What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
They start off by reliving the 80's by going MK Kids...

...and there is outrage over adding Leatherface.

Kenshi really isn't bad at all. He just doesn't have the 50/50/Push you into the corner game like some of the other wonderful characters we love in the game.;)
@Pig Of The Hut who is one of the best (if not the best) Kenshi players in the world, not to mention a Kenshi loyalist, and a high level player no less, has even said himself that Kenshi is bad.

Last edited:
Back when MKX was first announced and the character speculation started.. If you were told that the cast would include these characters, everyone would be outraged, rightfully so, and saying things like, "is this even MK?" etc etc...

Leatherface, Jason, Predator, Alien, Ferra Torr, Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin, Takeda, D'Vorah, Erron Black.

TWELVE character slots going to unappealing character's kids, experimental stupid ass horror movie guests, and completely brand new characters? At that point you could just call it something else besides MK.

That's too many. That's just flat out too many. If you want to save space by combining all cyborgs into one slot, great. It makes sense to do that because then you can free up character slots for the slew of MK staples that aren't in the game yet.

Instead those freed up slots go to stupid ass horror movie characters no one gives a flying fuck about? There's no way in fucking hell anyone could think god damn leatherface is more deserving of three variations than Smoke is... Or Cyrax... Or Sektor.

This game is barely even MK. Maybe the next game will actually be MK again.

Apologia X

Trump 2020
Considering everyone's reaction here to Leatherface, and the mixed feelings on Xenomorph and Bo I have a feeling they actually might have gotten a few boo's.

Edit: either that or the event didn't deem their trailer audience friendly or some shit
Wow, didn't think about that. Ermac did get stabbed with a chainsaw. lol

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
They fused my favourite MK character with one of my favourite fictional creations of all time. I understand why some people are salty, but I am creaming buckets right now. I haven't even played this game seriously in ages and now I have to get back into it. Holy shit, what is life?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't see how the gray cyborg could be smoke. It didn't even seem like Sektor. Like the cyborg just copied his moves it looked like.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Back when MKX was first announced and the character speculation started.. If you were told that the cast would include these characters, everyone would be outraged, rightfully so, and saying things like, "is this even MK?" etc etc...

Leatherface, Jason, Predator, Alien, Ferra Torr, Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin, Takeda, D'Vorah, Erron Black.

TWELVE character slots going to unappealing character's kids, experimental stupid ass horror movie guests, and completely brand new characters? At that point you could just call it something else besides MK.

That's too many. That's just flat out too many. If you want to save space by combining all cyborgs into one slot, great. It makes sense to do that because then you can free up character slots for the slew of MK staples that aren't in the game yet.

Instead those freed up slots go to stupid ass horror movie characters no one gives a flying fuck about? There's no way in fucking hell anyone could think god damn leatherface is more deserving of three variations than Smoke is... Or Cyrax... Or Sektor.

This game is barely even MK. Maybe the next game will actually be MK again.

So did someone make a post like this for every mk game that came out after mk1 that added new characters? Or were people fine w new characters up to this point?