What's new

Who is the hardest character you have played?

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Do you think E Ryu is harder to use than Makoto, Gen and C.Viper?
I have no idea why people think he's hard to play. Every E Ryu I've played online no matter how shitty their connection was didn't drop his bnbs.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
The question has different answers a lot of times depending on what you mean.

Mastering technical skills with Arrow would probably make him one of the hardest in Injustice but he doesn't need that at a basic level. With Martian, he requires it at a basic kompetitive level but he doesn't have the technical ceiling Arrow has since Arrow requires more reactions and match up specific knowledge. And Flash is pretty simple but he does have some harder swag kombos, plus RMS kancels that are fun.

Then stepping out of Injustice into MK9. Sektor had one of the harder things in the game: spacing out B34 so the second hit wouldn't wiff. Not only was this match up specific but spacing it from neutral was one of the harder things to do as one would have to gauge distances and subtle movements. Beyond this, he had limitations and strengths that made him unique though potentially high risk.

The hardest raw kombo execution I had to deal with as a Pad player though would definitely be Yoshimitsu in SCV his just frames were definitely harder than Ibuki's 1 frame links/tsumiji loop. The pad bumpers being off by a frame depending on where you pressed it definitely didn't help either.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
MK9: kabal takes a lot of time and effort to learn but once you have him down its like auto pilot. ive dabbled with scarlet and she is definitely tough, but I honestly think sonyas max damage combos are way more difficult. she is super execution heavy, which is why everyones BnB punish is 1,1,1,1,1,1,112 lol

E

Eldriken

Daigo claims E Ryu is the most difficult character to use? Is that what he said? Hmm Daigo or not there are more complex characters than E Ryu.
I don't think Daigo would ever say something that stupid.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Kabal is not hard to use, once you get his execution down he is really simple
Isn't this an oxymoron?

I mean, I'd like to think I have Kabal's execution down adequately (just for tech reference/makeshift matchup knowledge) and some of it is just a matter of unorthodox muscle memory, but I wouldn't say it feels 'simple'.

Why are people saying E Ryu. Characters like Gen and Viper are way harder. Lol at ppl changing from their Ryu main and switching to E Ryu and declaring him the hardest character to use on the roster.
This is most likely the size of it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I mean, I'd like to think I have Kabal's execution down adequately (just for tech reference/makeshift matchup knowledge) and some of it is just a matter of unorthodox muscle memory, but I wouldn't say it feels 'simple'.
This

is what I feel also.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Isn't this an oxymoron?

I think he means Kabal execution is tough, but his overall gameplan is simple.
Phoenix Wright for example has easy execution combos but has a multi layered gameplan that revolves around randomly generated factors, in essence this character is harder to see success with in his game than Kabal is in mk9

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think he means Kabal execution is tough, but his overall gameplan is simple.
Phoenix Wright for example has easy execution combos but has a multi layered gameplan that revolves around randomly generated factors, in essence this character is harder to see success with in his game than Kabal is in mk9
That could be said for Mishimas/electrics in Tekken, the bells and whistles of which are well documented but keeping your composure and the input down in every scenario the properties of an EWGF come into play is a whole different discipline in itself.

This

is what I feel also.
This is obviously supposed to be a smart answer but I'm still not sure what exactly you're getting at...

Last edited:

TONY-T

Mad scientist
If we are talking just the coolest characters, (but not necessarily my favs) then these are my picks from the games i've played..

Tekken. Bryan Fury / Feng Wei / Heihachi / Kazuya / Marduk / Yoshi

MK9. Cyrax / Sektor / Shao Kahn / Goro / Scorpion / Smoke

Injustice. Deathstroke / Doomsday / Professor Zoom

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This is obviously supposed to be a smart answer but I'm still not sure what exactly you're getting at...
Nah just making fun of those who quote posts saying "This" instead of finishing their sentence whilst showing that I agree with you.