What's new

What is Wrong With the West Coast Scene -- Why Aren't You Guys Promoting Your Own Tournament?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
After all this talk about how there are all there are not many majors on the West Coast, and how no one out East promotes their events, we now have arguably the biggest WC event outside of EVO coming up in SCR.. And there's barely a peep of hype about it. I have personally had multiple players blow me up in the past up for supposedly not supporting the West Coast.. And with SCR I've been putting my neck out there and really vouching for the WC scene. But I feel like I'm now yelling in a vaccuum.

So what is going on out there? There was far more talk on the forums and hype for even smaller events like DTN and APEX than there is for SCR. I started a thread on SCR Pre-Reg and it reached two pages and died. DevilMaySpy started a thread about low pre-reg and it's barely squeaking into 3 pages, with Valle coming in and having to Kickstart the discussion again. Both of us live in the East and we're trying to help out.. But there's a collective giant silence coming from SoCal, NorCal, Vegas, Arizona etc.

As of right now there are only 33 players preregistered for IGAU -- less than BlazBlue. That's equivalent to a SwiftZilla slaugherhouse event. I know there are more players than that on the WC.

Why aren't you promoting your own tournament? Kumite has multiple threads going on dozens of pages.. Constant talk. SCR discussion is practially dead and if you didn't know about it already, you probably wouldn't find out via visiting the forums.

Where is the excitement? Where is the effort to get people out? To help people make the tourney.

I have faith in you guys and I think you're capable of a lot more.. A lot of my favorite players are out there, and one of my favorite TO's (@TenZeRo7) So tell me what's going on.

@Krayzie
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@SonicBoomBrad
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Sajam
@RDK|GodSpeed
@RDK|Tyrant
@WoundCowboy
@Blind_Man
@SatsuiYesHadou
@GuamoKun
@Sao87
@MF SLAYER
@Red Reaper
@LEGEND
@Cash
@Folux182

Last edited:
@CrimsonShadow , honestly I have no clue why SCR isn't being hyped up like it should be. I remember SCR 2011/2013, SCR got tons of hype. Maybe people are just waiting till the month of SCR (February), or etc. Also about us having a few majors, well I simply don't know why when so many ppl live on the West Coast (especially since many are moving out west because the east is too cold and etc.).

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Maybe because there is tournament this weekend and SCR is kinda far away. I think that would explain why everyone is talking about KIT instead.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Maybe because there is tournament this weekend and SCR is kinda far away. I think that would explain why everyone is talking about KIT instead.
I hear you Ducky -- but standard registration for SCR ends less than a month from now. This is the marquee WC event, and just like people were talking about NEC for months beforehand, the better job we do promoting it now, the bigger and better it will be.

Also, SCR has a cap, which is a bit of a different situation, and means that we need to mobilize people and make sure as many players reg. as soon as possible.

4x4lo8o

Noob
What specifically was done to promote other tournaments that isn't being done for SCR? Just generic hype?

SCR is still over a month out and I feel like I'm hearing as much about it as I did for any of the East Coast majors other than NEC(and NEC was special because it came after a long period with no tournaments and was the first major after the patch) or maybe CEO

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
What specifically was done to promote other tournaments that isn't being done for SCR? Just generic hype?

SCR is still over a month out and I feel like I'm hearing as much about it as I did for any of the East Coast majors other than NEC(and NEC was special because it came after a long period with no tournaments and was the first major after the patch) or maybe CEO
Sup 4x4lo8o.

If you're hearing about it here it's probably because:

DevilMaySpy made the thread about the caps
I made the thread about Preregistering, because there wasn't one
DevilMaySpy made the thread about Low entrants so far, because no one was talking about it

Basically we want to help where we can. But... Is anyone on the WC making threads about SCR or trying to drum up interest? Keeping track of who's registering, trying to help people get there etc?

It's a big deal for us to bust that cap and make a statement; so it's just a little surprising to see almost no concern from the area the event is being held in.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Well honestly the TO's amazing love and push for injustice at KIT and his organization skills from the start

Crimson is right, I have FR hype plans I'm starting next week and scr has had no hype .

It's actually had nothing but
negative press
Bitching
Arguing
Caps
Etc

It sucks, not trying to add to it but just pointing it out from what I've seen.

But by far worst event of year goes to DTN in terms of hype and awareness

You need strong vocal leadership for each major (DTN wasn't a major) and a voice for scr hasn't yet risen

Pig Of The Hut

Honestly I think I've added some hype to scr and I couldn't be further away

Steak challenge against wound cowboy

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Also, I want to mention that the earlier the cap is passed (which means Saturday pools), the more people might be able to travel to make it (the ones who can't swing Friday pools).

Or if we're going to make a case for getting guaranteed Sat. pools early, we at least need to be much closer to the cap in order to make a convincing argument.

So again, it's important for our part of the event overall to make an effort to get people signed up. Plane tickets and all that get more expensive week by week.

Sincere question: for those of us who live too far and lack the funds to travel out there ourselves, what can we do to help? As I said, I don't have a ton of money, but I have a bit left over from the shirts I sold and I would love to give back to the community.

Pig Of The Hut

Sincere question: for those of us who live too far and lack the funds to travel out there ourselves, what can we do to help? As I said, I don't have a ton of money, but I have a bit left over from the shirts I sold and I would love to give back to the community.
I mayyyy have an idea

4x4lo8o

Noob
@KingHippo @EGP Wonder_Chef

Make sure you spend some time being hype about SCR on your next podcast, since EC has nothing better to call us out for than lack of hype and call outs. Maybe challenge someone to $1000 mm or something

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I do appreciate you making this thread and get some ideas going.

It's true, WC hasn't been as vocal as EC or other regions for NRS games besides the initial tourney announcements.

If anybody wants to challenge our best at a 5v5 or any other exhibition at the EGP stream (where NRS games will be showcased), I'm all ears.

NorCal, Vegas, AZ, and of course SoCal will take any challengers.

Let me know what's good and I'll make it happen!

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Yeah, I've actually been thinking about how a 5v5 tournament would go. Either a single/double elim one, or maybe a "SoCal vs the world" type of thing where any other region could show up with their 5 and play them. I'm sure Arizona, NorCal, Vegas, and GGA could make a team if they are showing up in numbers.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Hey guys,

I do appreciate you making this thread and get some ideas going.

It's true, WC hasn't been as vocal as EC or other regions for NRS games besides the initial tourney announcements.

If anybody wants to challenge our best at a 5v5 or any other exhibition at the EGP stream (where NRS games will be showcased), I'm all ears.

NorCal, Vegas, AZ, and of course SoCal will take any challengers.

Let me know what's good and I'll make it happen!
SoCal is too strong. I'm not sure if the East Coast could handle it, specially after WC handled that ass at NEC.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Honestly, right now, it's just a tournament that's 5-6 weeks away and I've just been urging people to pre-reg. Once everything becomes set in stone, I want to see where we can go from there and stuff in terms of exhibitions etc. But right now, we have to show why Injustice is worthy of a spot that's bigger than the obligatory 64 cap.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REGISTER. I'll be there. Hopefully we can run a 3v3 or 5v5 side tournament. Love the injustice community and hope to see everyone there. I show my support as a Capcom player <3.

@CaliPower How late can we pick up our badges on Thursday? Also, if we have a receipt/id can we pick up other players badges for them?

P.S "Wooohooo Hype?"
I'll be at the venue on Thurs til 12AM setting up.(Or whenever we get kicked out)

You can def pick up your friends badges with a PayPal proof of purchase or other PayPal credentials / Real Name / PayPal Address.