What's new

When MKX comes out, how long does it take before you get it into tourneys?

Except everyone thought Kabal and Cyrax sucked back then.
lol what? Cyrax and kabal was recognized from day 1 as fucked up. First mk tournament(power up) Tom brady begged REO not to use kabal in top 8 cause REO dominance with him would mk9 look real bad which was a big deal because it was the first legit mk game in years.

As for cyrax, bomb trap.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Considering I'm only purchasing the game if it's released on PC.....

6 months from console release....
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE <---
Official Press Release said:
Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.
Simultaneos release on all five systems!

I'm gonna enter every possible tournament the first two months, they're always crazy and fun.

lol what? Cyrax and kabal was recognized from day 1 as fucked up. First mk tournament(power up) Tom brady begged REO not to use kabal in top 8 cause REO dominance with him would mk9 look real bad which was a big deal because it was the first legit mk game in years.

As for cyrax, bomb trap.
dude.. the Kabal thing happened weeks after Power Up, no one asked anyone to do anything at PU 2011. Also.. what was said was "The game is new, idc what you do but using this block infinite at an early point makes the game look bad". No one begged anyone to not use a character at a major. The conversation took place at a local which REO won anyway using a character even better than Kabal, pre patch KL.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
There will be a tournament not long after MKX is released...probably like the next day lol. The first few major tournaments for our new games are always the hypest as far as crowd noise goes. People love new games. I'm already saving up for EVO next year. I want my first EVO to be for a MK game. Looking forward to it.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
There will be a tournament not long after MKX is released...probably like the next day lol. The first few major tournaments for our new games are always the hypest as far as crowd noise goes. People love new games. I'm already saving up for EVO next year. I want my first EVO to be for a MK game. Looking forward to it.
Yeah I plan on going to EVO next year too. Gonna save a couple grand so I can enjoy myself and get drunk.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Yeah I plan on going to EVO next year too. Gonna save a couple grand so I can enjoy myself and get drunk.
That's why I'm saving now. I want to have a blast when I go. It's kind of like a bucket list thing lol. Vegas and the biggest fighting game tournament in the world? Two birds, one stone.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
Going in early is a good way to scrub people out. After a year or two of the games release, you need to have your shit straight. Seemingly OP tactics in the early stages will be readily countered or nerfed.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
But its gonna be like "Ehhh" should just wait for 3 months til everybody feels comfortable with the game. Second, where in the hell is that from? Lol never seen sektor do that in a game ending etc.
Mk9 had its first major I think a week after the game came out? Injustice was the same way. They start immediately, no wasting time.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Meanwhile, I'll just spam teleport online. Or, more likely, in practice.
Assuming there will be proper character for that :p

dude.. the Kabal thing happened weeks after Power Up, no one asked anyone to do anything at PU 2011.
You sure? I remember REO saying he regreted buying into pll complaints about his kabal at PU and that pll were telling him he can't use kabal because he will make the game look broken and the capcom guys like wong would ran away from mk9 and at that point in time we needed their support, and that's why he randomly decided to go with cyber zero at the last moment. There is even footage still on youtube of REO going in on ur sub in casuals with kabal.

Seems kinda strange REO would use cyber sub on you in top 8 over kabal considering the success he was having in casuals doesn't it? Especially when you were already saying sub zero destroyed cyber sub. Tom, I know the lore of mk9 2011 evo era better than anyone so I pretty sure my info is accurate, just sayin!;)

You sure? I remember REO saying he regreted buying into pll complaints about his kabal at PU and that pll were telling him he can't use kabal because he will make the game look broken and the capcom guys like wong would ran away from mk9 and at that point in time we needed their support, and that's why he randomly decided to go with cyber zero at the last moment. There is even footage still on youtube of REO going in on ur sub in casuals with kabal.

Seems kinda strange REO would use cyber sub on you in top 8 over kabal considering the success he was having in casuals doesn't it? Especially when you were already saying sub zero destroyed cyber sub. Tom, I know the lore of mk9 2011 evo era better than anyone so I pretty sure my info is accurate, just sayin!;)
There is one vid of his Kabal vs my SZ in casuals at PU and I won that one match. We were going back and fourth Kabal vs SZ at PU. At PU, I denied that Kabal had a block infinite. Instead I told ppl that you could D1 out of it. It wasnt until after PU that I admitted that Kabal had a block infinite.

Your info is incorrect. the "Tom Brady Hate" lore is almost 100% inaccurate. Thats what you seem to know.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
There is one vid of his Kabal vs my SZ in casuals at PU and I won that one match. We were going back and fourth Kabal vs SZ at PU. At PU, I denied that Kabal had a block infinite. Instead I told ppl that you could D1 out of it. It wasnt until after PU that I admitted that Kabal had a block infinite.

Your info is incorrect. the "Tom Brady Hate" lore is almost 100% inaccurate. Thats what you seem to know.
Im just suprised that you are not P'Oed that he is using somewhat of your name. But I could just be wrong about that, maybe an obsessed fan, just saying.

I was trolling about youtube match, I just wanted to see if you would actually look it up to see if u won it or not lol.