What's new

Who got the "Sonya Treatment" and "Kano Treatment" in IGAU?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Sonya Treatment: Garbage Juice -> Steroids

Kano Treatment : Steroids -> Garbage Juice

Basically, who made the biggest jump on the tier list and who had the biggest drop?

If I had to choose, I would say Bane had the biggest jump and Black Adam had the biggest drop.

(Yes I know Sonya wasnt technically "bad", but she was low tier until her BS was brought to light, so she made a huge jump)

TKB

Noob
Bane absolutely made the largest jump up because of his buffs.

I'm tempted to say either Black Adam or Killer Frost got hit with the Nerf bat the hardest.

Deathstroke did too but his nerfs weren't nearly as detrimental.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Killer Frost and Scorpion for biggest drop. Scorpion moreso.

Probably Bane biggest rise. Secondary would probably be Sinestro.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I feel Zatanna took a drop due to her levi cancels droping combos. Yet death stroke and Scorpion got a worse drop.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
As far as big jumps go, obviously Flash is at the top. Bane is there, another group of spoiled players that wanted unnecessary buffs. Sinestro got some dumb shit too with that trait charge buff, taking away the long charge gimmick...so those are my big 3 all because their weaknesses got unnecessarily removed.

The bill of bills: Scorpion obviously. He just didn't fit and the only way to truly balance him is to make him into a poor man's Batgirl...and they did just that.
Speaking of poor man's BG, Killer Frost fits this bill as well with strong fundamental weaknesses, poor interactable control and straight up outclassed.
Black Adam has fallen off as well for obvious reasons.
Cyborg. He was dumb when the game just came out with mid hitting IANB's. As soon as that got taken away, he was never the same and now he's begging for Hell Spikes just to be relevant in the zoning game.
Ares was also never the same as soon as 1.04 came out. Everyone forgets that he had a dirty infinite which required meter, but never got anything in return like Cyborg and is stuck down towards the bottom of the pile begging for Hell Spikes.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Bane by far the biggest jump.

Cyborg... poor Cyborg lol.

Flash you can put up there with Sinestro in the "Sonya Juice" category.

Yoaks

A spaceman
As far as big jumps go, obviously Flash is at the top. Bane is there, another group of spoiled players that wanted unnecessary buffs. Sinestro got some dumb shit too with that trait charge buff, taking away the long charge gimmick...so those are my big 3 all because their weaknesses got unnecessarily removed.

The bill of bills: Scorpion obviously. He just didn't fit and the only way to truly balance him is to make him into a poor man's Batgirl...and they did just that.
Speaking of poor man's BG, Killer Frost fits this bill as well with strong fundamental weaknesses, poor interactable control and straight up outclassed.
Black Adam has fallen off as well for obvious reasons.
Cyborg. He was dumb when the game just came out with mid hitting IANB's. As soon as that got taken away, he was never the same and now he's begging for Hell Spikes just to be relevant in the zoning game.
Ares was also never the same as soon as 1.04 came out. Everyone forgets that he had a dirty infinite which required meter, but never got anything in return like Cyborg and is stuck down towards the bottom of the pile begging for Hell Spikes.
Flash wasn't even bad tho. He had a couple buffs but he was still really good. But Bane was in the gutter. So him imo has the biggest jump. He was in the "Pits of Hell" than leaped into the "Clouds of Heaven" so to speak.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Flash wasn't even bad tho. He had a couple buffs but he was still really good. But Bane was in the gutter. So him imo has the biggest jump. He was in the "Pits of Hell" than leaped into the "Clouds of Heaven" so to speak.
I heavily dispute Bane being "that bad."

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Why did flash even get buffed when you had a character like Grundy...like literally every character had some sort of broken thing back then and Grundy was just sitting there all garbage while like every projectile and normal back then was grab immune.

coolwhip

Noob
This might be besides the point, but I don't think Kano was ever that good.

Anyway, my picks for the "Kano treatment" is Scorpion easily, and the Sonya treatment would be either Flash or Bane. Neither were that bad IMO (though neither was pre-patch Sonya, so I guess it's accurate), but they became top tier.

Cash

Noob
Bane or flash for biggest buff for sure!

Scorpion for sure took the biggest dose of garbage juice! Any one who argues is a fool. Cyborog had a busted infinite needed to be toned down, killer frost got worse but it was magnified by the fact that the rest of the cast got better and Deathstoke is a distant second but even after he was nerfed he is still a solid character. Scorpion on the other hand all his tools taken away and is now in contention for bottom 5 after being top 5.