What's new

What's the worst fatality in MK9?

I vote Ermac's Pest Control as the worst. It doesn't make sense. They should have gave that one to Quan Chi. It seems more appropriate as it's more like sorcery to shrink someone...plus Quan Chi doesn't have a damn sword.

Man you guys really hate CSZs? I liked both of them. The exploding one reminds me of the Saibamen from DBZ. The brain drill one is pretty awesome too, how they all seize up and collapse. I guess I'm in the minority on that, though.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Looking back at Cyrax's MK3 fatality when he exploded himself with the opponent, CSZ's self-destruct is pretty good.
My least favorite is Raiden's two pieces of electrified flesh and his stupid gestures with his hands.

Espio

Kokomo
Quan Chi's lazy copy pasta sword fatal.

CSZ harassment fatal, looks hilarious.

Sonya's wire one...like wtf? No kiss of death or neck snap? Do not want.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
Favorite-Jade's Half-Mast. So sexy. :)
Least Favorite- Raiden's fatality where he zaps off your limbs. so lame.
Jax's football fatality is hilarious.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Looking back at Cyrax's MK3 fatality when he exploded himself with the opponent, CSZ's self-destruct is pretty good.
My least favorite is Raiden's two pieces of electrified flesh and his stupid gestures with his hands.
Cyrax blew up THE WORLD. CSZ's is pretty crappy in retrospect...lol

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I vote Ermac's Pest Control as the worst. It doesn't make sense. They should have gave that one to Quan Chi. It seems more appropriate as it's more like sorcery to shrink someone...plus Quan Chi doesn't have a damn sword.

Man you guys really hate CSZs? I liked both of them. The exploding one reminds me of the Saibamen from DBZ. The brain drill one is pretty awesome too, how they all seize up and collapse. I guess I'm in the minority on that, though.
Yeah, that would've suited Quan much better. Especially with that laugh of his at the end.

Jade's Half-Mast is defiantly the best fatality. Sektor Scarecrow, Noob Make a Wish, and Jax Football one are other good ones.

Worst - I have a few.

-Jax first fatality where he smashes your head THEN rips your arms off. WTF this was a horrible oversight. You rip their arms off FIRST, then smash their head as they're screaming in pain.

-Then Reptile first. Why would you do a acid spit down there throat, THEN IMMEDIATELY rip their stomach out? Would have been better if reptile spit down their throat then a effect like smokes fatalities ensued.

-Sonya's Piano Wire, WTF they chose that over the Kiss of Death?

WORST OF ALL - CYRAX NET FATALITY

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I've bee

I've been saying that basically since the game came out about Quan Chi and how he should have had that one instead. How exactly do telekenetic souls make someone shrink?

I've been saying that basically since the game came out about Quan Chi and how he should have had that one instead. How exactly do telekenetic souls make someone shrink?
Yeah it makes no sense at all. I think it's all because of that stupid sword fatality they had. They just didn't want to get rid of it. They couldn't think of anything else for Ermac, though? Couldn't have him create a tornado of souls and skin the person? Or pick them up ala telekinesis and crush them into a little square box? or slam them into the camera then rip them in half?

Last one would make sense. Then they could have given Quan Pest Control, and gave Kenshi that other sword fatality they didn't want to get rid of. They could have done SOMETHING.

Hindsight, you know?

Garasky

Noob
Least favorite- Kratos turns you to stone and punches you to bits.
Favorite- Quan Chi rips your leg off and beats your head off with it.
I agree with your favorite ... and when u beat someone online with that fatality , u don't press rematch right away and it forces your opponent to watch the non-stop beat lol

Garasky

Noob
I agree with your favorite ... and when u beat someone online with that fatality , u don't press rematch right away and it forces your opponent to watch the non-stop beat lol
But that is just being an ass though ... shame on me -_-

Garasky

Noob
Kratos' Gorgon Smash.

How do you make KRATOS in MK and give him such a cheesy finish?

Quan having to rip off Scorpion's lamer Fatality is also up there.

Sheeva's golf claps are hilarious.
I think for Kratos its just staying true to his original style though .... good or bad its one of the more iconic thing you get to do in GOW series. I don't blame the decision

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think for Kratos its just staying true to his original style though .... good or bad its one of the more iconic thing you get to do in GOW series. I don't blame the decision
One the one hand: Yes. His finishers should definitely been something based in GOW itself.
My problem with it is just that, for being Kratos, the alleged most brutal motherfucker among brutal motherfuckers of all time, etching someone out by turning them to stone and PG-13 smashing them to death just seems underwhelming.
Now if he'd whipped out the Nemean Cestus magic and just smashed them into itty bitty pieces with the glowing fists, THAT would've been satisfying :D.

Garasky

Noob
I personally would prefer more "torture" deaths instead of just straight up decapitation ... good examples would be KL's razor edge, both of Noob's , Quan Chi's Beat Down, and Jax's 3 point. Straight up slice and dicing gets old quick ... there needs to be some human emotion to it. Does craving for such things does it make me a sick person!!?? :eek:

Garasky

Noob
I've bee

I dig the

I dig the brain drill one as well ... the stun then collapse animation is pretty tight. Too much decapitation fatalities already ... I could use something different and more creative

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
One fatality that brings a smile everytime I see it is Jax's 3 point. So hilarious watching the opponent's head get one boot in the face. Man, that must be painful...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The worst fatality's gotta be Sub-Zero's first. Or Scorpion's. Or most of the characters, really.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Yeah it makes no sense at all. I think it's all because of that stupid sword fatality they had. They just didn't want to get rid of it. They couldn't think of anything else for Ermac, though? Couldn't have him create a tornado of souls and skin the person? Or pick them up ala telekinesis and crush them into a little square box? or slam them into the camera then rip them in half?

Last one would make sense. Then they could have given Quan Pest Control, and gave Kenshi that other sword fatality they didn't want to get rid of. They could have done SOMETHING.

Hindsight, you know?
Plus if they gave the sword fatality to Kenshi they could have made them float in the air or something then chop them into pieces, that would have been neat.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I got a few to list...

1. Sonya's Piano Wire is freakin' poo poo.
2. Rain's Bubble Burst. Really?
3. I get where Freddy's fatalities were going, but they don't click for me.
4. Quan Chi's On Your Knees...waste of programming space.
5. Kitana's first fatality is bleh.
6. Is it me or does it look like that Reptile pulls out a brain from the foe's stomach off his first fatality?
7. Kratos's second fatality...why can't you replicate what you did to Hercules?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I let them watch it til they hit they don't want to rematch.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Cyrax blew up THE WORLD. CSZ's is pretty crappy in retrospect...lol
That was Cyber Smoke, not Cyrax. lol

Liu Kang's punch through the chest one is my least favorite. There are special moves that are more brutal.
Just for the record, most of Liu's fatals are tame as fuck, (he's a monk after all, but then so is Kung Lao) with some exceptions, his best one imo: