that movie studios can lose the rights to properties if they aren't used in x amount of time, which is another reason why we are thrown hap-hazardly rushed god awful movie sequels as well. Production company's would rather have a movie out that they lose money on than lose the rights to a character/franchise and let it be scooped up by somebody else.

Point in fact, Hellraiser which is one of my favorite horror movies, has had countless sequels that were made using other scripts and re-vamping them for the franchise by Dimension so they wouldn't lose the rights. After the fourth film none of the sequels have anything to do with the series and basically just happen to include Pinhead and the rest of the cenobites.