What's new

Where does the ice queen stand now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Anyone remember when Killer Frost was top 10? I sure do. :( But where does the ice queen stand now? I've been losing to a lot of characters more often now than I did before and I can't help but realize it may be time to move on from my beloved ice maiden... I will always store her in my arsenal but I feel perhaps Zatanna will take charge for the next month. Do any Killer Frost players feel she is a little too weak now? Please share if you think she is viable or not in todays tournament streams.

I think she is probably still viable.
Perhaps you just need more time to improve, Icebaby?

Injustice is still a young game, and there's a patch coming sometime in the near future!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Extremely good. Except for her weakness to air mobility and power character interactables she is well rounded and super solid.

Slide is a dominate footsies tool that keeps grounded opponents in constant check.
Above average anti-air.
Decent zoning and anti-zoning tools to go with it.
Air Dash.
Excellent 50/50.
Resets and high comeback factor.
One of the best wakeup attacks in the game.
The best parry in the game.
Safe launching d+1~special.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
This is a serious thread? Really? How about stop bitching about MMH and spreading misinformation like you're some kind of knowitall.
Um, what did my post have to do with MMH? Really now?
Extremely good. Except for her weakness to air mobility and power character interactables she is well rounded and super solid.
Slide is a dominate footsies tool that keeps grounded opponents in constant check.
Above average anti-air.
Decent zoning and anti-zoning tools to go with it.
Air Dash.
Excellent 50/50.
Resets and high comeback factor.
One of the best wakeup attacks in the game.
The best parry in the game.
Safe launching d+1~special.
But what about all her tough matches? Surely "extremely good" can't mean she is still top 10, can it? I would like more details on your reasoning if so.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Um, what did my post have to do with MMH? Really now?

But what about all her tough matches? Surely "extremely good" can't mean she is still top 10, can it? I would like more details on your reasoning if so.

A Killer Frost player can discuss her MU in depth but I doubt she has many losing MU. Black Adam for sure. After that it's all close and debatable.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Anyone remember when Killer Frost was top 10? I sure do. :( But where does the ice queen stand now? I've been losing to a lot of characters more often now than I did before and I can't help but realize it may be time to move on from my beloved ice maiden... I will always store her in my arsenal but I feel perhaps Zatanna will take charge for the next month. Do any Killer Frost players feel she is a little too weak now? Please share if you think she is viable or not in todays tournament streams.

NeckolasBone

You don't mess with ze Bi Han!
One word, zone, that is if your not getting outzoned. So many KFs rely on trying to get the vortex so much that they even sacrifice damage at the end of a life bar.....ridiculous in my opinion. Too much wake up slide=making your opponent jump their asses off everytime they knock you down. I want to see more parries, i want to see more use of one bar for decent damage over flipping a fucking coin 24/7. I want to see more MB f3 after a slide on block. I want to never have to say these common sense facts again.

Goldi

Noob
I think she's still really good, very versatile. Probably even a little dirty sometimes.

I'm a casual frost lol. I just do several small combos instead of the max damage ones and kinda wing it - no real strategy or much practice. I rarely use trait or meter, and the bitch can still hold her own! A low tier character couldn't survive like that.

Bad Genez

Green
This is kind of an embarrassing thread. She's still perfectly viable, just because you're 'losing to a lot of characters more often now' doesn't make her bad, it means you need to hit the lab more.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I have her in my Top 5, personally.

If you've been losing more often with Killer Frost recently, then you may want to consider changing up your playstyle. She's a complete character if I ever saw one.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
God its posts like this that makes me hate the KF community.

My God, if 16 Bit, who is one of the biggest down players known to man ( :REO ) thinks the character is solid, THE CHARACTER IS SOLID.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
She will always be viable because of her vortex imo. With extremely smart play and good use of parry she can be a threat to anyone. Its just harder for her because of the normalizations, and I think it should be because of what she can do with one hit and some guesses. On the other hand I feel bane beats her, and grundy would beat her if his trait wasnt blown up by parry so theres that.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
One word, zone, that is if your not getting outzoned. So many KFs rely on trying to get the vortex so much that they even sacrifice damage at the end of a life bar.....ridiculous in my opinion. Too much wake up slide=making your opponent jump their asses off everytime they knock you down. I want to see more parries, i want to see more use of one bar for decent damage over flipping a fucking coin 24/7. I want to see more MB f3 after a slide on block. I want to never have to say these common sense facts again.
This for 1000, Alex! Her zoning is above average and can really give many characters problems from mid to full screen. She reminds me of Freddy from MK9...she can chuck daggers and forces you to remain blocking for an incoming ice berg.

The parry. This move is amazing...especially if you have picked up on your opponents habits after a blocked slide or block string. Ever since I practiced the parry/started making a parry guide I have used this move to win so many close matches.

She's certainly not top 5 since there are many characters that I feel are slightly better than her...but bottom tier? Oh honey, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.