What's new

Tech Johnny Cage....in Injustice?!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
For those of you that are watching/watched The Break, you may have heard @Indecisive talking about the tech him and I discussed and worked on. Basically on the thread I made about Flash's Lightning Kick crossing up in the corner I had a couple of requests to find tech and upon Inde's I jumped into practice to find some Shazam tech and this is what I found. The tech I'm about to share with you affects a third of the cast, 11 to be exact. Some have an easier time doing this than others.

You may be wondering "how the f**k do you manage to bring that stupid nut-punching rushdown idiot into Injustice exactly?!" and the answer is.....I'm not talking about the rushdown part. Some of you may be aware that Johnny Cage could combo off of his b4 sweep in certain situations and, well, so can some of the characters in Injustice. From the highest heights the sweep can hit an airborne character (though this is not necessary for all the characters that can) and to the best of my execution, these are the results of my time in practice testing this against a jumping Joker:

The ones that can convert off of their sweep:
Shazam
Batman
Superman
Nightwing (staff only)
Wonder Woman (shield stance only) (can actually combo d3 into another d3 from max height of her sweep lol)
Flash (requires trait iirc)
Hawkgirl
Solomon Grundy
Lex Luthor
Doomsday
Sinestro (with trait)

The ones that can't convert off of their sweep:
Cyborg
Green Arrow (looks soooo close to being able to though)
Martian Manhunter
Raven
Aquaman
Zatanna (also seems suuuuper close to being able to)
Green Lantern
Batgirl
Lobo
Joker
Harley Quinn
Zod
Catwoman
Deathstroke
Scorpion
Ares
Killer Frost
Black Adam
Bane
aaaaaaaaaand Lasso Wonder Woman and Escrima Nightwing.

Those who can/want to, test this and see what kind of conversions you can get. I know Batman and Shazam can get ~45% at least. I know there may be some who don't see this as particularly viable in tournament but it could be good for swag combos? If someone could pull it off in tournament it'd look super cool too....

Enjoy :cool:

I'll tag some of the stream chat...
@SZSR
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Espio
@CURBOLICOUS
@EMPEROR_SunFire
@Zyphox
@KDZ
@Maxter

Here's a video showing two characters who can easily get conversions off of their sweeps from the right heights:

Last edited:

Youphemism

Alright I'll whip up some vids for you of this in practice to show that it is possible, but not right now as it's almost 5am here lol. I'll do it when I wake up tomorrow I'll edit the OP and I'll let you guys know when they're there.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
For Shazam Step 1 Set CPU to Jump or a Jump in. Step 2 Sweep the character at a really high Height. Step 3 Do d1 After Sweep or 11 If you have Balls. Then Figure it out from there. Figure out your own dam combos. :p

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Sick man sweet find!!!!!!

the only thing si with Shazam, his D2 is so good you wouldnt be using it as an anti air

but if you go for a swee[ and they jump, sweet convert

Youphemism

Sick man sweet find!!!!!!

the only thing si with Shazam, his D2 is so good you wouldnt be using it as an anti air

but if you go for a swee[ and they jump, sweet convert
Thanks! :D Use it as more of a trip guard than an anti-air, and this scales less than d2 too lol

Youphemism

Yeah, I'm trying to see if I can get a d2 to pop them into the air.
Nah his d2 is 9 frames, if you can barely get a d1 you're never getting a d2. Landing a f2 would be insane though if it's possible...
But for the moment all you can get is a SoCal special

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
okay i get it out, the only way i see my self ever doing a sweep is when if i can set it up where i do a frame trap and if they try to jump out a sweep will allow me to catch them going up and allowing me to convert.

Youphemism

okay i get it out, the only way i see my self ever doing a sweep is when if i can set it up where i do a frame trap and if they try to jump out a sweep will allow me to catch them going up and allowing me to convert.
Well there you go, this is pretty much to show that it can combo, setups and whatever else are down to the player :)