What's new

Who got the "Sonya Treatment" and "Kano Treatment" in IGAU?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Those and he got the mb on his Sonic Pound move.
Lol wut? He's always had mb sonic pound. Any way his buffs were faster dash, mb added to his lc, a flying uppercut buff and his D2 was buffed in the pre Evo patch. Then they nerfed him in the last patch. Oh and they nerfed the otg sonic pound aka time to guess asshole.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I heavily dispute Bane being "that bad."
Banes biggest buff in all of this was to his dashes. Before his dash buffs he was garbage, especially compared to prepatch Adam and Supes. After his dash buffs he was perfectly viable, the only real buff he needed after that was to f2d3. He doesnt need to mb vupper on block or take reduce damage in trait but thats what they gave us so fuck it.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Lol wut? He's always had mb sonic pound. Any way his buffs were faster dash, mb added to his lc, a flying uppercut buff and his D2 was buffed in the pre Evo patch. Then they nerfed him in the last patch. Oh and they nerfed the otg sonic pound aka time to guess
asshole.
He meant MB Lightning Charge...which I guess Flash players desperately wanted...

Flagg

Noob
Bane sorted of became like Jax by coating him in armour.

Only Bane has that steroid trait and super armour moves.

Scorpion probably got the absolute worst nerfs.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Maybe she didn't get the biggest buffs, but how about Selina?

@GGA 16 Bit Where do you think Catwoman would be if F1 hadn't been made an overhead?

I understand she's no better than an "okay" character, but she'd be an absolute shitter without that, right? She'd still be using b2, which is pretty reactable/fuzzyable. It'd be like having superman mixups without all the other tools.

Last edited:

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I mained cyborg for a bit. If you remove something g that broke you have to give him something else, not take away his main dirt and leave him with nothing.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Bane absolutely made the largest jump up because of his buffs.

I'm tempted to say either Black Adam or Killer Frost got hit with the Nerf bat the hardest.

Deathstroke did too but his nerfs weren't nearly as detrimental.
Not nearly as detrimental?

Deathstroke used to be top 3.

Now he is barely top 15.

Dumb TYM fools...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Maybe she didn't get the biggest buffs, but how about Selina?

@GGA 16 Bit Where do you think Catwoman would be if F1 hadn't been made an overhead?

I understand she's no better than an "okay" character, but she'd be an absolute shitter without that, right? She'd still be using b2, which is pretty reactable/fuzzyable. It'd be like having superman mixups without all the other tools.

Yeah, that was undoubtedly a necessary buff.

Before she had f+1 as an overhead I would use f+3 and b+2 and the players with good MU knowledge like Slips were able to fuzzy her 50-50. She had to hella delay the b+1 just to open people up. Plus it's just nice to have a tool that can multitask, like it'll beat backdash while also working as an OH. That move being OH lessened the layers of yomi she had to play and in MU where she struggles to get her gaming going it's key.

The Cat Evade buff helped tremendously in the Green Lantern match. Before that her answer for b+1,3 sucked since she doesn't get a combo for backdashing inbetween. He outfootsied her badly and the MU was probably 3-7.

She did lose a block infinite though lol

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Said this a lot of times, but ill do it again anyways for old times sake.

Day 1 kano = utter trashcan (no low starter, upball caused ball state punish on block)

He started as a shitter, got buffed big time, then nerfed and returned to shitter status slightly more well rounded. If you can believe it, Kano was even worse before the patches started rolling out.

There is no one comparable in NRS history to how thoroughly raped Injustice Scorpions toolset was.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Not nearly as detrimental?

Deathstroke used to be top 3.

Now he is barely top 15.

Dumb TYM fools...
He was top 3 when game was new , even if he would stay the way he was he could drop down on list with time . MMH and BG would beat him pre patch too so thats top 5 already :D

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Said this a lot of times, but ill do it again anyways for old times sake.

Day 1 kano = utter trashcan (no low starter, upball caused ball state punish on block)

He started as a shitter, got buffed big time, then nerfed and returned to shitter status slightly more well rounded. If you can believe it, Kano was even worse before the patches started rolling out.

There is no one comparable in NRS history to how thoroughly raped Injustice Scorpions toolset was.
The first version of Kano had safer knives and a faster upball, albeit the upball was highly punishable on block.

Post patch Kano has more recovery frames on knives and slower start up on upball, which is, however, slightly safer on block than the original upball.

Even calling Kano's buffs "big time" is also debatable. Cage players who abuse the flawed blocking mechanics aside, Kano would still lose to every character he loses to now. Just not as severe.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Cyborg or Scorpion definitely had the biggest drop, but I'd have to give the edge to Cyborg. A full-screen block infinite is basically the most broken thing you can possibly have in a fighting game besides an unblockable full-screen instant K.O.

MLDoom

All these prices and I'm still free
Flash got the Sonya treatment
he had great moves and got even more stuff
and Kano treatment goes to Cyborg, went from #1 in the game (block infinite) to booty juice

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Man both of my mains got fucked with no lube. Cyborg and Black Adam. I deserve a top tier character for MKX.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
A lot of characters got buffs that affect how they play. Wow Grundy got a buff? Let me use that irrelevant extra grave rot damage

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lol wut? He's always had mb sonic pound. Any way his buffs were faster dash, mb added to his lc, a flying uppercut buff and his D2 was buffed in the pre Evo patch. Then they nerfed him in the last patch. Oh and they nerfed the otg sonic pound aka time to guess
asshole.
oops. I thought it was his Sonic pound that was buffed so it could have MB version.