What's new

Which character/s do you HATE facing the most or have trouble with?

Which character is the MOST annoying to deal with in MK9?

• Total voters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
And so what Shang can do better than that? Shang has an obvious weakness - he gets bullied easily up close. What's Kitana's weakness?
She gets bullied up close. By that I mean she can't do much but d1/pressure strings with the cutter, her launchers are slow by themselves. I know her pressure is great by itself, but Shang's launchers will beat both Kitana's f2 and f4 starters (as far as I know)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
She gets bullied up close. By that I mean she can't do much but d1/pressure strings with the cutter, her launchers are slow by themselves. I know her pressure is great by itself, but Shang's launchers will beat both Kitana's f2 and f4 starters (as far as I know)
Excuse me but Kitana does not get bullied up close. Oh my gosh. Please don't say that she ONLY has d1. D1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1 wink, wink, winkety, wink, wink.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
I too don't get this Kitana 45% (48%) meterless midscreen being half unbreakable.

f2,1 - NJP, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter

The bold highlights at least 7 chances to break it. Whats the problem?
Only thing I can see is once you get lifted, Kitana can proceed with fan~EX fan up to 3 times, which costs meter.
If you don't have breaker by that time, why shouldn't I as a Kitana player be able to do this?

Btw, this isn't intent on disrespecting anybody as a player, it's just clarification of sorts because alot of people complain about these 'unbreakable' combos.
When in reality, the 3 BARS for 30% aafan unbreakable is the only purely unbreakable one.
Unless we're talking about Konqrr's 58% XRAY unbreakable in the corner, but that is purely situational and severely unpractical.
It'll never happen in a match.

leek

Noob
Scorpion.

For whatever reason, whenever I play a scorpion, scrubby or not, I get really, really fucking pissed off.

I usually turn off my system and take a moment if I lose. :bombs:

I'm a sub zero player and the characters that give me the most trouble are:

1) Kung Lao
2) Kabal
3) Kitana
4) Reptile
5) Mileena
6) Smoke
7) Sindel
8) Ermac

All other matchups outside of DLC, I feel are in sub-zero's favor or even

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Depends on the character I am.

If I am Cyber Sub-Zero:
Mileena, Ermac

If I am Cyrax:
Raiden

If I am Reptile:
Sektor
Kabal

I hate fighting Cyrax with his chump ass resets that are so god like. For some reason I can't jump over the net when I completely see it coming it makes no sense and even when you get close......teleport I try to punish and caught in a 5 minute net.

I hate Sub Zero because he hides behind those ice clones and he gets free jump ins all day. Not to mention 22 what am I gunna do? you duck overhead kick freeze.

Johnny fkin Cage I don't know when this guy isn't plus 3934543 on block I try to poke and eat another 22% I try to jump get hit out the air and eat another 24% and I'm carried to the corner and once your in there its pretty much over

Those are the most annoying things online in my opinion Lao and Raiden are pretty easy to beat now

King

Sig Maker
Kitana gets bullied up close?! Damn, if that's the case, what do Shang Tsung and Noob do up close? Get completely butt-raped?

I too don't get this Kitana 45% (48%) meterless midscreen being half unbreakable.

f2,1 - NJP, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter

The bold highlights at least 7 chances to break it. Whats the problem?
Out of 12 commands, 5 are unbreakable -that's roughly half. Even if it was completely breakable, it still does way too much damage considering she's got so many tools and opportunities to get damage.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I hate fighting Kung lao, Liu Kang, Cyrax, Sub-Zero (only if they do nothing but sit behind ice clones 24/7), Scorpion and Johnny Cage.

Liu Kang, JC, and maybe a little of Sub-Zero I have a problem with for the most part because I don't know a good matchup or strategy for them

Liu Kang: because of his fast normals and crazy mix-up to go with it AND he has insane projectiles. Hate it.

JC: because he is so fast he can punish practically anything with a combo and I hate getting stuck in frame traps (I don't mid his as much as I do Kung Laos)

SZ Ice clones: Because if done correctly there is almost no way to get to him and if you do you can't stay in for long because Ice clone can be done right in front of you. And trades with SZ are no fun because he gets approx. 25% off of a projectile and you get 9% max.

I think the other fighters speak for themselves

And like always any tips on my troubles are always very appreciated.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Excuse me but Kitana does not get bullied up close. Oh my gosh. Please don't say that she ONLY has d1. D1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1 wink, wink, winkety, wink, wink.
d1 with a safe jump afterwards? yeah. If you're getting hit with many d1's in a row, you're doing something wrong. Kitana has no standing lows (unless you count sweep), that's why she NEEDS d1.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Out of 12 commands, 5 are unbreakable -that's roughly half. Even if it was completely breakable, it still does way too much damage considering she's got so many tools and opportunities to get damage.
That would be the case if it were 5 unbreakables in a row. There is only one instance in there where you have 2 fans in a row. You can break on the next attack (provided she's using a meterless combo). Considering the fact that her launchers get beaten most of the time, you shouldn't be complaining that she can get damage when they do hit. If her damage were nerfed (which it really shouldn't be), all people would do is complain about another high combo damage char.

Kitana gets bullied up close?! Damn, if that's the case, what do Shang Tsung and Noob do up close? Get completely butt-raped?
If you want to ignore the fact that Noob rapes Kitana's zoning, the fact that Shang's projectile/skull trades will nullify Kitana's zoning, and the fact that a Shang launcher attempt will beat a Kitana launcher attempt, sure. But why are we even talking about Shang? Can we nerf Johnny Cage because he beats someone else?

RamenO

It Stinks!
I'm surprised I don't see more Smoke rage in this thread. Smoke is the definition of mad for me. Literally. I'm steaming when I play that asshole of a character.

"Tag you're it! Hehe, come chase me guys!" *Smoke Away, Smoke Away, Smoke Away*

"No, you can't throw projectiles at me silly! :D" *Shake* This is of course including EN Shake which can be used to as a counter to physical attacks as well. Imagine if Night Wolf's reflect caused you to punch yourself in the face. Retarded.

"Don't whiff strings. Hell, let me just throw this out there for the sake of it!" *Teleport Punch*

It's like they couldn't decide what to give Smoke, so they just gave him everything; Air throw included. He has every tool necessary in this game. What really bugs me is that his Smoke Bomb projectile does damage if you get caught by it, and it's one of the projectiles that leads to further damage. It's like the logic of character design just trailed off. No damage for Cyrax Net(thank god) and Ice Ball for Sub, but Smoke gets it anyway.

I'll take Mileena D4, Raiden Teleport spam, and Kung Lao pressure/spin anyday over Smoke.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
MILEENA. I absolutely hate facing her. Shes to crazy and all over the place its very hard to keep her down. The hardest thing for me to punish is that EX dive kick into sai my fingers just won't do what there suppose to do. Id rather fight Raiden 10 times in a row then fight Mileena lol. But not kung lao id maybe rather fight him 5 times in a row haha.

redeyes

Button Masher
MILEENA. I absolutely hate facing her. Shes to crazy and all over the place its very hard to keep her down. The hardest thing for me to punish is that EX dive kick into sai my fingers just won't do what there suppose to do. Id rather fight Raiden 10 times in a row then fight Mileena lol. But not kung lao id maybe rather fight him 5 times in a row haha.

<3 <3 <3

I have to say its good mileena players who know how to use her pokes and spacing and like someone else says its hard to set her up with anything because shes really mobile. I would also have to say Kabal, eventhough i get perpetually raped by him hes really fun to face for some reason its almost sadist, he has so many tools and the damn near block infinite is hard to get out of for me.

King

Sig Maker
That would be the case if it were 5 unbreakables in a row. There is only one instance in there where you have 2 fans in a row. You can break on the next attack (provided she's using a meterless combo).
OK, you have a point.

Considering the fact that her launchers get beaten most of the time, you shouldn't be complaining that she can get damage when they do hit.
I'm not complaining she's getting damage; I'm complaining that its too much damage for a meterless combo and for a character with many tools and ways to get damage. And so what her launchers get beaten most of the time? You want safe and high-priority launchers? Any good Kitana player will use that F2,1 combo as a punish combo like you said so they won't get beaten by anything. When she's pressured, she can just D1 into cutter and turn the tables.

If her damage were nerfed (which it really shouldn't be), all people would do is complain about another high combo damage char.
Actually, no one (assuming people here are knowledgeable about the game and aren't talking out of frustration or out of their ass) would bitch about other high damage characters because those characters would either need to use meter to get that kind of damage or have severe flaws where they need high damage to even them out. For example, Sheeva does extremely high damage but has slow speed and other factors weighing her down. No other character in the game can get 30% combos off of an AA projectile, has 45% meterless combos, even higher damage corner combos, reliable wake up, safe up close pressure, a 6 frame low, and good zoning.

If you want to ignore the fact that Noob rapes Kitana's zoning, the fact that Shang's projectile/skull trades will nullify Kitana's zoning, and the fact that a Shang launcher attempt will beat a Kitana launcher attempt, sure. But why are we even talking about Shang? Can we nerf Johnny Cage because he beats someone else?
If by rapes, you mean "slightly better than" then sure. I'm not sure about Shang (for now) so I'll stay quiet about that. And no, don't nerf Cage because he's only dangerous up close. Kitana is dangerous from fullscreen, midscreen, in the air, and up close.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
d1 with a safe jump afterwards? yeah. If you're getting hit with many d1's in a row, you're doing something wrong. Kitana has no standing lows (unless you count sweep), that's why she NEEDS d1.
I don't think you get it. Her d1 pokes me out of my offense and through my clone. It's not a case of not knowing the matchup, it's a case of her d1 consistently stuffing everything and even when I know she's going to do d1 and I do a crossup to hit her with a jip, it whiffs and she can just d1 me again. Sure, block the d1 and then what? The best I can really do with Sub is d4 back... Sure, you can get in sometimes, but it's a lot harder for me than it is for Kitana.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I actually hate facing jade's. Jade players are usually really good and I don't have a good amount of match up experience with her. As a result I usually end up making the wrong decisions and paying for it. Most other characters I have played enough to know what they will do besides sheeva and baraka.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm surprised I don't see more Smoke rage in this thread. Smoke is the definition of mad for me. Literally. I'm steaming when I play that asshole of a character.

"Tag you're it! Hehe, come chase me guys!" *Smoke Away, Smoke Away, Smoke Away*

"No, you can't throw projectiles at me silly! :D" *Shake* This is of course including EN Shake which can be used to as a counter to physical attacks as well. Imagine if Night Wolf's reflect caused you to punch yourself in the face. Retarded.

"Don't whiff strings. Hell, let me just throw this out there for the sake of it!" *Teleport Punch*

It's like they couldn't decide what to give Smoke, so they just gave him everything; Air throw included. He has every tool necessary in this game. What really bugs me is that his Smoke Bomb projectile does damage if you get caught by it, and it's one of the projectiles that leads to further damage. It's like the logic of character design just trailed off. No damage for Cyrax Net(thank god) and Ice Ball for Sub, but Smoke gets it anyway.

I'll take Mileena D4, Raiden Teleport spam, and Kung Lao pressure/spin anyday over Smoke.
lol, I've been pissing people off lately with Smoke :p And I've found as crazy as it may sound he's a great weapon against King Lao...lol or at least I've done better against them with him then other characters. And Raiden too for obvious reasons.

But yeah, I can't stand Mileena's D+4 =broken....I have no issues with the move hitting me low, it's the point of it but the FACT that you CAN'T counter it with a JK, jump in...such bs imo. The hitbox on that needs patching seriously, anyone else ducks and pokes they get hit with a crossover jump in but not her lol

JrK

Probably Drunk
I actually hate facing jade's. Jade players are usually really good and I don't have a good amount of match up experience with her. As a result I usually end up making the wrong decisions and paying for it. Most other characters I have played enough to know what they will do besides sheeva and baraka.
I agree. I don't find many bad jades. Usually when I fight a good jade they're good enough to beat me blindfolded regardless of fighter.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Raiden for me, that frikin teleport is BS online. I use Scorpion and I've been getting better and countering it, but damn it's annoying.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
OK, you have a point.

I'm not complaining she's getting damage; I'm complaining that its too much damage for a meterless combo and for a character with many tools and ways to get damage. And so what her launchers get beaten most of the time? You want safe and high-priority launchers? Any good Kitana player will use that F2,1 combo as a punish combo like you said so they won't get beaten by anything. When she's pressured, she can just D1 into cutter and turn the tables.

Actually, no one (assuming people here are knowledgeable about the game and aren't talking out of frustration or out of their ass) would bitch about other high damage characters because those characters would either need to use meter to get that kind of damage or have severe flaws where they need high damage to even them out. For example, Sheeva does extremely high damage but has slow speed and other factors weighing her down. No other character in the game can get 30% combos off of an AA projectile, has 45% meterless combos, even higher damage corner combos, reliable wake up, safe up close pressure, a 6 frame low, and good zoning.
Well Kit is quite unique in that she can combo from a projectile but once you stay grounded it takes away a lot of kits options. Her f21 is a slow starter and can be poked out with a d1 or d3 on block. She struggles with being crossed up and has a pretty terrible anti air game once in close. Her uppercut is useless, as is lift up close so she must keep distance until she pressures herself.

Many characters have 40%+ meterless combos and no-one seems to complain about them. Even Sonya has a 48% mid screen, though I'm yet to see anyone use Sonya well, let alone do that. Her wake up options are all pretty weak as ex pretty kicks and cutter hit high so can be easily ducked, though square wave is good for getting out of corners. Don't get me wrong I understand the frustation of playing her, though many players fall under that category.

One thing that currently annoys me is using d3/d4 for anti air etc. I don't think it should lower your hitbox at all personally and find whiffing jump in punches as a result very frustrating, though with kit I can jump kick~fan etc. for 30% plus.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)