What's new

Discussion What is actually wrong with MKXL

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
they say sfv the execution is easier than SFIV , but stiil , saying MK execution is harder is silly . if you said , MKX has waaay more situations and randowm things you have to adapt to , than ok , i understand your point , thats way i say , sf and mk cant be compared , because in mk theres no time to do that shit ppl do in sf like doing the so called " footsies " where both players are going back and forward and doing low kicks like retards for 30 seconds lol
lul

in case you were wondering who nrs actually is trying to make the game for its guys like this and not the 1% of you going to tourneys.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
they say sfv the execution is easier than SFIV , but stiil , saying MK execution is harder is silly . if you said , MKX has waaay more situations and randowm things you have to adapt to , than ok , i understand your point , thats way i say , sf and mk cant be compared , because in mk theres no time to do that shit ppl do in sf like doing the so called " footsies " where both players are going back and forward and doing low kicks like retards for 30 seconds lol
I learned SF on SF2. I can consistently do special moves on Fighting Street (SF1), so its difficult for me to envision serious players having any execution problems in SFV, ever.

MKX is tough for me. I see these YouTube vids of all these insane combos and don't have a clue where to even start - let alone be able to start practicing them.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I learned SF on SF2. I can consistently do special moves on Fighting Street (SF1), so its difficult for me to envision serious players having any execution problems in SFV, ever.

MKX is tough for me. I see these YouTube vids of all these insane combos and don't have a clue where to even start - let alone be able to start practicing them.
What are you talking about ?!! The specials everyone can do . Do you think jumping and doing kick and shoot a fireball is knowing how to play SF ?! Have you ever played SFIV ?! im sorry bro , but , you seem a bit out of your league here . not trying to be an idiot .

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
So its a moot point now but lots of people mentioned it pre-patch so I want to address it (cuz Imma salty lil teacup)

Lackey pretty much needed an armoured launcher (bear with me). Bear hug (dbf1) sends the opponent full screen, so unless you're right in the corner (or cornered and have a bar to waste on 17%) you literally lose all advantage/pressure you had and have to start the gruesome march back in. Boulder Roll also leaves F/T and his opponent a fair distance away AND it isn't a hkd so they could tech roll and be ready to shut down your approach. meterless charge is fan-fucking-tastic.....ly ass, the move was never safe at -10(iirc, not sure what it was at launch as I didn't touch this variation), the armour/projectile invul. only lasted the FIRST 4 FRAMES OUT OF 30 (30 MUTHAFUCKIN STARTUP FRAMES NRS PLZ), so breaking it or hitting Torr after those frames is easy, if you do have the timing down (like I do), and you absorb something, the chance of you actually punishing your opponent is slim. Any farther than 1/4 a screen away your opponent will recover in time to block (with a few exceptions), or heaven forbid you are getting zoned out and have to use your only tool to counterzone, yet your opponent can easily throw another projectile or jump back and punish you for a full combo. Charge is our only tool to get in with Lackey and its pretty terrible. MB charge is dope af so I can't complain about that one. Minor downplaying I know on a move with free armour and projectile invulnerability but seriously this move needed buffed with the removal of Torryuken's armour. None of our specials are safe on block so we can't play the poke into special game many other characters can. Our aa options are decent, but our hurtbox is so fucking huge that aa many characters (cuz of their broke ass jump-ins) is extremely difficult. Armoured Torr up was a fantastic AA as it was a genuine threat to characters jumping in; Jump in for pressure? Or get bodied with a 41% combo?

That all being said its damage scaling is ridonkadonk, 41% off a raw Torryuken is a little excessive, but part of the reason I main the character.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
NRS remove armor from miscreen? Good.
But why they remove armor from wake-ups and reversals?
Defensive game in MKX was poor, now it's poorest. Attack attack and u win

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
NRS remove armor from miscreen? Good.
But why they remove armor from wake-ups and reversals?
Defensive game in MKX was poor, now it's poorest. Attack attack and u win
They only removed armour from launching specials Kotals OH sword for example, or they added another MB to launch like Predator's dread slam.

Defense is still shit tho.

GAV

What are you talking about ?!! The specials everyone can do . Do you think jumping and doing kick and shoot a fireball is knowing how to play SF ?! Have you ever played SFIV ?! im sorry bro , but , you seem a bit out of your league here . not trying to be an idiot .
I played SF5 for three days and was getting matched against players like Ricky Ortiz, Dandai, Justin Wong, and PR Balrog. SF2 ate up years of my life. Its second nature to me now.

I learned to play fighting games on SF, so - for me - execution is easy in SF and hard in MK.

In SFV, I just have to picture what I want to do and it comes out just like that. There's no need for practice.

With MKX, I have to figure out how - then practice for long multiple sessions to be able to do it consistently.
SFIV execution is worlds beyond anything in MK in terms of difficulty and skill ceiling as far as execution goes. if we were strictly talking about MK compared to SF *prior* to the release of SFV, then SF would indubitably have significantly harder execution requirements and ceiling. but, SFV is a lot easier than MK.

but, as long as you can do optimal stuff in SFIV or whatever, then nothing in MK should be remotely challenging or difficult, so i don't really understand how you say you have to spend a lot of time in training mode. for me, the appeal of MKX is the fact you only need 30 mins in training mode to get down all the optimal bnbs (still more than in sfv.)

JAP

Combo maker
So... play Pac-man or Tetris.. perfect and balanced game... any balanced fighting game? #crytym

GAV

SFIV execution is worlds beyond anything in MK in terms of difficulty and skill ceiling as far as execution goes. if we were strictly talking about MK compared to SF *prior* to the release of SFV, then SF would indubitably have significantly harder execution requirements and ceiling. but, SFV is a lot easier than MK.

but, as long as you can do optimal stuff in SFIV or whatever, then nothing in MK should be remotely challenging or difficult, so i don't really understand how you say you have to spend a lot of time in training mode. for me, the appeal of MKX is the fact you only need 30 mins in training mode to get down all the optimal bnbs (still more than in sfv.)
It is though. SF is 2nd nature. MK is hard.

The appeal of MKX for me is it feels visceral.

It is though. SF is 2nd nature. MK is hard.

The appeal of MKX for me is it feels visceral.
as i said, it really depends on what you mean by 'sf.' sfv, yes, it's objectively easier. sf4 is objectively a LOT harder. it's not really a matter of opinion because since it's mathematically less lenient and requires more precision.

saying 'sf' in general in this context would be accurate prior to the release of sfv. mkx is great because it's so easy and requires very little precision or timing as far as execution goes to the point you can learn any combo after ~10 mins in training, which is why it functions well as a casual, on-the-side fighter.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
i know cossner better not start an arguement with me lol well done sir i see you learn your lesson boy .
> You contribute to nothing. You argue from a clearly ignorant standpoint.
> Your opinions are around 90% wrong.
> You have proven you don't understand the game at a basic level. Your footsie post needs to go straight to ScrubQuotes.
> You have inferiority complex issues. When someone questions what you write you go for "you're american therefore full of yourself".
> You have terrible grammar. English is not my first language either but at least I try.
> You're single-handedly one of the many reason why top players don't come here anymore.

Why do I even get involved with these people lol.

You TYM regulars are doing a terrible job regulating these clowns.