What's new

Question - Shinnok Which of Shinnok' Variations are you most hyped for?

Which Variation is your fave?

• Total voters

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I chose Bone Shaper, but they all look like a lot of fun.

I'm unsure about that really slow unblockable skeleton hand from above special. It looks kind of bad, tbh. Too slow and easily avoidable by the look of it.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I chose Bone Shaper, but they all look like a lot of fun.

I'm skeptical of that really slow unblockable skeleton hand from above special. It looks kind of bad, tbh. Too slow and easily avoidable by the look of it.
Probably why it's unblockable....they had to give it something. it could be good for knock down pressure maybe

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I must say, generally I'm less than interested in playing any of the male characters, but there's something about Shinnok that I like. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Maleficent or something, I don't really know.

Regardless, his Necromancer variation looks boss. I'm beyond in love with that little "flick" the bone hand does lol, it's fantastic.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I must say, generally I'm less than interested in playing any of the male characters, but there's something about Shinnok that I like. Maybe it's because he reminds me of Maleficent or something, I don't really know.

Regardless, his Necromancer variation looks boss. I'm beyond in love with that little "flick" the bone hand does lol, it's fantastic.
What are you some sort of misandrist or something? :DOGE

Arzumis

Noob
The skeleton hands really turned me off his necromancer variation. His imposter variation looks promising and i feel like they didn't show bone shaper enough.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Those that are picking Bone Shaper over the other two, what is that makes you excited for this variation?

I thought it was incredibly underwhelming, especially in comparison to the other variations, so I'm curious as to what others are seeing in it.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
Necromancer. Shinnok IS giant bone hands, as far as I'm concerned. Boneshaper is neat but I guess I expected a little more, and I loooooove the possibilities of Impostor, but GIANT BONE HANDS, GUYS

Malec

Noob
Those that are picking Bone Shaper over the other two, what is that makes you excited for this variation?

I thought it was incredibly underwhelming, especially in comparison to the other variations, so I'm curious as to what others are seeing in it.
-he gets improved normal strings with good range
-an actual projectile with his amulet
-that unblockable fullscreen ground pound (yeah its kinda slow, but it will be usefull anyway in wakeup/oki situations)
-low scoop like aquaman, which is realy good i think

yeah maybe bone shaper isnt as flashy as necromancer or tricky as imposter, but I think its the most "solid" one

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Kind of upset he only has a projectile in the most underwelming variation .-. the flick would be kenshi's push and the unblockable skeleton hand from above would be a sinestro boulder if only he had a projectile. So much for real zoning i suppose

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
-he gets improved normal strings with good range
-an actual projectile with his amulet
-that unblockable fullscreen ground pound (yeah its kinda slow, but it will be usefull anyway in wakeup/oki situations)
-low scoop like aquaman, which is realy good i think

yeah maybe bone shaper isnt as flashy as necromancer or tricky as imposter, but I think its the most "solid" one
-What I don't like is the string pulls the opponent literally directly in front of him and there doesn't look to be frame advantage from it either. Very counter productive.
-Projectile seems slow. But at least has a strong hit stun.
-Ground Pound is situational but it'll have a little use.
-Low Scoop looked really good.

Decent points though. I'll rewatch to be sure.

Kind of upset he only has a projectile in the most underwelming variation .-. the flick would be kenshi's push and the unblockable skeleton hand from above would be a sinestro boulder if only he had a projectile. So much for real zoning i suppose
He has the 3 skull projectile universal. It'll help with his Necro variation tools.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Which ever one makes me more likely to hit the opponent with an Xray!

Starting with Necromancer, but I like all three.

Malec

Noob
-What I don't like is the string pulls the opponent literally directly in front of him and there doesn't look to be frame advantage from it either. Very counter productive.
-Projectile seems slow. But at least has a strong hit stun.
-Ground Pound is situational but it'll have a little use.
-Low Scoop looked really good.

Decent points though. I'll rewatch to be sure.
whats wrong with leaving your opponent in front of Shinnok? you may have a different picture of Shinnok than I do. Even if he looks like a sorcerer/wizard like Shang Tsung, I dont realy think he will be played like one, he dosent have the heavy zoning tools (maybe he dose in necromancer). Shinnoks movement looks realy fast compared to most other characters I have seen so far. cant say much about his strings/frames etc, but I think Shinnok will be played more upclose. having armor on that shoulder rush move (tool to get in) kinda hints that to me at least.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
whats wrong with leaving your opponent in front of Shinnok? you may have a different picture of Shinnok than I do. Even if he looks like a sorcerer/wizard like Shang Tsung, I dont realy think he will be played like one, he dosent have the heavy zoning tools (maybe he dose in necromancer). Shinnoks movement looks realy fast compared to most other characters I have seen so far. cant say much about his strings/frames etc, but I think Shinnok will be played more upclose. having armor on that shoulder rush move (tool to get in) kinda hints that to me at least.
Tough to say. Necromancer screams zoning but Bone seems very physical. Curious why they chose Bone to give the projectile too. Those two variations seem like night and day playstyles.

I guess I can see why you'd like it for a footsies style of play. I agree he is very fast and his dash and backdash are real. It's just that the Bone string they showed, the hit stun looked so weak. I mean we just saw Erron Black throw sand for a huge face to face frame advantage and Liu Kang bicycle kick lead to standing resets. Then Shinnok comes out with Bone strings that pull a guy closer with barely any noticable advantage? I dunno. Possibly there's other strings or the stun is hidden so we can only wait and see.

The shoulder Rush. Funny how we see two different moves. You see a strong rush that can break through zoning and kick start his footsie game, and can be a good mix with his projectile. I see a great move to create space when zoning people that get too close and an amazing armor wake up move to knockdown and set up zoning traps lol. We're both right.

Malec

Noob
Tough to say. Necromancer screams zoning but Bone seems very physical. Curious why they chose Bone to give the projectile too. Those two variations seem like night and day playstyles.

I guess I can see why you'd like it for a footsies style of play. I agree he is very fast and his dash and backdash are real. It's just that the Bone string they showed, the hit stun looked so weak. I mean we just saw Erron Black throw sand for a huge face to face frame advantage and Liu Kang bicycle kick lead to standing resets. Then Shinnok comes out with Bone strings that pull a guy closer with barely any noticable advantage? I dunno. Possibly there's other strings or the stun is hidden so we can only wait and see.

The shoulder Rush. Funny how we see two different moves. You see a strong rush that can break through zoning and kick start his footsie game, and can be a good mix with his projectile. I see a great move to create space when zoning people that get too close and an amazing armor wake up move to knockdown and set up zoning traps lol. We're both right.
well everyone likes a different playstyle and I think they did a great job with Shinnok, giving him different approaches to play. I for myself was never a fan of zoning, because there is alway a way around zoning (teleports, armor moves, getting outzoned by someone with stronger zoning tools to name a few). I like upclose/midrange footsies and solid mixups.

Imo you cant compare this string to a bicycle kick or that sand throw, they are both special moves, while that string was...well just a string, and its hard to tell how much advantage it leaves you at, just by watching, I for myself think it looks good enough.

Watching Bone Shaper over and over again, I am getting more and more hyped for it (fuck Erron Black lol). The first hit of the string (that up sickle) looks like an amazing anti air. If Shinnok has an good overhead to mix it up with that low scoop, I am golden ^^

Last edited:

SLy

Noob
impostor ..... imo Shinnok is being underestimated, because there was a poor gameplay demonstration what they did in kombat kast .... once the game come out, people surely will find dirty tricky stuff in lab with this character, hehe :p
Facts!

Im surprised there arent enough Bone shaper being called out with the shit we've seen thus far lol. Necromancers too.. I also think the way it was presented mightve shaped peoples opinions on certain variations. But we'll see in 2 weeks.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I'm surprised by the lack of Bone Shapers here, I thought that scythe thingy looked super awesome. Heavily reminded me of Dante's Inferno.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Viva Necromancer

one of my fav songs of all time AND its so fitting with Shinnok (necro-mancer)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Super excited for this character... Necromancer due to MKA ties, but they all look great.