What's new

Which character complements Kitana?

I've been using Kitana for a while now,
I've watched alot of gameplay from Osu 16 Bit, Konqrr, Crazy Dominican.
Learned alot.

but now i've got the question, wich character complements Kitana?

I've been using Sektor, Kung, Mileena, Reptile, Johnny, Liu. and i don't know wich 2 characters of those really complements Kitana.

could you guys help me out, and also please tell me why those 2 characters.

Thanks in advance!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
For some reason it seems like so many Kitana mainers alt Sindel.... I don't know why.

But, IMO, Sektor is a very good alt for Kitana. I'm trying to pick him back up (he was my day 1 character). He does pretty well against Kitana's harder matchups, able to teleport on zoners who outzone Kit, while still having good rushdown and comparable damage ability.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
For some reason it seems like so many Kitana mainers alt Sindel.... I don't know why.
Im a Kitana/Sindel mainer :) dont listen to [MENTION=5442]rev0lver[/MENTION] for tips hes too gay to function (love ya rev!)

Anyway im not sure who you would pair kitana up with.... shes kinda a jack of all trades really....

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Sindel and Sheeva are my 2nd and 3rd...Sindel is a nice contrast to Kitana. Sheeva is in a world all her own...I love her!

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
No offense to any1, and no joke, but it seems like everyone who mains Kitana and Sindel are homosexual, which is kind of a cool stereotype actually.

Me personally, I main Kitana and use ermac and Skarlet behind her. I know another kitana play that alts Mileena and Jade. So I would say any of the female ninjas really compliment her, since theyre all sort of jacks of all trades in their own unique ways.

No offense to any1, and no joke, but it seems like everyone who mains Kitana and Sindel are homosexual, which is kind of a cool stereotype actually.

This is such a pointless observation. And there is no such thing as a cool stereotype.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Don't forget the nerdy perv demographic.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
A suggestion would be to examine the match-up thread in the Kitana forum for an idea of whom she struggles against. You could also reflect upon your experiences of using Kitana and take notice of which characters have crippled her the most when you fought them.

I don't quite main Kitana, but I do use her now and then...come to think of it, I use like over half the entire roster, so I have a ton of match-ups covered. Do pardon the bragging.

From what I noticed of her match-ups, you might consider using either Raiden or Smoke as an alternate (I'd lean more towards Raiden). Smoke is an anti-zoner who shuts down projectiles and Raiden controls the entire screen with some top-notch tools. There are some other characters who work just as well, but chances are I haven't used them enough to go into any depth.

Raiden and Smoke are easy match ups for Kitana IN MY OPINION, If Raiden teleports, he's going to get his ass D1, cutter.

Smoke, that's self explainable. If anyone is going to give Kitana a hard time, it's going to be Nightwolf.

VIDA

Ive been thinking about picking up Raiden for the trickier matchups like Kenshi, only problem is I dont jive playing with him that much. :)

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
I've been maining Kitana and using Reptile as a secondary. By looking at each others matchup charts, it looks as if they cover most of each other's bad matchups except for Liu Kang.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You shouldn't have a problem with Liu Kang, he has to get close to do any severe damage.
You apparently haven't played a Liu Kang who knows how to zone. Low fireball ducks him under fans, and instant air fireball prevents kitana from getting in when being outzoned. Even in ex squareboost, Kang can hit her twice before she reaches him, negating the armor.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Raiden and Smoke are easy match ups for Kitana IN MY OPINION, If Raiden teleports, he's going to get his ass D1, cutter.

Smoke, that's self explainable. If anyone is going to give Kitana a hard time, it's going to be Nightwolf.
I was under the impression that we were discussing characters who cover for Kitana's bad match-ups, not characters who counter Kitana herself. If I misread your post, then my mistake.

VIDA

I think ppl mightve misread what i menat here. What I meant is players who use BOTH Kiatan and Sindel tend to fit the stereotype. Not Kitana and/or Sindel users in general.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I think ppl mightve misread what i menat here. What I meant is players who use BOTH Kiatan and Sindel tend to fit the stereotype. Not Kitana and/or Sindel users in general.
Lol you're not helping yourself here...

But I'm a homosexual Kitana player who doesn't alt Sindel.