What's new

General/Other - Kano What Kano needs in Kombat Pack 2

Rearawt

Noob
If EX parry catches highs and lows, that means any time the opponent has 21% or less and kano has a bar of meter, the match is essentially his. All he has to do is turtle and wait for the parry. The only characters who would really be safe are the ones with mid projectiles and unparryables that are safe on block.
Every character can bait though

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
If EX parry catches highs and lows, that means any time the opponent has 21% or less and kano has a bar of meter, the match is essentially his. All he has to do is turtle and wait for the parry. The only characters who would really be safe are the ones with mid projectiles and unparryables that are safe on block.
Just like how Unbreakable Sub always wins the round?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
* choke and ex choke to allow for oki
* Choke and ex choke not to whiff
* 1(1), 2, knives and ex knives not to whiff
* Command grabs to have slightly more priority (gets low profiled, whiffs on a bunch of sweeps and random normals like subs b2)

I kinda wanna see wood chipper ender to be an ender for f3 and b13 as well (like laser and grenade in cyber) but that's a luxury buff.

trufenix

bye felicia
Parry is a full combo punish on a read, what's the problem?
Whats your read on kano sitting in the corner ducking projectiles, teching throws and waiting to parry? Empty jump? Empty run? empty teleport? He still has knives, d4, aa ball, tons of tools. You have no buttons.

Doesn't seem fair to me, but like I said, i'm on board now. I miss geese howard.

NHDR

Noob
CT:
-EX power up loses less health.

Cyb:
-Give air laser a real use?

I've never used Commando once so have no clue how to even approach that variation's needs.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Whats your read on kano sitting in the corner ducking projectiles, teching throws and waiting to parry? Empty jump? Empty run? empty teleport? He still has knives, d4, aa ball, tons of tools. You have no buttons.

Doesn't seem fair to me, but like I said, i'm on board now. I miss geese howard.
Everything he has can be beaten. If he parried then you shouldn't have hit a button, simple as. It's practically no different from any other read scenario.

trufenix

bye felicia
Everything he has can be beaten. If he parried then you shouldn't have hit a button, simple as. It's practically no different from any other read scenario.
i mean, technically half the cast had "read" answers for Tanya's teleport pressure, doesn't mean it was a good idea. Like, what scenario couldn't you slap that answer on?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

What??? No buttons? It's like a regular armored reversal. You guess right you get 21% for a bar, you guess wrong you get full combo punished. You could say the same about KL and his spin except, you know, it'll beat jumps and gives a combo.

kantboy-2

Ripper
What I want for Commando Kano that's possible without doing extra animation work;

Actual tick throws from standing.
Fix to the command throw whiffs.
Fix the Air Ball.
Fix the darn knives.

Hit advantage on Choke should be 0.

Kombos;
(Universal)
Mischievous (1,1) into Lifting Knee (f4) as a variation from Villainous (1,1,2)
No Escape (f3,3) into Back Fist (2) and/or Be Back (2,f4)
No Escape (f3,3) into the f4 from a stance switch Be Back (that makes the animation work)
(Commando Only)
The return of Piss & Moan (f3,3 into a kombo throw 1+3 or 2+4/just give him the last hit of Rib Strike)
A Wood Chipper (3,2,1+3) variation (3,2,2+4) to keep opponents on the same side (Enhanced Air Ball throw animation/ MB throw; longer corner carry)

If the whiffs are fixed and tick throws work I can live with the Low/High Kounters as they are.

Dream Additions; his MK3 Air Throw (Commando only). Cybernetic doing his X-Ray/Fatalities with his Cyber knives.

The other players know what Cyber/Cutthroat need. I mainly play Commando.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Choke should be plus, not 0. Jax's Gotcha is pretty much the same move except it's a frame faster and does slightly less damage lol, and it's +8.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Longer active frames would make parries beastly, but if the other stuff is not fixed then he would need whatever he could get. ;)

I said Choke at 0 because of the parries; Jax doesn't have those. He has everything else, but still.

The other stupid, superficial thing I'd want for Kano is to have his main skin alt. colors more distinct than what they are right now. Desert camo (yellow/brown) would be awesome; especially in Commando. :D Oh, and the alt. for Tournament skin should be black/blue like in MK3.

Did I mention I want an Air Throw for Commando? :rolleyes:

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Longer active frames would make parries beastly, but if the other stuff is not fixed then he would need whatever he could get. ;)

I said Choke at 0 because of the parries; Jax doesn't have those. He has everything else, but still.

The other stupid, superficial thing I'd want for Kano is to have his main skin alt. colors more distinct than what they are right now. Desert camo (yellow/brown) would be awesome; especially in Commando. :D Oh, and the alt. for Tournament skin should be black/blue like in MK3.

Did I mention I want an Air Throw for Commando? :rolleyes:
Desert camo would make him OP. xD

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Cutthroat:
No selfdamage from EX-buff

Commando:
MORE tick-throws. Even EB have billion tick-throws
More advantage on choke hit
32, 1+3 MB less damage scaling
Fix bugs with choke, ex-knifes, command throw whiffs

Last edited:

Deus

All Variation
Need more tick-throw setups.
11~
b1~
b13~
(f33 - unusable shit.)

All parry 1 fr statup

Dreams: More strings with MB (analog 321+3) or less damage scaling (2 meters = ~ 47% damage)
b131+3
f41+3

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Does anyone have a link to the fight between Mustard and USA commentator during ESL Season 2 Finale? Mustard was using CT Kano there.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Mustard is the best CT and he probably won't play him again after Cyrax drops.

From looking at the game; Jason and Erron have a ton of usable tick throws and Kotal's grab doesn't whiff much, if at all. That's what Commando needs in a nutshell.

I love his skins, he needs new alt. colors on Main and Tournament skins and Cyber needs to do his freaking X-Ray and Fatalities with his Cyber knives. How can Revenant Kung Lao have an alternate hat, but Cyber can't have his knives?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
It's super lame that if the opponent blocks the first hit of f33 but gets hit by the second, choke will whiff.