What's new

Who will you main first?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Definitely Sektor, Cyrax will be my first two guys. Scorpion and Raiden also! Ermac too lol

REYTHEGREAT

Who would you main?

Just curious to find out who would you guys main in MK9? we know most of the cast now, so which are your tops? I think for me I would main scorpion and gives others a try.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sindel, Ermac, Kabal, Reptile

Out of those top 4... Ermac is first! (unless he's locked) :(

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Sub Zero first. But I am gonna see how I like Smoke, Reptile, Ermac, Noob, Sektor, Cyrax, and well the entire cast.

SZSR

Noob
My mains from MKA:
Sub-Zero, Smoke, Rain(if he's in), Stryker, Jax, Johnny Cage.
I'll add Mileena and Sektor to that if I see them online a lot which i'm kinda expecting.

SZSR

Noob
Just add the whole roster.....

P.S. i might go with Kano,Kabal or Kung Lao....
Lol, no i'm not too open-minded to using my brother's mains, plus I don't expect i'd go out from Sub-Zero, Smoke, Rain and Cage that much, I just want to experience the whole game. And now that I see Kabal and Kung Lao in one sentence, i'm a bit afraid how long the combos will be in tag team for them....

Who will you main first?
There is no 'first' in fighting games for me. I either main a single character or don't take the game seriously.

The term 'main' implies you use one single character and master them and them alone. Sure, you can play others from time to time, especailly given MK2011's tag model. But your main is your main. If you have 'two mains', then you have no mains - you simply play the game.

Kahn will be my main. If tag turns out okay and I'm required to adopt a second character, maybe someone that makes sense for Kahn to team up with. Sindel, Mileena or Kitana possibly. But if the tag aspect of the game does turn out to be more than just a MvC-esque gimmick, I'll be playing this in 2-player co-op the vast majority of the time. So any second character I'll entertain will likely be whoever my cohort does, in order to help him flesh the character's abilities out. (But I will be pressuring him to use someone who suits Kahn as a partner).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Sablicious Well, I definitely don't think it'll be any more or less gimmicky then other fighters with "tag modes" but I do like that MK9 at least unlike MVC, you'll have the option choose tag or single=big plus. Also, I'm not so sure you're getting the question of the thread. I hear what you're saying, I do but "main" in terms of 'who will you main in terms of who will you work on the most as one of your main characters to win with or be good with"

You're thinking in terms of "singular" meaning "He's my MAIN guy and that's it" which can work too, but most players usually main/master a few characters and thus have a deeper arsenal to use where as someone that just uses one character, although can compete just as well...won't be as versatile a player as someone else who would happen to master nearly the entire roster(which rarely happens anyway) Most players use a few characters well but do have one or two or three that they're usually unequaled with and thus you have the "best player to use this character is" threads...

That's not to say again that nobody has ever just competed using one character(it's just rare) at least in MK...I can't speak for other fighting communities. UMK3 is probably the one game that people just pick Kabal and Smoke though I've noticed.

Just curious to find out who would you guys main in MK9? we know most of the cast now, so which are your tops? I think for me I would main scorpion and gives others a try.
Yep.

lol@ the cheapest...see here's where I differ from most. I don't master someone due to their tier, but because I LOVE that character :) of course if you're a player more concerned about winning, I guess I can see that but thankfully I can already tell Sektor and Cyrax will be better then UMK3...Cyrax especially lol.

I also like picking characters that aren't typically picked(like Smoke, Kabal, Sub-Zero etc)

Now

1. Ermac
2. Sektor
3. Cyrax
4. Scorpion
5. Raiden
7. Rain
8. Sindel
9. Probably Kabal just to deal with the other Kabal like players like UMK3 at times(should he be higher tier) I'll at least try him for fun though...
10. Stryker

Smoke, Subby are up in the air.....

Fujin for sure IF he makes it in via DLC...hopes so, he was a beast in MK4 when used right.

Graveyard

Superb
I will main any of these characters depending on how they turn out: Kabal (most likely), smoke, scorpion, nightwolf, kung lao.
I am really stoked to see how Kabal turns out.