What's new

What is your favorite single player game?

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Ninja Gaiden Black, a true master piece! must have beaten it more than 30 times by now. The art direction, gameplay mechanics, Ryu is a badass mofo.

Runner ups:

Ninja Gaiden 2
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
yeah NG is easily one of my favorites, im a bit ashamed ive yet to beat it on master ninja mode yet though. ironic considering i suck at most games but i can easily play and enjoy the ones most people find unbeatable.

i found revengence to just be unbearable. i just couldnt stand how your main for of defense was to attack its pretty much the only hack n slash i dont like.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
It changes like every year for me xD I'll name the first 5 that pop into my head ...

Shadow of the Colossus
Bioshock
Bayonetta
Assassin's Creed II
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
That might be one of the most useless modifications done to the site recently. I don't get it.
The change was made because the front page was constantly cluttered with non FGC material. That's not to say that we don't want off-topic discussion on the site at all. It just doesn't need to be at the forefront. Our focus should be on NRS games, past, present, and future.

coolwhip

Noob
The change was made because the front page was constantly cluttered with non FGC material. That's not to say that we don't want off-topic discussion on the site at all. It just doesn't need to be at the forefront. Our focus should be on NRS games, past, present, and future.
I'm guessing you mean recent topics and not front page, since you guys decide what appears on the front page.

The Highlander

There can be only one
KOTOR! An absolute classic RPG with some of the best writing to ever make it into a video game. I played it when I was pretty young and it was the first game to leave a pit in my stomach when I had finished.
baldurs gate 1&2 are the best game hands down
I REALLY wanted to get into BG2 since I had heard so much about it. I got it off gog and made it like a third of the way through but something kept me from finishing it and I can't quite put my finger on it. I really enjoyed the huge number of quests, the writing was pretty good, the dialogue between the characters was fun, but certain things like constantly having to scan for traps and my unfamiliarity with the combat system made certain things a huge chore. I'm probably just spoiled by modern gaming...

Planescape: Torment, Thief 1/2, Earthbound, Fallout 1/2, Monkey Island series, Souls series, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Arx Fatalis, American McGee's Alice, Onimusha: Warlords... oh you said just one game. impossible
Ohhh yes. Thief 1/2 are my games. I've played them so many times.