What's new

Question Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

• Total voters

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Good choice. I forgot about Lex Luthor.

After any blocked low gunshots, Deathstroke is checked by a pillar anywhere on the screen, which should not be like that.
Good, making MMH hold block and respect you from distance to be able to check (not punish) you sounds alright to me.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Wow all this bitching for one bad match up?
Imagine playing a character that has 15 of those and a couple of unwinnable.

But real question: Does Zod's MB B3 actually hit MMH?

BlastX21

Noob
Dave, what kind of nerf do you want on OH Teleport? The only nerfs I could imagine being viable are more startup frames and/or more damage scaling. However, both of these nerfs have issues. If Teleport takes more frames to initiate, you run the risk of top players being able to consistently MB B3 it on reaction, effectively making the move worthless. If you increase the damage scaling, you're not really solving the problem of him being able to bypass zoning for free with virtually no chance of punishment.

Why is nobody complaining?
Dude, everyone complains about Martian Manhunter. This world you live in where we're all sunshine and rainbows about him is entirely of your own creation. My own character probably loses to him even worse than yours (plus a couple more) and I bitch about it all the time, but I don't make threads to get him "normalized" or harass NRS because its going to fall on deaf ears. Its a waste of energy.
This is the game we play. NRS made the bed so either lie in it or move on.

Decay

King of the Bill
Eh, I have bad matchups using lobo, Zod being one of them but I'll still give it a go. I feel accomplished when I get a win on a difficult MU. If you're playing just to win every single game then you should just counter pick every character lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Dave, what kind of nerf do you want on OH Teleport? The only nerfs I could imagine being viable are more startup frames and/or more damage scaling. However, both of these nerfs have issues. If Teleport takes more frames to initiate, you run the risk of top players being able to consistently MB B3 it on reaction, effectively making the move worthless. If you increase the damage scaling, you're not really solving the problem of him being able to bypass zoning for free with virtually no chance of punishment.
Please do not lecture me on "nerfs with issues". Deathstroke's low gunshots have 11 more recovery frames, do 50% less chip damage, and build 33% less meter. I have no sympathy for anybody.

In my opinion, Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport should be an MB special move and the trait should have at least ten seconds of cool down. If not, Zod's trait should have eight seconds of cool down or b+2 should be an overhead.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Please do not lecture me on "nerfs with issues". Deathstroke's low gunshots have 11 more recovery frames, do 50% less chip damage, and build 33% less meter. I have no sympathy for anybody.

In my opinion, Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport should be an MB special move and the trait should have at least ten seconds of cool down. If not, Zod's trait should have eight seconds of cool down or b+2 should be an overhead.
Do you have sympathy for Joker being nerfed?

Like I said: deaf ears.....but for the sake of discussion:

Tweaking the splash damage would probably work and keep it viable because you could forward/backdash it more easily, but get caught by a regular teleport if you guess wrong. That or adjust how far back he gets pushed afterward. You could argue for making the Overhead teleport the MB version of his regular teleport probably.....but that's a pretty significant change.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Martian Manhunter beats Cyborg 9:1, according to Jupiter. This stupid community is fine with 9:1 match ups but not with pre-patch low gunshots.

Fools.

Why is nobody complaining?
MMH has WON what? One significant tournament, that he was put into losers by s scrub catwoman, anyone is beatable, MMH ares is 10-0 yet I like my odds against jupter reo and whoeverthefuck. Grow some of these balls. If you think your a better player then Jupiter by what counterpicking him?? Like hes not skilled, bastard would mop us all up with his sups if mmh was ever nerfed into the ground. Zod players should play zod. I heard hes pretty good, better than most of us, yet we can place :DOGE

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
No.

Your character has already received half a dozen buffs.

Besides, The Flash has no losing 7:3 match ups. Zod does.
so what? if zod has 8 second trait recover he would body even more characters, you forget flash was top 3 most nerfed from the beta, then received buffs he needed, as well as he got nerfed last patch. zod didn't need any buffs and look now hes a top 3 character.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Like hes not skilled, bastard would mop us all up with his sups if mmh was ever nerfed into the ground.
He would probably mop you up but not me. I did fight Jupiter's Superman and I did extremely well.

Jupiter is a very good player, but I am not losing to the player. I am losing to Martian Manhunter.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Owner
Administrator
Premium Supporter
He would probably mop you up but not me. I did fight Jupiter's Superman and I did extremely well.

Jupiter is a very good player, but I am not losing to the player. I am losing to Martian Manhunter.
I actually go even with his sups, kdz said its a 5-5 Kappa. His martain I can get wins off of with ARES, FAR MORE UNWINNABLE, in tournament, you bet im in that ass. So why are you whining?

TKB

Noob
By your logic, Zod should also be normalized because he is also a "beta character". You can't be serious about this stuff, Zod loses to martian... So what? Everyone else deals with the same stuff with their own respective characters. How many of the cast lose to zod? Lots.