What's new

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

Which player has the best fundamentals in the NRS community?

• CD Jr.

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • DJT

Votes: 101 37.4%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 31 11.5%
  • GGA Dizzy

Votes: 47 17.4%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • REO

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 21 7.8%
  • Theo

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • Wound Cowboy

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 54 20.0%

• Total voters

haketh

Noob
Perfect Legend. Reason why he is the only one of them who's successful at street fighter
That's because out of all these guys he's the only one who's really playing it & I wouldn't really say he's successful at it either. We got guys like Tyrant & Sajam doing well in KI, some guys crossing over well to anime, & guys like Chris G & Rico doing well for awhile in SF & stuff. For this subject I'd honestly say guys like Forever King, DJT, Theo, Ducky, Wound having the best fundamentals.

coolwhip

Noob
A) If Chris G counts, this isn't even a discussion.

B) By mid 2013 in MK9, Dizzy, DJT and Cowboy were on another level in terms of fundamentals.

C) In general, I'd say REO, DJT, Slips, DJT and Cowboy.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Juniors are pretty great. Alot of this comes down to how much of a wall you can be, everybody on the list is great at letting you hang yourself.

. . . also no @SonicFox5000 on the list isn't showing our champion enough of the credit he deserves. To be able to brazenly and blatantly disrespect the rules, the fundamentals, is to have an intimate knowledge of them, and THEN go, yeah whatever. He belongs on this list. Fundamentals aren't all about holding backwards and waiting to punish (with dash dash throw)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i went with reo. if versatile was still in the kummunity i would rate him a near second.. i would actually vote for M2Dave as well. i always admired the fundamentals of these 3 players over the years.

ofcourse we have great top players like piggy, Sonicfox, 16bit, CD, CDjr, mrmileena, runwaymafia etc but the question is fundamentals of the games we play. the 3 i feel are the best at that and reo being the best i have ever seen.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
I went with REO, Denzell, and Cowboy. But if Ducky was on this poll I would have had some serious thinking to do.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Which players come to your mind when the word "fundamentals" is mentioned? Given the amount of talent, three votes are permitted.

Vote and discuss.
A lot of the people with the best fundamentals aren't on this list (like Slips, Chris G and Maxter).

I know you can't get everyone -- but leaving Slips out is a borderline tragedy.

Dave, what does this say about your knowledge of fundamentals :p

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hard to say.

Injustice fundamentals and MK9 Fundamentals are so different to one another, I think it's a matter of who played both at the highest level and didn't prioritise one over the other.

Reo would be an obvious pick for MK out of that list, but at the same time he didn't really get into Injustice. It would likely need to be a player that mastered both.

That said, so many people will be good at MKX straight away, players from both games will have tons of good fundamentals going into it. It'll be interesting to see how different Injustice players and MK9 players will be from one another at launch.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So why aren't Bane players allowed to have good fundamentals?
I remember when people were freaking out about scorpion and we were sitting with a 5-5 because we were the only ones who actually had to learn how to play the game from the get-go.

I mean in a game of 6 and 8 frame lows, our fastest is in the double digits. Its easy to sit behind the "oh they have armor so they don't need to worry" but armor has so many countermeasures, and we can't get by on double punch alone. Only reason we even contend in the Batgirl MU is because we can use our longer reaching normals to control space. What is that?

We have to play with a slower deck and rely on nothing short of good spacing and frame abuse to get by sometimes. Not saying we have it easy, but man it hurts to see everyone just shove us to the side because armor is a thing. Feck that, play Honeybee or Zatanna or Superman and tell me Bane doesn't need fundamentals, because armor doesn't do enough in those MUs. :(

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
No one mentioning me? I am sad now :(. Y'all got DJT in y'all head and forget MIT is someone too....... #MIFREE haha
dunno why nobody is mentioning you.. forever in denzells shadow haha jk. whoever has played you im sure will vouch your overal fundamental game of everything is rediculously high. you and denzell excel at different things. you're both tied in spacing imo, denzell is better at being patient through zoning, you're better at rushdown, and both are similar in skill when it comes to poke checking and punishing pokes on reaction. you both kinda do it differently but both excellent at it and makes you really cautious and respectful which allows you both to get in when u need.

if anyone disagrees about mit being fundamentally sound i challenge you to play him and i guarantee you would think otherwise after it.

GhosT

Noob
If we talking about patience and footsies no doubt it's djt.

Fundamentals is a broad term and there are many players who have great fundamentals. Player x may be a footsie god and player y may be better at other areas.

This thread lol