What's new

What is the current tier list for IGAU as of 7/23/2013?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Yo luthor I tried the SS for about an hour to learn good ways to mix up between that and lasso stance I found some good stuff but I think im will just use it to turtle up lol. She is a shit ton alot more mobile than supes but until they fix f23 I cant say shes better than him. After using BA for awhile now I feel hes 3rd best after supes and AM so Im placing WW either 4th or 5th I think shes interchangeable with GL imo. I want to get your thoughts.

Yeah SS basically can be for turtling, but at the very least if NOTHINGS working for you then it doesnt hurt to try SS and see if that can help things. I've been getting a lil more advanced with the SS lately though and trying things, her d1 in SS is godly, just spam spam spam it and basically just stop once they get out of range. In SS stance her parry basically is a free attack thats safe unless they attack low at same time. Her Amazonian Bash is a good gap closer and wakeup attack if they arent on top of you as long as you MB it its safe.

But yeah, Kal is still much better because of his Heat and f23. I think shes better than AM to be honest, both are my mains [and Kal], and I think shes the 2nd or 3rd best. People say BA is better... but I've never played with him, but I dont see it. Either way its up to the player who wins any of the top 5 character fights, but Kal has a natural advantage for sure.

GL is a pain to play against though as WW. She might have a couple super hard matchups that BA or AM might not have ey.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
thats the main reason I like the AM MU is because of the d2 it almost nullifies the air dash.
Ehhh i like that, i just bait them and instead of jumping just dash down low on the ground to their face and 33 them off their feet when they are AM. or dash backwards in the air then airattack to the ground.

At first it was annoying till i figure out how to get around it.

Yeah SS basically can be for turtling, but at the very least if NOTHINGS working for you then it doesnt hurt to try SS and see if that can help things. I've been getting a lil more advanced with the SS lately though and trying things, her d1 in SS is godly, just spam spam spam it and basically just stop once they get out of range. In SS stance her parry basically is a free attack thats safe unless they attack low at same time. Her Amazonian Bash is a good gap closer and wakeup attack if they arent on top of you as long as you MB it its safe.

But yeah, Kal is still much better because of his Heat and f23. I think shes better than AM to be honest, both are my mains [and Kal], and I think shes the 2nd or 3rd best. People say BA is better... but I've never played with him, but I dont see it. Either way its up to the player who wins any of the top 5 character fights, but Kal has a natural advantage for sure.

GL is a pain to play against though as WW. She might have a couple super hard matchups that BA or AM might not have ey.
Give BA a try to see why hes so good. I didnt see all the hype either but after getting the 100 wins I needed with him I do see why hes good. - Air mobility with dive kick
- really good walk speed and probably the best dash combination in the game going back and forwards.
- Good footsies with b23 being +3 on block which is a launcher that leads to 30%+ combos.
- Block strings that can be extended and canceled using his character power which deals unblockable damage and can be used to set up
really hard to block tick throw set ups.
- He is pretty much either advantage or safe on everything on block.
- Good zoning with his db1 and df2. Df2 works like Aquaman’s from the deep special attack as it will catch you back dashing and hit you
out of the air if you are low enough to the ground cause of the hit box. It also makes it so moving on the ground is difficult. Dive
Kick is also a pain to deal with in combination of all of this. His db1 also is a combo starter. From full screen he gets a free df2
but mid screen he has enough time to dash in and land a b23 combo.
- MB Dive kick is ridiculous. +9 on block and on hit he gets 40% damage. Think Doctor Doom Footdive but safe on block.
- MB Lightning Cage. Dude I seriously hate this move. If you hated EX Seismo from C Viper you will really hate this move. First off
this move has range in spots it shouldn’t have range. You try to bait it to punish it but you have to be like totally away from BA
just to try and punish it. You also can’t jump at him cause it will still hit you. Let me not forget to mention when this move hits
you he gets about 40% damage and it is also +5 on block <------ thats what perfect legend stated on why BA is that good. But yea man youve inspired me to use wonder woman ALOT more.

If AM didnt have the range then it would be a no contest. But that b3 and d2 cancel her air dash. And is j2 beats her air dash moves I think. You have to be patient and wait for either a poorly timed scoop or trident rush. If they nerf supes and BA on tuesday then im saying AM is the #1 fighter.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If AM didnt have the range then it would be a no contest. But that b3 and d2 cancel her air dash. And is j2 beats her air dash moves I think. You have to be patient and wait for either a poorly timed scoop or trident rush. If they nerf supes and BA on tuesday then im saying AM is the #1 fighter.
Yeah Im definitely waiting to see what happens, then I might make sure my AM and Kal-El arent rusty just incase i need them for some bad matchups. But if they get nerfed then I'll just stick with WW always.

Youre right tho about just being patient, I have a hard time being patient in unranked and just charge charge charge.

AM was always my best, probably might still be other than Superman, but WW is just so much more interesting and fun. Superman is the best and LEAST interesting character to play in the entire game.

Yeah Im definitely waiting to see what happens, then I might make sure my AM and Kal-El arent rusty just incase i need them for some bad matchups. But if they get nerfed then I'll just stick with WW always.

Youre right tho about just being patient, I have a hard time being patient in unranked and just charge charge charge.

AM was always my best, probably might still be other than Superman, but WW is just so much more interesting and fun. Superman is the best and LEAST interesting character to play in the entire game.
I agree with him being the least interesting in the game lol. Being patient is hard for me too I love a good offense. I think arrow and flash are my favorite fun fighters. I hope they dont nerf AM anymore. And I think bane,lobo,ares, and a few others rally need buffs.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I agree with him being the least interesting in the game lol. Being patient is hard for me too I love a good offense. I think arrow and flash are my favorite fun fighters. I hope they dont nerf AM anymore. And I think bane,lobo,ares, and a few others rally need buffs.
they all need buffs for sure, seems like I've never lost to those characters. I doubt they'll nerf AM, if they do that would be dumb. I want to try flash, I tried him, before the buffs, but just didnt think he was that great. I still maintain he needs a sort of teleport move.

I just started playing with AM again, lots of fun :) Ima play with him more, maybe I just thought he was boring and WW was so much more fun because I had just played with AM too much, good to mix it up nay?

Do you think Arrow is good enough to get serious about? He seems really cool, and WAY different than everyone else.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

wonderwoman does not have bad matchups against anyone so far, the only wonderwoman out there is foxy and noone else, noone else uses her like foxy.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
wonderwoman does not have bad matchups against anyone so far, the only wonderwoman out there is foxy and noone else, noone else uses her like foxy.
Everyone has bad matchups, except Superman. GL is WWs worst. If the player is good enough then any character can beat any other character we all know that... but this is about matchups in general.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
if you fight foxy i'm pretty fucking sure you'll be convinced that WW has no possible bad mus
like i said, any best player in the world at a certain character would beat anyone else... so then that means that character has no bad matchups? that makes sense.

If you're way better than someone then you are going to beat them, regardless if its a bad matchup for your character, obviously.

And I've watched all his vids, its why I started playing WW.

I still dont know why after 1,1 he never does a spin for full combo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
like i said, any best player in the world at a certain character would beat anyone else... so then that means that character has no bad matchups? that makes sense.

If you're way better than someone then you are going to beat them, regardless if its a bad matchup for your character, obviously.

And I've watched all his vids, its why I startsed playing WW.
so how do you know youre not sub par compared to your gl player? how do you know hes not better? have you ginded the matchup for weeks? do you use all of WWs tools? do you have vds?

GL is nothing to WW, youre not playing the matchup or WW right

Matchups are on the highest lvl, Foxy is the highest lvl and you guys should be listening only ot him

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
so how do you know youre not sub par compared to your gl player? how do you know hes not better? have you ginded the matchup for weeks? do you use all of WWs tools? do you have vds?

GL is nothing to WW, youre not playing the matchup or WW right

Matchups are on the highest lvl, Foxy is the highest lvl and you guys should be listening only ot him
Because just a decent player with just a decent record and just a decent skill rank can jump on GL and make it harder on WW, or can jump on Superman and all of a sudden vastly improve their ability to win against all characters. Its like how Scorpion used to be, till the nerfs.

So when we are talking about matchups we ONLY talk about what it's like for the top .0000001% who play this game and not for anyone else? "well ONE guy on the planet can do things so the thousands of other people who always have a tough time with certain matchups are all wrong"??

And yes I use all of her tools, I almost always win, only time I lose with WW is when I get impatient/bored.
The better player should always win though, of course. Still doesnt mean its not a good matchup for certain characters, obviously. mkay? thanks

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I can assure you she beats Batman.

Cant say on the other 2... i expect the Aquaman MU to be 5-5.
Yeah WW definitely beats Bats, i think AM being 5-5 is accurate. I think her only negative matchup would be against Superman. She'd tie GL and BA. I cant think of anyone other than Superman who'd have the advantage over her, theres only a few that would be even like GL, BA, and AM.

Nice ego Lex Luthor II lmfao. You've sent me hatemail before, and I've heard of other players receiving hatemail from you aswell.

I highly doubt you fight the players that use the extent of their characters abilities.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah WW definitely beats Bats, i think AM being 5-5 is accurate. I think her only negative matchup would be against Superman. She'd tie GL and BA. I cant think of anyone other than Superman who'd have the advantage over her, theres only a few that would be even like GL, BA, and AM.
BA loses to her

and about that 0.00001% post... thats WW at the highest lvl, i can see you probably have neverp layed a fighting game before this but when we talk about matchups, were talking at the highest lvl, even if it happens to be 0.00001%, that means players gotta step up and lvl their game just like foxy keeps doing this is how matchups and fighting games have worked since matchups were first talked about

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
BA loses to her

and about that 0.00001% post... thats WW at the highest lvl, i can see you probably have neverp layed a fighting game before this but when we talk about matchups, were talking at the highest lvl, even if it happens to be 0.00001%, that means players gotta step up and lvl their game just like foxy keeps doing this is how matchups and fighting games have worked since matchups were first talked about
I've played several fighting games before, calm down guy, but I've never heard the total "whos a bad matchup" is based on ONE players opinion and actions no matter how good or bad the player. In that case, nobody has any bad matchups, ever, because if the player is good enough, the 0.00001%, then they should always win. Logic.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Nice ego Lex Luthor II lmfao. You've sent me hatemail before, and I've heard of other players receiving hatemail from you aswell.

I highly doubt you fight the players that use the extent of their characters abilities.
ego? uh how? I've never pretended to be anything other than what I am, derp.

I send some people hatemail, sometimes more like boredmail, and I get tons of hatemail... that's half of the fun of playing online. And I'm flattered you and your guyfriends know me, but I have no idea who you are. Also, nobody cares guy. Love you.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
AM is definitely not a losing match for WW lol, you've not looked at one specific abuseable option for sure.

How can you assure us that she beats Batman?
I can assure you she doesn't.

Feels like Tom Brady talking about Sub Zero here.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
AM is definitely not a losing match for WW lol, you've not looked at one specific abuseable option for sure.
Nobody said it was a "losing match", just a bad matchup compared to other characters, still at the very least its 5-5 maybe 6-4 for WW, depends how patient you're willing to be. If you get a life lead then it's over for AM once you go SS against him.

Most annoying part against AM is b113 is almost always traited out of, and 33 can be if they're quick on the trigger. Thats the worst part really.