What's new

When can we start discussing tiers?

gdf

Noob
Lex seems very disappointing, indeed. He is the slowest character movement wise. Is he supposed to be good at zoning, set ups, or both? I doubt even NRS knows. And why does his standard fireball do 3% of damage on hit? Cyborg has a similar fireball that does 8% of damage, can be done in the air, and can be meter burned. I want to represent the bald head, but this characters appears to be going nowhere.
I completely agree about questioning what kind of character NRS wanted Lex to be. To be honest, I have had more "success" using rushdown on Lex than with zoning.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Lex IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE A ZONER!!! Why do people even consider this?

Lex's probe needs to do more damage for people to actually respect it and I think his air charge needs to be neutral on recovery but still negative on block; meaning you can do an air charge and land in your opponents face to keep pressure without eating a full combo.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I think people like Superman, Aquaman, Batman and Deathstroke are best. A lot of people are kind of writing off deathstroke as 'oh hes just the scrub stomper', but he is pretty damn good with his mix ups and mind games when you actually approach him.

For me, worst is probably Joker and Bane. Hawkgirl has some nasty dirt.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Also, a lot of people are sleeping on Joker I do not think he is a bad character although he does have some holes in his game. His j2 is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen...

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Here is how I see it:

S+ TIER
Superman
Aquaman
Black Adam

S TIER
Cyborg
Nightwing
Batman
Deathstroke
Green Lantern

A TIER
Killer Frost
Grundy
Flash
Wonder Woman

B TIER
Ares
Catwoman
Raven
Shazam
Green Arrow

C TIER
Harley
Hawk Girl
Joker
Sinestro

D TIER
Lex
Bane
Lobo

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  • Gonna wait for Evo , in order to have a much better reference, watching the highest competitive level gameplay right there ..... after Evo, Tier List can be discussed in a much better way :cool:
  • Raven, in theory, could fit a possible high spot in tier list ..... she is dat damn good, dude ! :D

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
It's never too early to start discussing tiers. I am not sure why people are so hesitant and afraid; we have to start somewhere. As for the actual tiers, I would say that the top characters are Superman, Batman, and Frost. Sinestro is really good, but probably not top. Lex is a solid character but I just don't think that his dirt can compare to other characters.
I approve your sig! Well done.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Here is how I see it:

S+ TIER
Superman
Aquaman
Black Adam

S TIER
Cyborg
Nightwing
Batman
Deathstroke
Green Lantern

A TIER
Killer Frost
Grundy
Flash
Wonder Woman

B TIER
Ares
Catwoman
Raven
Shazam
Green Arrow

C TIER
Harley
Hawk Girl
Joker
Sinestro

D TIER
Lex
Bane
Lobo
lmao @ Killer Frost placement. KT Smith just died and rolled over in his grave and came back to life to read this.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I think that almost every character in the game can counter every other character and force them to play a different way sans a few of your S tier characters.

Even then I can see your high level Sinestro players like Pig, Wound, and Legend taking down your high level Aquaman, Superman, and Black Adams and having some really epic battles.

I am hype as fuck to see this game evolve and see the way people counter others.

I can see the tier lists and MU switching monthly TBH.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I think that almost every character in the game can counter every other character and force them to play a different way sans a few of your S tier characters.

Even then I can see your high level Sinestro players like Pig, Wound, and Legend taking down your high level Aquaman, Superman, and Black Adams and having some really epic battles.

I am hype as fuck to see this game evolve and see the way people counter others.

I can see the tier lists and MU switching monthly TBH.
To build off this..

I am very pleased by the way these characters were overall balanced..... I know I know.. S tier is S tier for a reason- least bad matchups... However I don't think the Tier Brackets are as bad as some other games where F tier was so low down, they couldn't see S tier with a spot light.. I think Good, Bad, Neutral is the best kind of system for the game as it lays right now... And even the "bad" can still blow some people up...

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Here is how I see it:

Fortress of Solitude TIER:
Doomsday

S+ TIER
Superman
Aquaman
Black Adam

S TIER
Cyborg
Nightwing
Batman
Deathstroke
Green Lantern

A TIER
Killer Frost
Grundy
Flash
Wonder Woman

B TIER
Ares
Catwoman
Raven
Shazam
Green Arrow

C TIER
Harley
Hawk Girl
Joker
Sinestro

D TIER
Lex
Bane
Lobo
Since you left someone out, I ammended your list.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Since you left someone out, I ammended your list.
Whoops...

I go back and forth on Doomsday...right now I would probably put him in "A" tier due to being very linear, but very good at what he does

lmao @ Killer Frost placement. KT Smith just died and rolled over in his grave and came back to life to read this.
That tier list was a joke so I have no problem with any grave rolling. KF is very good, but not the unstoppable force perceived during week 1-2

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Here is how I see it:

S+ TIER
Superman
Aquaman
Black Adam
i dont agree with your c tier but how is wonder woman ive been sleeping on her since the demo
S TIER
Cyborg
Nightwing
Batman
Deathstroke
Green Lantern

A TIER
Killer Frost
Grundy
Flash
Wonder Woman

B TIER
Ares
Catwoman
Raven
Shazam
Green Arrow

C TIER
Harley
Hawk Girl
Joker
Sinestro

D TIER
Lex
Bane
Lobo

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think it makes most sense to talk tiers when:

A) People have a strong sense of, and are making use of, most of characters' tools
B) People have maybe 85% of matchups solidly down, meaning that they know what to do in almost all common situations vs. the cast
C) There is plenty of high level vs. high level actual match experience to back up the claims

before then, it's pretty rough guesswork. To me it feels like a lot is unknown right now; a number of characters don't even have basic flowcharts yet, even some of the better characters don't have all of the matchups charted well yet, and some of the cast has hardly been explored at a high level.

I'd think it will take at least 3-4 more months before high level representatives of all the characters start appearing and there's enough cast vs. cast info to even begin a sensible discussion that's not based on gaps in information.

Also it'll help once the various regions start meeting each other at tournaments like ECT, UFGT, and EVO, and you add the tourney wisdom + the endless hours of casuals.