What's new

When Did You Become a Gamer?

E

Eldriken

Since birth, I guess. My dad would always take me to rent Nintendo games every week. I was too young to effectively play but I was intrigued by games nonetheless.

Shit got real when I got Mario 3. I was 4 or 5. My parents had been rolling coins for hours in the kitchen that day. I didn't know why. They just said "it's a surprise."

My dad left the house and came back with Mario 3. I started freaking out like a typical little kid and popped that bitch into the NES. The curtain came up to reveal the sweetest title screen I've ever witnessed. It was perfect. The raising of curtains symbolized the introduction of a beautiful, time killing world where I'd go to escape the everyday menial bullshit for the rest of my life.

Getting Mortal Kombat reinforced my love for gaming even further but that's a long story for another time.
I want to go turn on my kids' Wii just go play Mario 3 now.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I want to go turn on my kids' Wii just go play Mario 3 now.
It's seriously one of the greatest games ever made. The new Mario games are cool but they can't touch Mario 3. It aged pretty gracefully for NES. I play through it a couple times a year at least. It's great when I'm feeling bummed out or just overwhelmed.

The first game I remeber playing is mortal kombat 2 when I was little on snes. I remember me and my friends arguing about who would get to play as scorpion. Which doesn't make any sense because we could both pick him.

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Some of my earliest memories involve Mario and Ninja Gaiden on NES. I've been hooked for as long as I can remember. Mainly because of my dad. He was a gamer himself and after he got injured on the railroad, our bonding involved playing N64 (Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark etc.). Resident Evil is one of my top 3 favorite game series' because we'd play them so much. Pulling all nighters and making 3 hour trips to get REmake on Gamecube. Video games are a part of my life I'll always have and I wouldn't change it for the world.

eks

Noob
Playing Pac-Man and QBert at the gas station with my dad is one of my earliest memories, so probably since the early 80s when I was like 5 or 6.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I don't remember exactly what age, but I've been a gamer as long as I can remember.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I officially jizzed when I got the NES in 1994 with Super Mario Bros. and Friday the 13th and I got my FIRST fighting games when I got the KI SNES bundle in 1995 and Art of Fighting, I was 5 yrs old.