What's new

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

• CD Jr.

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • DJT

Votes: 101 37.4%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • GGA Dizzy

Votes: 47 17.4%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • REO

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Theo

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Wound Cowboy

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 54 20.0%

• Total voters

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
So why aren't Bane players allowed to have good fundamentals?
I remember when people were freaking out about scorpion and we were sitting with a 5-5 because we were the only ones who actually had to learn how to play the game from the get-go.

I mean in a game of 6 and 8 frame lows, our fastest is in the double digits. Its easy to sit behind the "oh they have armor so they don't need to worry" but armor has so many countermeasures, and we can't get by on double punch alone. Only reason we even contend in the Batgirl MU is because we can use our longer reaching normals to control space. What is that?

We have to play with a slower deck and rely on nothing short of good spacing and frame abuse to get by sometimes. Not saying we have it easy, but man it hurts to see everyone just shove us to the side because armor is a thing. Feck that, play Honeybee or Zatanna or Superman and tell me Bane doesn't need fundamentals, because armor doesn't do enough in those MUs. :(
fak u bane

love, grundy

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I enjoy Rico Suave's fundamentals a lot. Watch him play other games...he's generally pretty pure. Watch his Thunder vs F Champ's Glacius, or his Abel in USF4...all use dashes, walkups, throws, baits and just general spacing and fundamentals well.

So why aren't Bane players allowed to have good fundamentals?
I remember when people were freaking out about scorpion and we were sitting with a 5-5 because we were the only ones who actually had to learn how to play the game from the get-go.

I mean in a game of 6 and 8 frame lows, our fastest is in the double digits. Its easy to sit behind the "oh they have armor so they don't need to worry" but armor has so many countermeasures, and we can't get by on double punch alone. Only reason we even contend in the Batgirl MU is because we can use our longer reaching normals to control space. What is that?

We have to play with a slower deck and rely on nothing short of good spacing and frame abuse to get by sometimes. Not saying we have it easy, but man it hurts to see everyone just shove us to the side because armor is a thing. Feck that, play Honeybee or Zatanna or Superman and tell me Bane doesn't need fundamentals, because armor doesn't do enough in those MUs. :(
This. Folks forget...some of us were playing him BEFORE he even had a dash let alone the rest. All we could use were fundamentals to get by. Hell I co mained vanilla Bane/Green Arrow. Struggle was real.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Reo would be an obvious pick for MK out of that list, but at the same time he didn't really get into Injustice. It would likely need to be a player that mastered both. .
You can have great fundamentals and never master a game. Fundamentals are built upon, the more solid your fundamentals, the easier it will be to improve and "master" the game. REO had great fundamentals in Injustice, I mean he consistently made top 8 including at EVO. He just didn't stick with it.

GhosT

Noob
Damn I aint on the list M2dave? You Fool!!! :p, I nominate me and DJT #YEEAAAPP. Other honorable mentions:
Dizzy
CD Jr
SonicFox
Pig of the Hut
16 Bit
Maxter
Ok this list going to get too long, y'all get what I mean.
Lol bruh you and djt hanging tough with all the KI guys at mlg off nothing but pure fundamentals and having a huge disadvantage only knowing half of the game due to lack of time investment. Yeah man anyone who plays yall knows what's up.

But like I said and you say it's a very long list and I think impossible to put a finger on one player

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The list of players is ridiculously long, but jr, rico, maxter, sr, slips, terry bros, come to mind first.

It still boggles my mind that ppl still hate on Chris G. Personality aside, umk3 was his first love if i remember correctly. He signs up for nrs games at tournaments, which is more supportive than what most of us do.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
It's a really funny question really.

So many amazing characters in NRS games throw fundamentals out the window, it's hard to tell if one player was fundamentally superior at times.

Lone

KHAOTIC
i went with reo. if versatile was still in the kummunity i would rate him a near second.. i would actually vote for M2Dave as well.
What ever happened to him, do you know? I think the only people around from those days are @Krayzie, @General M2Dave (who went by Igniz or something, iirc), @Konqrr, you, and I. Maybe the @CRKFIEND guy but I don't know if he's the same player.

It'd be interesting to see how that kid would stack up these days, I think of him as the Sonic Fox of that era.

Marvaz

come at me
DJT... its not even close. But there are a few others like 16bit,reo,cowboy etc who are tied for 2nd

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
@GGA Dizzy gets my vote, at his peak his Cage was exemplary to watch. D/MIT are also strong contenders, Cowboy too. Thinking about it there are several that deserve to be mentioned.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
REO
Theo
Dizzy
MITDJT (You guys put DJT on the list, but not MIT is being silly IMO, the reason why DJT is so good in first place is also because of MIT)
DJT (indeed)
Tom Brady
Bit
Peckapowa (He understands these stuffs like science)
Me (not trollin, no one cares anyway lol)
Wound
Jupiter

man I have been trying to find the link to that match as well. I checked the MLG archives and didn't find a thing. Also wasn't on youtube. I wonder if someone has a recording of it.
It's not online. Mlg Anaheim was my favorite tournament of mk9 and most mlg matches aren't archived anywhere.