• Xbox One

• PS4

• Xbox 360

• PS3

• PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Plenty of multiplats and general shitty titles. I wouldn't call those games.
Nothing wrong with multi-plats, and "shitty titles" is purely a matter of opinion. I prefer multi-plats on PS4 as opposed to X1 because the hardware (and install base) is better. Doesn't mean X1 one is a bad system, but it's clearly not the top dog in this gen.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@DarKNaTaS

just giving you a heads up, several sources including NRS has confirmed that 360/PS3 will not be made for MKX.
High Voltage Software was put up to the task of making these versions for NRS, but they said they cannot complete it in time.

wb forum directer also stated that there will sadly be no last gen versions made.

Posted by Meethook, a lead moderator on WBgames/forums

"After months of development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has come to the regrettable conclusion that we cannot release Mortal Kombat X for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Please know our teams worked diligently to meet the quality standards set by the current-gen versions of the game. We were not able to get the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions to the quality expected of a Mortal Kombat game and are very sorry for not being able to deliver the products as originally planned.

If you pre-ordered Mortal Kombat X for PS3 or Xbox 360, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the game and you will receive a full refund.
I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title."

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Is the PC version playable offline? Are there any current issues with it that people would consider it unplayable competitively? I've had MKX on PS4 for a couple of months and was thinking about getting it on my laptop for travel, but it won't be worth it if it's not up to date and worthy of practicing with other players offline.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Is the PC version playable offline? Are there any current issues with it that people would consider it unplayable competitively? I've had MKX on PS4 for a couple of months and was thinking about getting it on my laptop for travel, but it won't be worth it if it's not up to date and worthy of practicing with other players offline.
It should be fine. The patches are up to date, and performance will depend on your laptop (make sure it will run at 60 frames if you want to train in a real environment.)

It's also less than $10 on a lot of online stores, so it's not a huge loss if it doesn't work out.

its worth a shot. i dont use a laptop and its uptodate

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
A reminder that most of the complaints about ports of NRS games being shitty come from laptop users. Not that their problems could never be solved, but still.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
What kind of complaints do they report? I just got it premium for 8.99 (that's ridiculously cheap) and messed around in training for a bit. It felt fine after lowering the quality a bit (I could execute the same as I do on PS4). I'm wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for though.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
What kind of complaints do they report? I just got it premium for 8.99 (that's ridiculously cheap) and messed around in training for a bit. It felt fine after lowering the quality a bit (I could execute the same as I do on PS4). I'm wondering if there's anything I should be looking out for though.
In your Steam settings activate the FPS counter so you can see it while playing the game. Go to different stages and practice combos and stuff and keep your eye on the FPS counter. If it stays at solid 60 all the way through then you're good to go.

Sky Temple is the most demanding stage so if it runs well on that stage then it's all good.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Since the NXOE (new dashboard update), there no longer seems to be an issue with DLC licensing/install. So with that gone... go with what your friends play on.

Honestly, they're basically equal now with the exception that you'll never have to desync a controller on Xbox One. But that's a negligible difference, so choose the console that will give you the best social reward or tournament prep.

Edit: Derp. The NXOE is an update to Xbox One. That is the one that had the DLC issues.

Ex1l3d

Noob
Hi I'm a dejected PC player. I pretty much stopped playing mkx once I realised my version of the game had no future.

Two months down the line I've checked up on some of the esports scene and realised how much I miss this game. I've seriously been considering buying a Ps4 or Xbox One in order to play MKX.

But if I'm going to do it I want to pick the one that has the largest playerbase. I live in EU, but I'm interested what all of you play on... Xbox or Ps4?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I have both but do ps4. Smoother, it doesn't log you into different servers all the time like Xbox does and it's easier to find ranked games.
Also ESL Season 3 is on ps4 :)

Downside is region lock.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Xbox One.
No real reason other than it's my choice of console and even with the spare cash this month I have no intention of buying a PS4.
Their exclusives do not appeal to me enough is all.