What's new

What's the worst fatality in MK9?

Plop

Noob
I dont know if anyone's already posted a thread about this topic in the past. I couldnt see one....but anyway...
I was just thinking about the fatalities in MK9. I wouldn't say it's the best game for fatalities, but i certainly wouldnt say it's the worst either. IMO alot of them drag out a bit too long and some of them are really samey. The best game for fatalities was by far MK2 (Its not even a matter of opinion, just fact). Don't get me wrong though, there's some amazing ones here too. Some of the best in the series, even.

But i don't care about that.

I wanna know what we all think is the WORST fatality in MK9.

For me, it's gotta be Shang's clown morph fatality. I didnt like it in DC (even though i suppose it was the best of a bad bunch there) and i dont like it in this game. There was really nooooo need for it IMHO.
It's not that i dont like clowns or anything, evil clowns are cool i spose. But this is just annooooooying.
I personally think they should have revamped one of his older fatalities, like they did with most of the rest of the cast. (an update of the Kintaro morph woulda been sweet)

So watcha reckon TYM? What is MK9's WORST fatality?

RiverHB

Noob
MK2 did have the best Fatalities, but I think NRS did a good job overall in MK9. While several could have been done better, I think the one where Smoke (sorry Ribbz) phases through his opponent and they fall apart is pretty lazy on NRS's part. In their defense though, coming up with at least two Fatalities for this large cast is going to result in stuff like this.

Shang's Clown morph is pretty good IMO because it pokes fun at that laughable MKvDC game. If it stood alone, as in MKvDC never existed, I'd find it strange and out of place. But as it stands now, they're showing us the best Fatality from the previous game that basically never was because of the pg-13 rating.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
CSZ and Sonya own the worst fatalities. They aren't creative at all. Creativity > nostalgia.

i mean... CSZ has a HUGE FUCKING SWORD!!!! Why didn't anyone think to themselves.... "hmmm lets use THAT thing for sure"

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Least favorite- Kratos turns you to stone and punches you to bits.
Favorite- Quan Chi rips your leg off and beats your head off with it.

Warborn

Freebies for all
Kabal's fatality when he pulls your guts out and you just slide down his blades. They should've had one that had something to do with his speed.

OR

Sonya's with the string? really?! Where is the Kiss of Death???!!!

RiverHB

Noob
CSZ and Sonya own the worst fatalities. They aren't creative at all. Creativity > nostalgia.

i mean... CSZ has a HUGE FUCKING SWORD!!!! Why didn't anyone think to themselves.... "hmmm lets use THAT thing for sure"
Yeah Sonya's are very forgettable. And I think I've seen 1 of CSZ's back when the game first came out. I can't even tell you what the second one is.

Plop

Noob
Yeah Sonya's are very forgettable. And I think I've seen 1 of CSZ's back when the game first came out. I can't even tell you what the second one is.
yeah i cant actually remember what Sonya's are right now either lol
Kabal's fatality when he pulls your guts out and you just slide down his blades. They should've had one that had something to do with his speed.
I actually think thats one of the best. Most of them in this game are just ripping body parts off in different orders. The guts one is quite different

Plop

Noob
Shang's Clown morph is pretty good IMO because it pokes fun at that laughable MKvDC game. If it stood alone, as in MKvDC never existed, I'd find it strange and out of place. But as it stands now, they're showing us the best Fatality from the previous game that basically never was because of the pg-13 rating.
I hear what you're sayin, but i just think its laaame.
Thinking about it now, surely they coulda got the rights to the actual Joker right?

Plop

Noob
Sorry, just a big fan lol. It's even in both my psn's:

Crazy_JoeKerr_88
Joker8417
Joker's cool. I'm not into DC stuff or Batman really, but i gotta say all the Batman villains are bad ass. Some of the best villains of all time are Batman villains. The Penguin was always my favorite, especially Danny DeVito's take on the character. Absolute classic.

As much as i tried though, i could NOT use Joker in MKvsDC. It's a shame cos i really wanted to.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Joker's cool. I'm not into DC stuff or Batman really, but i gotta say all the Batman villains are bad ass. Some of the best villains of all time are Batman villains. The Penguin was always my favorite, especially Danny DeVito's take on the character. Absolute classic.

As much as i tried though, i could NOT use Joker in MKvsDC. It's a shame cos i really wanted to.
I agree, if you did a top 50 villains list, at least 5 or 6 of them would be from batman lol. I used both him and batman, though I can't say I was good at all hahaha.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kratos' Gorgon Smash.

How do you make KRATOS in MK and give him such a cheesy finish?

Quan having to rip off Scorpion's lamer Fatality is also up there.

Sheeva's golf claps are hilarious.

Plop

Noob
It's really hard for them all not to look bad next to Noob's "Make a Wish."

But CZS's are all lackluster, as is Sonya's Troat Slit. Kano's, despite being a classic, are also a bit of a let down because they're basically the same. Also:
a) "Make a Wish" is one of the best by far
b) Kano's "Eat Your Heart Out" is also one of the best!...but his "casually shove arm through chest, grab heart, give it a bit of a squeeze, there we go" is a bit lame yeah

Plop

Noob
The brain freeze one is funny at first but the Hug of Death sucks.
Tbh imo I think any fatalilty to do with ice these days is usually boring. Especially if its just an explodey kinda one. Its been done to death. Hell, i was bored of them by MK3!