What's new

Who is still playing mk9?

Is mk9 still relevant now that Injustice is out?

• Total voters

Komatose

The Prettiest
They're two completely different games. One should not rip you apart from the other unless you aren't an MK fan and you just don't appreciate the game anymore. I am definitely an MK fan so will I drop MK for Injustice all together? Fuck no. Will I play Injustice more at the moment because it's a new fighter that's interesting to me? Of course. Injustice should not replace MK in the slightest. Two different games, way different mechanics, all different characters and stories. I'll be supporting both until they die.

ryublaze

Noob
I haven't been playing MK9 cuz everyone else is playing Injustice whenever I log on and I haven't been playing Injustice cuz I suck at it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah I havent played MK in like 3 months or so. I might sign up just for the heck of it but outside of tourneys I wont be playing it much if at all.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I still find MK to be a lot of fun, so I expect to keep playing it until it isn't. Most of GGA are continuing to play (and improve) their MK skills. I just ran a long set with 16 Bit last night and though the MU for both of us isn't what I would call "fun", the game still is.

Sent from my phone, using the keypad.

After the new game feel of injustice wears out I will settle into playing both games. I love the MK universe waaay more than DC and MK is the only reason i care about fighting games in the first place.
My sentiments exactly. First game I played ever was the original mk.
Isn't that sweet? I have good memories with MK:Trilogy. I remember playing it with my Dad and Uncles back when I was at least four years old.

Anyway, I am sticking by MK9.
For one reason, it's because I don't have I:GAU yet, and for another, Kratos still needs me. ; - ;

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
When I was
Isn't that sweet? I have good memories with MK:Trilogy. I remember playing it with my Dad and Uncles back when I was at least four years old.

Anyway, I am sticking by MK9.
For one reason, it's because I don't have I:GAU yet, and for another, Kratos still needs me. ; - ;
When I was like 5 I used to cut out masks from blue construction paper and pretend I was Subzero lol

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I'm still playing it and I just did a tournament yestersday ! Fuck injustice ! I'm dropping this fucking game to make me lose like a damn noob who weren't able to press the right grab button, and dropping so many time !

Shindej7

ShinDej wins!
I don't have injustice yet but it just seems and looks like a better uptaded version of mk9 its not like sf and marvel which are two completely different games I don't go to tournaments so its going to be hard and pointless for me to keep switching but i'll see

Element_

The First Element
i'm still on with MK ,its not dead...and I aint playing Injustice online if or until they patch some sheet that I aint too happy about,i know Injustice is a awesome game but lets not forget guys,MK9 is great too .

So I've been on hiatus for the better part of a year now with a new kid and all that goes with being a working man with bills and such, was very big into MK (have 2 kids named after characters in the franchise) and bought Injustice on release. I am very much digging Injustice but decided to pop MK back in and check it out with fresh eyes.
I have decided I enjoy MK much much more and will still play Injustice but MK has my heart. I grew up on MK and no matter the faults I will always flock back to it.
Your friend and mine-
MiB

I don't have injustice yet but my buddy in my neighborhood has it and I have played it a few times and love it. When I get it I will play it for a few weeks until the wow factor is gone, then it will probably be 50/50. I'm still playing mk9 in the meantime.

Fear_Me

Noob
I will always play it. I love this game, but going from Injustice netcode to MK9 is really tough. I wish they would just copy the Injustice netcode to MK9. But that won't happen.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Man..im gonna miss mk9. Alk good things must come to an end though. Probly the best fighting game ever made. I dont see injustice lasting near as long as mk did. 3 years is a long ass time

Espio

Kokomo
I'm still playing it, MK is still really fun to me/relevant <3.

I've been playing Injustice a lot, but I just wanna get my footing in it too.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm gonna be practicing again for UFGT. It sucks that I have no scene out here. The "scene" consists of a bunch of UMVC3 fanatics. I can't level up in a game if the person I'm playing is terrible at it. 3 years is a long time, and I understand the difference between mk9 and sf4. We can say sf4 has been relevant since it came out in...2008. But the game has had what, 4 different iterations/updates since then? This is where I think NRS has a chance with Injustice where it was blown for mk9. There's the fact that mk9 will never be changed again, coupled with the fact that the mk competitive scene is younger than the sf/capcom one that will inevitably end it's life. I cannot force anyone to like the game, all I can do is suggest that people give it a chance. :)

Element_

The First Element
I honestly think Mk9 is a better , there was so much hype about IGAU and its kinda let me down , I would of liked it better if NRS released a MK10 before all the DC bravado ;)