What's new

What is Wrong With the West Coast Scene -- Why Aren't You Guys Promoting Your Own Tournament?

Cash

Noob
So East Coast/ mid west you have no excuse now! We've made our journey to the east now please come to the west! We have made all of these changes to accommodate you guys in order to showcase the game we love! We've officially done all we can to help the travel issues added a 3v3 for a bigger showcase for those who come on Friday and have been building the hype! I'd like to thank uncle @CaliPower for the changes made and support of the NRS community! Now it's up to you guys to rush down that pre reg!

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Perfect Legend has the PL effect players that stomp all their competition get beat by him. He is too wild and unpredictable.
I'm pretty sure the "PL effect" is what happens when PL pisses off a duck and it fucks him in the ass. If he shows he's getting bodied and I will NEVER let him forget about it.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Injustice pools will now start on Saturday alongside Killer Instinct! For those that made travel arrangements to make pools on Friday, we added Injustice 3v3 team tournament to start at 6PM that day! Registration for the Injustice 3v3 tournament will be onsite only on Friday at the EGP section. Spectators are also welcome to enter the team tournament. ‪#‎RTSD‬

https://www.facebook.com/events/1377481132490369/1417394311832384
Its time to make that EGP Justice League team! :D

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Now I don't wanna hear how WC doesn't hype up our own events ...following all this drama lately is making me all confused on whos what and why is how

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think the sad reality is that the East Coast doesn't travel to the West Coast outside of the Capcom community.

I think even with Mortal Kombat at the height of it's popularity we only had a small handful of players that have actually attended West Coast events (ie: Pig of the Hut, 16 Bit and CD Jr.).

The FGC as a whole is primarily dominated by East Coast majors (around 90% of tournaments), I can't fault the players for not wanting to spend the time and money to travel, especially when the reward for doing so is not worth the investment considering there are several other events that are far more convenient.

As a result of this I believe the West Coast players suffer because we are viewed as having inferior competition in addition to it being difficult for our players to attend East Coast events (travel expenses).

In the past, I remember 16 Bit's accomplishments of having won SCR were belittled with the general TYM mantra that "The real competition wasn't there because it was a West Coast event".

I don't know what point I am trying to make beyond trying to identify some of the problems. This hobby can get incredibly expensive and difficult to justify continuing to support over a long period of time.

I will likely attend SCR despite that I haven't been as active in this community lately. I feel like I owe it to my local community that continues to maintain interest around the scene that we have built.
I really wish I could attend

It's just the worst weekend possible

Edit: well not the worst