What's new

Which character/s do you HATE facing the most or have trouble with?

Which character is the MOST annoying to deal with in MK9?

• Total voters

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Hmm okay here's mine...

Raiden. Not so much because he's easy to play, but because people who play him seem to be completely void of any imagination. I rarely do fatalities but simply MUST fatality a Raiden player. Fewer things in this game give me more satisfaction.

Reptile. As a Kitana player I feel like there is little point in getting in close so I'm almost forced to zone, which I hate doing.

Noob. I have to work pretty hard for a win and am slowly wearing my pad out, dash blocking my way in. I rarely see a good Noob player and again, they generally lack any kind of imagination.

Kung lao. Just because I can often lose to KL players who simply haven't put the time in to learn their character. Losing to someone who uses spin, uppercut for example makes me rage lol.

:)

King

Sig Maker
I can think of 4 in particular:

Kung Lao: EZ Mode zoning, EZ Mode Anti-Zoning, EZ Mode Meterbuilding, EZ Mode combos, EZ Mode punishes. So, in short, EZ Mode. Again, why does a character who has arguably the best meter building in the game, some of the best defense, and some of the best pressure in the game have good zoning capabilities AND ways around zoning?

Kitana: Why does a character who can get 30% combos of off an AA fan or an air to air attack comboed into fan, has really good zoning and air control, has METERLESS HALF UNBREAKABLE 45% MIDSCREEN combos, also have such good up close pressure? F2,1 is safe? REALLY?! D1 is 6 frames?! WTF?! D1 into Cutter can be abused for chip/meter and is safe?! WHAT IN THE FUCKIN BALLSHITS?!

Mileena: D4 D4 D4 and more D4. Her stupid teleport move is often awkward to punish and has weird wake-up properties.

Cyrax: Easily the most frustrating character in the game. What's that? I just hit you with a net? YAY! Now I teleport in like an asshole for my 55-80% UNTECHABLE reset combos...while building meter! Hey, I have enough meter to take out your entire bar with one shot and still have enough left over for a breaker! Look at your little sucker ass: you can't use your meter because you always have to store a breaker for my bullshit shenanigans! Let's not forget that your combos don't do anywhere near as much damage as mine!

Mr. Rager

Mr. IhaveacrushonBi-Han

Kung Lao: EZ Mode zoning, EZ Mode Anti-Zoning, EZ Mode Meterbuilding, EZ Mode combos, EZ Mode punishes. So, in short, EZ Mode. Again, why does a character who has arguably the best meter building in the game, some of the best defense, and some of the best pressure in the game have good zoning capabilities AND ways around zoning?

Kitana: Why does a character who can get 30% combos of off an AA fan or an air to air attack comboed into fan, has really good zoning and air control, has METERLESS HALF UNBREAKABLE 45% MIDSCREEN combos, also have such good up close pressure? F2,1 is safe? REALLY?! D1 is 6 frames?! WTF?! D1 into Cutter can be abused for chip/meter and is safe?! WHAT IN THE FUCKIN BALLSHITS?!

Mileena: D4 D4 D4 and more D4. Her stupid teleport move is often awkward to punish and has weird wake-up properties.

Cyrax: Easily the most frustrating character in the game. What's that? I just hit you with a net? YAY! Now I teleport in like an asshole for my 55-80% UNTECHABLE reset combos...while building meter! Hey, I have enough meter to take out your entire bar with one shot and still have enough left over for a breaker! Look at your little sucker ass: you can't use your meter because you always have to store a breaker for my bullshit shenanigans! Let's not forget that your combos don't do anywhere near as much damage as mine!
dude just... thank you. my point just explained perfectly.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
Overall, I have to say Mileena because just about anyone can pick her up and be effectively annoying (doesn't mean they'll be good), while scrubby Kung Lao's barely raise my salt meter.

BUT - A GOOD Kung Lao beats EVERYONE when it comes to annoyance and it's not even close to me.

So I vote KL.

EDIT- Honorable mention Noob f'n Saibot. Good ones, horrible ones, doesn't matter. Ridiculously annoying matches every time.

Talyn

The Mad_Hattr

That pretty much it, right there. Well said.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
This of course varies on my character choice at the time, but aside from the obvious high level Kung Lao player I always seem to have the damnedest time with Raiden. Something about him just throws me off.

Eventhough I play Mileena, I am absolutely terrible at Mileena mirrors.

That said, I went with Kenshi... because most KL players are scrubs who do punishable spins... But Kenshi should have just been called "standblock"

He's not even fun to fight against. It's funny when a Kenshi player just stands at range and blocks... then just sits there... then leaves when you don't try to get close to him.

People who complain about mileena's D4 can just stop it... oh no... she got 3% on you and she has a way to get out of pressure. Teleport is awkward to punish only if she does an air sai right after it. I love how people always say "omg d4, d4, d4, d4...." like Mileena is somehow beating them by hitting them with d4 34 times in one round.

Eventhough I play Mileena, I am absolutely terrible at Mileena mirrors.

That said, I went with Kenshi... because most KL players are scrubs who do punishable spins... But Kenshi should have just been called "standblock"

He's not even fun to fight against. It's funny when a Kenshi player just stands at range and blocks... then just sits there... then leaves when you don't try to get close to him.

People who complain about mileena's D4 can just stop it... oh no... she got 3% on you and she has a way to get out of pressure. Teleport is awkward to punish only if she does an air sai right after it. I love how people always say "omg d4, d4, d4, d4...." like Mileena is somehow beating them by hitting them with d4 34 times in one round.
Maybe because d+4 makes her hitbox so small, that even a jump kick can whiff.
Its not d+4 that annoys its the hitbox that is fucked up on her when she does the move.
d+4 should be timed well not spammable. Oh someone jumps ->> d+4, d+4, d+4 not oh some one jumps ->> wait, wait, now d+4
The move is abusable so that why everyone says omg. it requires no timing skill, no execution skill.

For a game to be competitive this should matter. make the hitbox on d+4 like every other normal character in the game and it wouldnt be a problem.

Sub zero... I feel like such a fucking scrub against him.

SZ: Clone
Me: OH a piece of candy
You beat me to it. I play mostly Cage and good Sub Zeros can be tough.

King

Sig Maker
People who complain about Sub's clone can just stop it... oh no... he got 0% damage on you and he has a way to get out of pressure. Clone is awkward to punish only if he teabags right after it. I love how people always say "omg clone, clone, clone, clone..." like Sub is somehow beating them by hitting them with clone infinity times in one round.

OK, I'm going to stop trolling and post a serious response here. Every time someone says that the reason we complain about D4 is because of the 3% damage it does, I want to punch a baby in the face. What makes D4 good isn't the 3% she gets from it. Her D4 lowers her hitbox so that no character can jip her. They can only just jump kick her half the time. The D4 is also a ridiculously good poke capable of shutting down a lot of offense from some characters. And yes, if throwing an air sai right after a teleport would make it awkward to punish, then any Mileena player with an ounce of brains would throw a sai after they teleport to reduce the risk of getting punished.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
It's funny. I had some dude playing Kabal nonetheless rage quit on me and called out "Nice Ice clone spam" He almost beat me the first round but I pulled it together and pushed him back to the corner and trapped him and I won. He was still stuck in the corner and kept jumping into clones and quit. That just makes me laugh. You can't expect to get better if you're just going to quit. For me as a Sub player, Kitana, Mileena and Smoke are my hardest matchups.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Kitana, Cyrax and Mileena. In that order. I played a Kitana today who I could rarely hit because he'd just do, d1, d1, d1 etc every time I got close, and the most I could respond with was d4 with the possibility of cancelling it into a clone to catch another d1 or jumpin. That's how I got all my damage. Off naked freezes and clone traps. D1 is so retarded, I couldn't even hit her when I jumped over her and jumping is risky enough as it is against Kitana.

I call bullshit on that, because there's nothing to be learned here. If I get frame trapped by Johnny Cage, I can get over it because it's a guessing game to get out. With Kitana, she just does d1 for free and stops all offense and if you stop blocking, she can do her cutters into a safe jump. Not happy at all.

Not to mention, she's also poking me through my clone half the time. Seriosuly, how can anybody defend Kitana's d1?

*Rant over, but know that I am even saltier than my post could ever possibly suggest*.

Another question, how in the blue hell does her fan lift move lift me out of a damn slide?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I cant stand facing Kung Lao and Ermac (my most common matchup). Kung Lao is self explanatory while Ermac I find boring to face

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Kabal and Johnny Cage.
Ones a constant 50/50 game,
The other, when in your face, in granted instant victory in the hands of someone like A Foxy Grandpa :p

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
In no order - Cyrax, ermac, freddy, jade, jax, johnny cage, kabal, kano, kenshi, kabal, kitana, kung lao, lui kang, mileena, nightwolf, noob saibot, raiden, rain, reptile, scorpion, sektor, sheeva, sindel, skarlet, smoke, sonya, stryker, sub-zero,cyber sub-zero.

Not hated, baraka, shang tsung.

mileena for many reasons but mostly because you can't combo her blocked roll when she touches the ground...

For some reason that just bugs the hell out of me even when I punish properly. That bitch should eat the same damage everyone else does, so people stop thinking its safe...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm starting to get tired of the Kitana unbreakable complaints. Half unbreakable in that combo? You mean the two fans before you have to do a hit~fan? Unless you use meter, which only gives you 4 fans for around 20% in the combo. Shang can do better than that.

For me though, I picked Mileena (with Kenshi probably second). I can deal with Kung Laos and Raidens, but with Mileena I feel like if I stand, duck, jump, or get in close I'm ****ed. Such good mixup pressure, and you can't do much to punish a blocked teleport if it's followed up by air sai.

King

Sig Maker
I'm starting to get tired of the Kitana unbreakable complaints. Half unbreakable in that combo? You mean the two fans before you have to do a hit~fan? Unless you use meter, which only gives you 4 fans for around 20% in the combo. Shang can do better than that.
No. I just mean her combos in general. For example, her 30% AA fan combo is mostly unbreakable. Her 45% meterless one is partially unbreakable. And so what Shang can do better than that? Shang has an obvious weakness - he gets bullied easily up close. What's Kitana's weakness?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I think I've played the game enough to answer this question now. So here are the characters on my shit-list as far as fighting against them goes.

Kung Lao - who doesn't hate fighting against Kung Lao? That guy has a tool for everything, I swear. The dreaded low hat frame trap is ridiculous, that spin scares you off from pressuring him, it makes a good anti-air as well as his divekick and uppercut, his own pressure tactics are godly, AND his teleport, although unsafe, can be deadly if he keeps using the 3 input to trap you! Players who abuse the spin and divekick to no end are annoying enough, but it gets even worse in the hands of a smart player who will not be so easily baited out of his defense. It's still possible to beat him, but is a very hard chore.

Reptile - well, I only hate Reptile online; offline I have no problem. I'll give you one guess why...if you can't figure it out, it's the Elbow Dash. I main Smoke and he normally has everything needed to defeat Reptile. His Shake stops Reptile's Acid Spits and Force Balls and the Teleport Punch will keep the opponent in check if they try to jump. As far as anticipaing the Elbow Dash goes? It's hard to do whether you fight online or offline, but online you almost have no way to counter that ludicrous tactic because of the fucking input delays. And online really cripples Smoke's normals since they aren't the fastest around. Offline I have a better chance of countering the dash, but anticipating it is still the biggest issue for me.

Johnny Cage - damn those frame traps, they effectively ensnare defensive players when used correctly. And that Shadow Flipkick of his is almost completely safe - note that I said "almost." I do know a few ways to counter it, but it's...tough to do. Not to mention how his b3 shuts down air tactics, including cross-ups. He's perfect for the aggressive players.

It's generally these three characters I struggle against, whether I'm fighting medium-level or high-level players. Everything else I can handle on a common basis.

King

Sig Maker
Johnny Cage - damn those frame traps, they effectively ensnare defensive players when used correctly. And that Shadow Flipkick of his is almost completely safe - note that I said "almost." I do know a few ways to counter it, but it's...tough to do. Not to mention how his b3 shuts down air tactics, including cross-ups. He's perfect for the aggressive players.
I can understand where you are coming from as I feel like all matchups turn into 7-3 to a 10-0 for Cage when he is up close. And that's what I love about him as a Cage player and mainer. But JC has a lot of trouble getting in on a lot of characters. Kung Lao, Kitana, Noob, Sub Zero, Mileena, Raiden, and Smoke are just some that come into mind.