What's new

Question What makes MK9 stand out?

Tweedy

Noob
how are people supposed to take your word for it? you didn't played MK9. Whatever you say about it will keep losing credibility because, guess what...

You didn't play it.
Lol hold on buddy.

What claims have I made, outside of stuff that people have confirmed. It's funny how all you people can do is insinuate that I said stuff that I didn't.

People have confirmed no trades. Did they lie? If they did, i'll take it back.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I doubt MK9's neutral game is comparable to MKX's if the anti airs lack depth
Bruh What? In MK9, if you jumped, YOU GOT AA'd. By literally EVERYONE. They lead into:

Damaging combos that corner carried
Set up zoning
Restand into pressure
Hard knockdown a
Etc

And it wasn't just a specific normal or special you can AA with. Any character could anti air with at least 2 attacks and could use specific anti depending on the character and positioning of the jump. Kitana for example could use s2 to AA people jumping at her, s3 for people trying to jump over her, jump kick fan or ex fan Lift for people to cross her up, etc
No way in hell were AAs lacking depth lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lol hold on buddy.

What claims have I made, outside of stuff that people have confirmed. It's funny how all you people can do is insinuate that I said stuff that I didn't.

People have confirmed no trades. Did they lie? If they did, i'll take it back.
You don't need to take anything back, you can talk all you want in this thread, but what you think about MK9 will not matter to mostly, specially about claims you did such as: "No trades is horrible and a complete joke in a competitive fighter."
or"one move anti airing, is real footsies"
That's a straight lie, there was a vast of forms of AA in MK9 outside of a jab, besides what do you think footsie is? lol

Again, you didn't played, you didn't experienced, your based your opinions based on words from other people, its like coming into a text without studying it, the people that played and is voicing their opinion here all played MKX as well, hence why the comparison.

Take my advice, find a MK9, invite someone and play for a few days, then formulate your opinion.

Tweedy

Noob
You don't need to take anything back, you can talk all you want in this thread, but what you think about MK9 will not matter to mostly, specially about claims you did such as: "No trades is horrible and a complete joke in a competitive fighter."
or"one move anti airing, is real footsies"
That's a straight lie, there was a vast of forms of AA in MK9 outside of a jab, besides what do you think footsie is? lol

Again, you didn't played, you didn't experienced, your based your opinions based on words from other people, its like coming into a text without studying it, the people that played and is voicing their opinion here all played MKX as well, hence why the comparison.

Take my advice, find a MK9, invite someone and play for a few days, then formulate your opinion.
Why are one of the positive points that you guys are making, that you could just aa with a jab every time? Not only is this a point that I took from confirmation, I took it from the people on the other side of the fence. LMAO

Your grammar is super bad man. I'm sure this isn't your first language, so no offense, but regardless it really takes the air out of this argument for me.

Give me another sap that thinks Alien is broke, with proper English.

xKhaoTik

Why are one of the positive points that you guys are making, that you could just aa with a jab every time? Not only is this a point that I took from confirmation, I took it from the people on the other side of the fence. LMAO

Your grammar is super bad man. I'm sure this isn't your first language, so no offense, but regardless it really takes the air out of this argument for me.

Man come on. He's clearly not from America so English isn't his first language. You don't have to insult his grammar just because he's proving a point. That looks so childish.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Bruh What? In MK9, if you jumped, YOU GOT AA'd. By literally EVERYONE. They lead into:

Set up zoning
Restand into pressure
Hard knockdown a
Etc

And it wasn't just a specific normal or special you can AA with. Any character could anti air with at least 2 attacks and could use specific anti depending on the character and positioning of the jump. Kitana for example could use s2 to AA people jumping at her, s3 for people trying to jump over her, jump kick fan or ex fan Lift for people to cross her up, etc
Noob Saibot
s1
D2
shadow up knee

Skarlet
U3
s1
s3
s2
F4
iaD
D2

Kabal
iaGB
nomad dash
s2
D2

seems that this 1button AA thing was a straight lie after all, besides every character could NJP ppl out of the air clean, just as well beat anti crossups with d1

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Just a quick question about air normals in MK9. Were they all the same animation/hitbox? I know Njp's were but I'm not sure about the other air normals.

I bring that up because starting with Injustice every character received their own unique air normals with different hit/hurt boxes. I mean now we have njps at max height that reach the ground with some characters.

So would anti airing in mk9 have stayed as great as is claimed if every air normal wasn't the same?
^^^ Sense we are talking about anti airs again and no one answered the first time.

Tweedy

Noob
Man come on. He's clearly not from America so English isn't his first language. You don't have to insult his grammar just because he's proving a point. That looks so childish.
All right this is getting incredibly stupid.

I even said in my post that I know it's not his first language, followed by "no offense".

I just don't want to go back and forth when I have trouble reading the post. Sure, you could take "no offense", as sarcasm on the internet, however, I even further clarified by saying that I understand his situation, with it not being his native language.

So chill lol I mean what the.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

Set up zoning
Restand into pressure
Hard knockdown a
Etc

Chris G jumped constantly and nearly beat M2Dave at EVO, AND was the most successful Reptile, placing well for a game he didn't play. He did it by conditioning fear of the dash and...gasp, JUMPING IN. No one AA'd every jump in attempt.

Sonya had a dive kick that would go through standing jabs and uppercuts.

This idea that no one ever jumped is more bullshit.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Again, a STRAIGHT LIE, jab people out was the easiest option, but it wasn't the only one.

Are you see me talking about Alien?
I don't want to go in detail here, i just said, MK9 had a more defense oriented game where in MKX is much weaker making offense characters much stronger.

When we talk about gameplay rules and comparing MK9 with MKX (we played both except you), your answer is:

P1 advantage
CYRAX, KABAL, KENSHI

When someone mention alien, your answer is:
Sonic Fox

Dude we could say the same on MK9, Kabal was Reo, Cyrax was DJT and Maxter, Scar was Skarlet, Dizzy was cage, Mileena was sonic Fox, Kitana was Bit and Khaotic, Noob Saibot was DR, Shang Tsung was Cowboy and Tom Brady was Sub-Zero.

English is not my first language, so sue me.

Tweedy

Noob
Again, a STRAIGHT LIE, jab people out was the easiest option, but it wasn't the only one.

Are you see me talking about Alien?
I don't want to go in detail here, i just said, MK9 had a more defense oriented game where in MKX is much weaker making offense characters much stronger.

When we talk about gameplay rules and comparing MK9 with MKX (we played both except you), your answer is:

P1 advantage
CYRAX, KABAL, KENSHI

When someone mention alien, your answer is:
Sonic Fox

Dude we could say the same on MK9, Kabal was Reo, Cyrax was DJT and Maxter, Scar was Skarlet, Dizzy was cage, Mileena was sonic Fox, Kitana was Bit and Khaotic, Noob Saibot was DR, Shang Tsung was Cowboy and Tom Brady was Sub-Zero.

English is not my first language, so sue me.
1. I said English isn't your first language so I understand.

2. I said that I took what I said about jabs from you guys. I never lied. Look all over the thread. It's one of the big points for why MK9 is so good.

xKhaoTik

Chris G jumped constantly and nearly beat M2Dave at EVO, AND was the most successful Reptile, placing well for a game he didn't play. He did it by conditioning fear of the dash and...gasp, JUMPING IN. No one AA'd every jump in attempt.

Sonya had a dive kick that would go through standing jabs and uppercuts.

This idea that no one ever jumped is more bullshit.
O I never said no one jumped lol. Whoever said that is lying. Everyone jumped.

And yea I remember that about Chris G. But when I beat him, it was by AAing mainly. He jumped alot and that was a huge downfall.

And Sonya's dive kick was stupid lol but that also proves my point that characters had specific AAs for situations like that. Kitana could just ex lift it, kabal can just ex dash it, etc. Smoke s2 even beat the dick kick.

I'm just saying AAs were more consistent in mk9. You've played both games. You know for a fact that's true

I wonder why injustice never gets compared and contrasted with MKX? Actually, when I think about it, prior to injustice 2 getting announced, I swear that game rarely ever got mentioned in any of the multiple threads made criticizing MKX.

I kinda want to see the MKX shills attack injustice for once, since I have seen the MK9 vs MKX debates so many times already.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
All right this is getting incredibly stupid.

I even said in my post that I know it's not his first language, followed by "no offense".

I just don't want to go back and forth when I have trouble reading the post. Sure, you could take "no offense", as sarcasm on the internet, however, I even further clarified by saying that I understand his situation, with it not being his native language.

So chill lol I mean what the.
I normally don't care for drama but I'm sorry, Insulting someone then saying "No offense" is just a cop out to purposely insult them. Your previous post was screaming passive aggressive towards him. Everyone knows English is not his native language. I think you went towards a low blow because he was calling you out on not knowing what you are even talking about. I even stopped taking you seriously when you stated "I didn't play MK9" and the comment about "Kabal."

I'm typing fast here, don't have time to review language, so sorry for that, never though i would get insulted over english again.
You don't need to apologize about anything. He was called out on not knowing what he is talking about so he attacked you personally.

xKhaoTik

^^^ Sense we are talking about anti airs again and no one answered the first time.
No each character had a different set of aa with different hitbox and stuff.

Kitana s2 was an 11f normal that had crazy horizontal and some vertical reach. Her s3 was a 12f normal that had absurd vertical reach that can hit people over her head, yet had enough priority to beat deep jump kicks (anti airing jump kicks were a godsend). Her ex lift was a 10f attack that had alot of range that went both vertically and horizontally, which means people had trouble jumping to or over her. Iaf was an AA just like in MKX

It was kinda hard stuffing an anti air (unless you were Sonya with the dive kick) because of how consistent they were

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
O I never said no one jumped lol. Whoever said that is lying. Everyone jumped.

And yea I remember that about Chris G. But when I beat him, it was by AAing mainly. He jumped alot and that was a huge downfall.

And Sonya's dive kick was stupid lol but that also proves my point that characters had specific AAs for situations like that. Kitana could just ex lift it, kabal can just ex dash it, etc. Smoke s2 even beat the dick kick.

I'm just saying AAs were more consistent in mk9. You've played both games. You know for a fact that's true
You said, "In MK9, if you jumped you got AA'd." That's just not true. Hell, Chris G beat Cat, who trained regularly with Showtime's Reptile...by jumping once he feared the dash.

I was a Quan Chi main. My AA was uppercut and I had the joy of watching Sonya dive kick through it. I'm not on board with this narrative that AA's were this flawless gift from the FGC GAWDS that never failed.

As far as attacks in MKX, I think some characters having bad AA options is intentional to balance out other tools.

Example: Johnny has great projectiles, armor, and pressure right? We can agree on that. So an intentional weakness is that his AA options aren't terrific.

Is that not a possibility?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
No each character had a different set of aa with different hitbox and stuff.

Kitana s2 was an 11f normal that had crazy horizontal and some vertical reach. Her s3 was a 12f normal that had absurd vertical reach that can hit people over her head, yet had enough priority to beat deep jump kicks (anti airing jump kicks were a godsend). Her ex lift was a 10f attack that had alot of range that went both vertically and horizontally, which means people had trouble jumping to or over her. Iaf was an AA just like in MKX

It was kinda hard stuffing an anti air (unless you were Sonya with the dive kick) because of how consistent they were
I was talking about air normals not anti airs.

xKhaoTik

I was talking about air normals not anti airs.
Ooo my bad.

Yea everyone had the same jump in. Same jump punch, kick, neutral jump punch and kick. None stood out more than the other in that type of sense. When coupled in with special attacks, then that's when some were better than others. Kitana had the best jump kick because jump kick fan was a safe starter that lead to 40% meterless and corner carry

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1. I said English isn't your first language so I understand.

2. I said that I took what I said about jabs from you guys. I never lied. Look all over the thread. It's one of the big points for why MK9 is so good.
Point taken, you didn't played it. we did, both games. Is it so difficult to understand?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I wonder why injustice never gets compared and contrasted with MKX? Actually, when I think about it, prior to injustice 2 getting announced, I swear that game rarely ever got mentioned in any of the multiple threads made criticizing MKX.

I kinda want to see the MKX shills attack injustice for once, since I have seen the MK9 vs MKX debates so many times already.
At this point with Injustice 2 coming out, both injustice & Mortal Kombat are basically two different entities. Its kinda hard to compare & contrast them.

xKhaoTik

You said, "In MK9, if you jumped you got AA'd." That's just not true. Hell, Chris G beat Cat, who trained regularly with Showtime's Reptile...by jumping once he feared the dash.

I was a Quan Chi main. My AA was uppercut and I had the joy of watching Sonya dive kick through it. I'm not on board with this narrative that AA's were this flawless gift from the FGC GAWDS that never failed.

As far as attacks in MKX, I think some characters having bad AA options is intentional to balance out other tools.

Example: Johnny has great projectiles, armor, and pressure right? We can agree on that. So an intentional weakness is that his AA options aren't terrific.

Is that not a possibility?
Lol I don't mean to laugh but I know the pain for trying to AA Sonya and then BOOM, 40% combo into reset into ms bs lol. Wasn't fun at all.

But back to your point. I can admit I probably overhyped how good AAs were in MK9, but I still believe they were better than MKX

And you could be right about that Johnny Cage example. That seems very possible. I just believe in a FG, every character should be able to AA without much trouble.