What's new

Who has Something To Prove in MKX: 'Return of The Footsie'

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Doesn't he have an evo medal in Doa? I am not making him out to be a 5 time evo champion, you might have interpreted it that way but my very first post was about his resume. And it really depends on what you mean with having something to prove, I don't think he needs to prove that he is a top player or that he can get top 8 because he obviously can. If we're talking whether he can hang with mlg winning/evo winning players then yes, he would need to prove that.
He does have something to prove because w injustice he had every excuse in the book even smashing ones pad so he didn't have to compete

I just posted his accurate rankings using sheer results

And honestly no I don't think he has any Evo medal

Edit: 2006 he placed 7th in doa so yes one medal

DOA was his finest achievement and game 8 years ago. This is good to know

He does have something to prove because w injustice he had every excuse in the book even smashing ones pad so he didn't have to compete

I just posted his accurate rankings using sheer results

And honestly no I don't think he has any Evo medal

Edit: 2006 he placed 7th in doa so yes one medal

DOA was his finest achievement and game 8 years ago. This is good to know
Well you can have your opinion about that. But this isn't the ''having something to prove in injustice thread''. Basically what I am trying to say is, come mk x he will place and he has a good fighting game history in general to back that up. Mk x is a new game so we're not basing it on just injustice.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Oh yeah, and lots of people have told me that I'll never do good at an MK game.

So yeah, I kinda want to play now because of that.
Having something to prove only makes you better...

Your true words on my Martian finally made me put Arrow aside and put more time into him before that I only labbed him up when helping Krayzie.

coolwhip

Noob
Does anyone really think Perfect Legend won't be very good at MK X? The only reason I single him out is because I hear his name getting brought up a lot. There's zero chance of PL not being good at an NRS game.

Does anyone really think Perfect Legend won't be very good at MK X? The only reason I single him out is because I hear his name getting brought up a lot. There's zero chance of PL not being good at an NRS game.
He is still pretty good at injustice top 8 material for sure, just not batshit crazy double time evo champ in mk9 good.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well you can have your opinion about that. But this isn't the ''having something to prove in injustice thread''. Basically what I am trying to say is, come mk x he will place and he has a good fighting game history in general to back that up. Mk x is a new game so we're not basing it on just injustice.
I'm basing it off of previous two titles

cyke_out

Noob
I'm not saying Cyrax won because of his teleport. I'm saying that when characters win NRS games at EVO they usually have teleports in addition to their other bullshit, and in addition to player skill, Superman being the only exception to this because he does not have a teleport. And if you use MK as an example when it was a main game at EVO then there actually are no exceptions: the winning characters all had teleports. But, as it has been stated,4 out of 5 positive examples don't prove that characters with teleports will always win NRS games at EVO. However, I do believe that is the case, which is why I said anyone who wants to win EVO should pick up a teleport character, preferably the strongest one or the one who has some broken stuff.

It doesn't change the fact that he still has the move and maybe used it on his entire path to winning EVO, unless he never used Cyrax on his way to GF.

The point isn't that Denzell won because of Cyrax's teleport. Denzell played spectacularly to beat Reo, and Cyrax has many more stronger tools than a teleport. My point is that in Mortal Kombat's years as an NRS main game teleport characters have won everytime. This has nothing to do with player skill. This leads to my assumption (not fact) that a strong character, who also has a teleport will win MKX at EVO.

I actually counted Denzell using teleport only twice in all of GF. He used it in one round and ended up losing the match; and he ended up using it in another game and won a round with it, but eventually lost the match. So, it absolutely didn't aid in his GF win, but the move was still there.
correlation does not equal causation

Every character but one that has won Evo in street fighter 4 has a fireball. Are fireballs too strong?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't think cyrax teleport is a pretty big deal, i know kung tele is good but never had problems with it, does were really major factors of why they won evo? Don't think so, kabal can deal with both characters teleports with no problem, Junior wasn't ready for pl in 2012, and djt made the cyrax tele nearly inexistent at evo 2k13

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Question: if a character wins tournaments because of teleport and you have P1 advantage, can you anticipate to do a plus move attack as opponent reappears from their teleport animation? Would it be better to counter teleport without P1 advantage?

B W1zZ

Noob
Question: if a character wins tournaments because of teleport and you have P1 advantage, can you anticipate to do a plus move attack as opponent reappears from their teleport animation? Would it be better to counter teleport without P1 advantage?
So your assuming MKX is going to have P1 advantage?

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
He does because he has the ability to become characters who do have a teleport, which means that if you select Shang Tsung, by default, you are selecting a teleport character.
By that logic, Shang Tsung is a asexual because he's both a man that can turn into a woman.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Oh yeah, and lots of people have told me that I'll never do good at an MK game.

So yeah, I kinda want to play now because of that.
Can we make a pact to play different characters so we don't have to fight over who is the best with that character?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Can we make a pact to play different characters so we don't have to fight over who is the best with that character?
Well considering I have like 0 attraction to any character because I never played MK I really doubt we will end up playing the same character.

So I'm pretty sure we won't have a problem. I believe in us.

I'm not saying Cyrax won because of his teleport. I'm saying that when characters win NRS games at EVO they usually have teleports in addition to their other bullshit, and in addition to player skill, Superman being the only exception to this because he does not have a teleport. And if you use MK as an example when it was a main game at EVO then there actually are no exceptions: the winning characters all had teleports. But, as it has been stated,4 out of 5 positive examples don't prove that characters with teleports will always win NRS games at EVO. However, I do believe that is the case, which is why I said anyone who wants to win EVO should pick up a teleport character, preferably the strongest one or the one who has some broken stuff.

It doesn't change the fact that he still has the move and maybe used it on his entire path to winning EVO, unless he never used Cyrax on his way to GF.

The point isn't that Denzell won because of Cyrax's teleport. Denzell played spectacularly to beat Reo, and Cyrax has many more stronger tools than a teleport. My point is that in Mortal Kombat's years as an NRS main game teleport characters have won everytime. This has nothing to do with player skill. This leads to my assumption (not fact) that a strong character, who also has a teleport will win MKX at EVO.

I actually counted Denzell using teleport only twice in all of GF. He used it in one round and ended up losing the match; and he ended up using it in another game and won a round with it, but eventually lost the match. So, it absolutely didn't aid in his GF win, but the move was still there.
So basically you're saying teleport characters tend to have the "perfect bullshit" (bat girl's vortex, very effective Yolo tools, and corner damage, Cyrax's resets, and kung Lao's combination of mobility, pressure, and damage.) in their toolkit? That makes a lot more sense than "teleport characters are guaranteed to win Evo because they teleport." Also it's 3 out of 5 Evos have been won by a teleport character, unless you're counting prepatch F23 as a teleport anyway.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hopefully Europe will come out and steam roll majors in the 1st year.

Dat first year NRS skill gap.
Yeah, this reminded me. It's time. No more prat falls and head wraps, no more lack of funding; the donation drive for bringing the UK to the US needs to start like, now. It's time to put this to rest once and for all :p

What you quoted from me was hyperbole. It was admittedly hard to pick up on though.
So basically you're saying teleport characters tend to have the "perfect bullshit" (bat girl's vortex, very effective Yolo tools, and corner damage, Cyrax's resets, and kung Lao's combination of mobility, pressure, and damage.) in their toolkit?
That was the point of my post. It would seem like in NRS games teleport characters usually have all the tools and more to win, and I think that's what you're trying to get at.

My bad for the confusion tho.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I have to prove to myself and the community that I CAN win in FGs and can be competitive. This doesnt only apply to MKX, but all future games I'll be picking up like Xrd and the like.