What's new

Who are the most Overrated and Underrated Characters in MKX?

I main Sonya and you can call me an uppplayer if you want, but her B14 can't be armored through if spaced correctly. I've been testing it with friends offline and it's only interruptible when you're too close, B1 has good range, just throw it out from a slight jump distance and when you're fine. Also, exploiting her gaps is not the easiest thing in the world.
Both her OH and low option from MS are unsafe, but I see a lot of players in tourneys not punishing it because they may be scared of the mixups that they forget it's punishable. Too much for one's brain. lmao
Not to mention her tick throw meta. Way to much to look for.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
So there's a lot of uplaying and downplaying of characters on these forums. The title is self explanatory, so let's get to the meat and potatoes. I guarantee plenty of salt in this thread or your money back.

Most Overrated:

Scorpion: Tons of cries for normalization of this character. I admit I was one of them. But how threatening is his vortex to you or his minions? Do you realize his overhead combo starter is 25 frames? You can react to it. You can completely negate his vortex. His minions can be properly guarded against as well. I believe as time moves on, this character will drop from his supposed top tier status.

Most Underrated:

There's a lot of characters who I feel are underrated, but I'll choose just one.

Takeda: So much complaining of how weak this character is. Well maybe not so much with his recent buffs. But still, I see Takeda as a very strong, very scary character. And I think Shirai Ryu is overshadowing the potential of his other variations, especially Lasher. As time moves on, I see this character rising in the tiers and doing very well in a lot more tournaments.

-----------------

Do you agree or do you not disagree? What are your opinions on most overrated and underrated characters?
OP should have a survey. Two votes for each.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean as far as keeping you standing goes...
I think he was pointing out scorpion as a whole with two stun specials was a bit much
You pointed out that having 2 restand options doesn't mean anything and gave an example of a bottom tier character such as Stryker
I was thinking it was trivial to give that comparison considering scorpions other strong tools that Stryker did not have which could've pulled him out of bottom tier obviously

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think he was pointing out scorpion as a whole with two stun specials was a bit much
You pointed out that having 2 restand options doesn't mean anything and gave an example of a bottom tier character such as Stryker
I was thinking it was trivial to give that comparison considering scorpions other strong tools that Stryker did not have which could've pulled him out of bottom tier obviously
And amongst all of them, you point out the teleport cancels? Lol, they're gimmicky as shit. In any variation.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol how is Ermac overrated? He's hardly even used...his D1 is one of the best pokes in the entire game, his B1, 2 is great for set ups, throws, etc and has an actual overhead that's not utterly useless this time...Ermac is underrated if anything lol

Takeda is not weak but i do find it funny you used takeda in the same sentence as "safe"...lol
Teleport into njp is only viable on hit .. if you block teleport but still get hit by njp you are pressing buttons. ill try this set up a few times but after the first round , most get accustomed and then i get pretty much read 8/10 and im forced to stop.

a punish from this and i have to pretty much hold whatevers next ,
I'm referring to his teleport into NJP specifically(which even Tyler and Paulo, company even said was a good tactic prior to the game's release) online it's harder to counter, because it also pushes you back a bit. I agree he's not weak, but he's also safe on certain attacks and has insane range with the whips. Obviously I have to test out more people against him but for the people I use it's not that easy.

CamRac

Noob
[snip]
But like I said before, I think Lackey is the Oro of MKX, his worst matchups are some of the most played characters.
Well I've been meaning to do a pros and cons on F/T variations so I'll take this opprotunity now
[snip]
You guys are awesome - thanks for taking the time to answer. It's unfortunate, but I really don't think any variation of FT is "hidden" top tier. Honestly, I don't think any of the bigger characters are anywhere past mid tier in this game. 2 bar requirement for breaker, gigantic hurtboxes, and a game dominated by fast mobility? The game is essentially built to make them ineffective. All of them are too honest, I think.

Oh, and @CJKRattlehead, you might want to go ahead and post that in the FT forums. It'd be a shame for such a solid rundown of pros and cons to be lost in some rando opinion thread like this, haha.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Oh, and @CJKRattlehead, you might want to go ahead and post that in the FT forums. It'd be a shame for such a solid rundown of pros and cons to be lost in some rando opinion thread like this, haha.
Way ahead of you lol, posted it yesterday and updated it a little in the general discussion for F/T.