What's new

Who were the Top 5 best MK9 Players?

BS3OOO

Noob
Man I planned on making this topic later today, but you beat me to it! I'm going to base this off of the players in their prime. I'm actually ranking mines so here we go.
  1. REO - Imo the undisputed best player in MK9 history. You can make an argument for PL since he has 2 EVO titles, but I'm rolling with REO. He has by far the most tourney wins and finished out of top 8 twice? 2 EVO second place finishes and 3 MLG victories. REO originally made everyone hate Kabal.
  2. Perfect Legend - I have to go with him at number two because he won twice when it mattered the most. He also finished 3rd at one of the MLG events. PL almost reminds me of Lebron James having to perform under constant pressure!
  3. CDJr - CD Jr is probably behind REO with tournament victories. He has an MLG victory under his belt and a second place finish at EVO. In his prime with Jax, before he started tier whoring, he seemed unstoppable to me. Even when I thought he was washed up, he took out Dizzy.
  4. DJT - I have to put him in here because he has an EVO title and he also place top 8 in 2011 at EVO. Not to mention he finished 2nd at one of the MLG events. He probably has the best, most efficient Cyrax I've ever seen. Despite losing to Tom Brady in a FT5 I still think he has the best Sub-Zero tournament wise after all the nerfs.
  5. DetroitBallin - This was hard but I went with Ballin! He has a top 8 EVO placing under his belt, he won an MLG event, and also went to the northeast and bodied all their players at the NEC he won. MLG may not be EVO but that's a huge win. Forgive if I'm forgetting someone, but other player that I've yet to name has more than the two majors he has won?
Honorable mentions:
  • Maxter - Plenty of 2nd and 3rd placings at majors. He would've won a few if CD Jr and REO had not have been in his way.
  • PigoftheHut - Made many people despise Kenshi. He won 2 MWC's, but could never finish first at a highly stacked event. He was almost there though.
  • Tyrant - The hypest person to watch! Won SCR which was full of talent.
  • 16 Bit - The undisputed number 1 Kitana in the world and the ultimate character loyalist. He won devastation and was always favored to do well at any event he showed up at.
  • Curbo - Won NEC and created a huge storm at his first MLG event. He only got eliminated by top notch players. No flukes to knowledge.
Others include MIT, CD Sr., Dizzy, Wafflez and probably someone else! So many great players out there.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So based on the facts:

1: REO - Indisputable. Won more events, and more major events, than any other player in MK9. Longest win streak of anyone in MK9. Has defeated more top competition than anyone else, and pushed his character to a level that no one else even came close to reaching.

2: CD Jr. - Although recent events have put Jr. farther outside the winners podium, he still holds the second best tournament record in the game. And in a lot of the tournaments where he lost, he was in Grand Finals. He was one of the only players in the game to ever give REO significant trouble or have a chance of going 50/50 with him.

3: Maxter - Outside of REO, one of the most consistent players in MK9 history. Almost always in grand finals or close to it, and leaves a long trail of defeated top players. He was a true threat to anyone he played and rightfully deserves to be in the top 5 all time.

4: PerfectLegend - Won EVO twice.

5: Dizzy - Dizzy has accomplished what a lot of people did not think was possible; he took a character that most people considered unlikely to win against the absolute top of the cast, and continued to refine him until he was capable of knocking off some of the best, no matter which characters they were playing. Defeated PL and Jr. to win Season's Beatings and elevated the game to a high art in his UFGT win. As the only person to get anywhere with Johnny Cage in recent times, in a world where everyone was flocking to Kabal, Cyrax, and Kenshi, I would have to say that Dizzy represents the highest level of achievement in Mortal Kombat skill.

Flagg

Noob
So much bias in this thread.

Reo, djt, mygod, Detroit and King were the best players last night.

Why are ppl saying Jr, pig and dizzy are beyond me. Should be putting 16 bit before dizzy.

Wound is another worthy contender.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
So much bias in this thread.

Reo, djt, mygod, Detroit and King were the best players last night.

Why are ppl saying Jr, pig and dizzy are beyond me. Should be putting 16 bit before dizzy.

Wound is another worthy contender.

The thread is not about who were the best five at Evo2k13, but all-time best five MK players.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Maybe because Jr. won a bunch of tournaments and Dizzy won SB:A and UFGT over some of the top players in the game, and also was one of the most consistent top8 players at the tournaments he didn't win, with a character that doesn't normally end up there.

We still love bit though. But it doesn't sound like you're speaking based on the facts.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
On a side note, quality of tournaments wins > quantity of tournaments wins. Nobody calls Tottenham a better team for winning the Carling Cup more times than Chelsea has won the Champions League. And nobody calls Holland a better team than Spain for reaching the World Cup final more times than Spain have won it.

Smarrgasm will probably be the only person who gets that analogy but oh well, I don't know shit about the NFL. #SawkerAnalogies

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
No gross ?
If aliens come I'll recrut some korean to make the presentation.
Umm no? Give me one good reason why you think gross is top 5?

EDIT: Didn't realize that you quoted my kid list. I don't think gross is young enough