What's new

Which tourney player has been and deserves to be most on blast?

Which tourney player has been and deserves to be most on blast?

• Death - says superman is bottom3, barely viable, needs buffs

Votes: 51 44.0%
  • Pig - endless tears about Deathstroke being OP admits was wrong

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • Sabin - a tester, loses to random doomsday . E sports ahhh

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • FC champ - calls Mk community scrubs, loses to randoms in ranked and rages

Votes: 69 59.5%
  • Wonder chef - says doomsday is "not that good"

Votes: 19 16.4%

• Total voters

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I really don't like putting people on blast...

But...

I gotta vote FChamp here. You all know of how he called out the MK community weeks ago, I don't need to recount it. We have no right to judge if players have or don't have fundamentals because of whatever fighting games they may play. People often delude themselves by trying to play some specific fighters using whatever experience they may have gained from other fighters.

Well, I got a news-flash:

You can't play Mortal Kombat like you would Street Fighter, because it's not Street Fighter. It also goes the other way around. Fundamentals for both games can and will be different.

You can't play Dead or Alive like you would Tekken, because it's not Tekken. Again, goes the other way around, and again, fundamentals differ.

Even now, we can't play Injustice like we would Mortal Kombat, because it's not Mortal Kombat, and yet, I see and hear of a majority of MK players doing quite well. Granted, it can apply to Capcom players too, no-one should say otherwise.

Imagine comparing two different flavors of ice cream, such as chocolate and strawberry. They are both ice cream flavors, but are they the same? The answer to this should be easy to figure out, but I'll give it anyway: a big, flat-out NO.

Injustice and Mortal Kombat may both be fighting games, but like with ice cream, their "flavors," which in their case we can regard as "how we play them," are different. If you keep a one-sided view on everything you do or perceive, you're doomed to overlook some things...and you'll pay the price for it.

This, in my opinion, is what truly defines the potential of a fighting game player: adaptation. It's a constant art, one that you never stop doing. That's why tournaments regarding games that have been around for quite some time now maintain a good level of hype. Anyone who disagrees with this, I'll gladly point you to hype footage of MK9 tournaments that are taking place two years after its release.

/end rant

...and now I need a Dr. Pepper. WHEN'S MLG?! #BibleThump

P.S. It's awfully tempting to vote for Death as well because of how heavily he downplays shit, but it'd be hypocritical simply because I too have downplayed at times and I'm still not 100% sure of my opinions on some match-ups, which I change on occasions. So I'll let him off. He needs to be cut a break, anyway.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Well, I got a news-flash:

You can't play Mortal Kombat like you would Street Fighter, because it's not Street Fighter. It also goes the other way around. Fundamentals for both games can and will be different.

You can't play Dead or Alive like you would Tekken, because it's not Tekken. Again, goes the other way around, and again, fundamentals differ.

HOLD DAT

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I don't even know what happened to FChamp.

Can someone elaborate? Did he get bodied on his stream or something?

What happened to that whole thing?

zaf

professor
Care to elaborate for those who didn't? :)
Well to sum it up he was like, "i dont hate the mk community, anything i said was for hype. The mk community isn't hype enough and im trying to start shit on purpose"

he even said he does not care about devilmayspy impersonating him. he said any sort of press, good press or bad press is still press none the less.

That was basically it. And I do agree MK community is so quiet. Everyone just sits there. At least when i listen to streams its sooo quiet. East coast tournies are always sooo loud. Between kakarot, cdjr and jer they are fucking loud and they get shit going.

But thats how every week is when i go to my local arcade. Everyone is hype, over weeklies too.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
What did he do?
I just figured if Chef is on the list for saying Doomsday is not that good and Sabin is on the list for losing a match to a nobody then PL should be on the list for talking trash recently and telling ppl not to use Injustice as an excuse for losing in MK. Though he lost to Dizzy and claimed it was what..... oh yea monitor lag lol