What's new

What if Predator was the guest character in Mortal Kombat X? Boon humors the rumor

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
always dreamed of having the predator in the mk universe since the days of umk3, ahaha having played the avp co op arcade when i was a kid i always wanted the preadator to be included in mk! ed bon pls

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That would mean NRS decided to put in a guest character over a new MK character or older one.

Not a fan.
A guest character is happening no matter what, so getting bent out of shape about it is a waste of time. I'd much prefer the guest character be someone I'd actually be super hyped about like the god damn Predator. I heard this rumor the other day and freaked out. It would be awesome.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A guest character is happening no matter what, so getting bent out of shape about it is a waste of time. I'd much prefer the guest character be someone I'd actually be super hyped about like the god damn Predator. I heard this rumor the other day and freaked out. It would be awesome.
Not only that, it seems that a guest is a way NRS found to boost up the sales

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I won't understand why so many get upset about a guest character. For one the Predator has never had a true chance to shine in the video game world. A FG is a perfect setting for this character. It has me hype!

Those that's say oh its a wasted character slot, obviously don't understand that its highly likely that all their DLC was already planned from the get go during the pre-development phase of the game. By the time development began, NRS already had their storyline written and ready to go, they already chose what characters were returning and more than likely have already chosen what new characters will enter the fray. As far as DLC goes they will likely have already settled on their guest and chosen who the other DLC characters they decided on already. Hell in IGAU the DLC characters were already chosen and set in stone when the game was released and the only reason MMH and Zatanna showed up due to huge fan demand. So this whole wasted character slot thing is non-existent.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
It makes perfect sense if true. Character would look badass and fatalities would be wayyy to awesome for nrs to pass up!

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
We still don't know what character will be, no matter new or old, in the new MK but we already have too much information and hint about guest characters and so on...

Why NRS simply DON'T put any strange character that nobody really wants??

insignis

Noob
Boon already said that there most likely be a guest character. Predator would be ultra amazing! Xenomorph imho doesn't fit as it is a non-intellectual creature (correct me if Im wrong but MK doesn't have any animals) and would be better in KI as Max mentioned.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
For one the Predator has never had a true chance to shine in the video game world...
Well, I dunno really. AvP series were good enough to call it "chance to shine". At least no less so than being a guest character in a fighting game.

Other than that, I agree.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well, I dunno really. AvP series were good enough to call it "chance to shine". At least no less so than being a guest character in a fighting game.

Other than that, I agree.
AvP2 was pretty much the only time the Pred. was truly awesome in a game, granted I would throw out Concrete Jungle from the PS2 era, but the game itself overshadowed the awesomess the Pred. was in the game. They had a solid experience on playing as a Predator, just a terrible game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I always thought that was Cyrax is inspired by Predator character.
The cyborgs were heavily inspired by the Predators, the MK team openly admitted this.

Also there is no such thing a wasted character slot, unless it's literally a slot on a character select screen with no one in it.

Hell, a fighting piece of shit still wouldn't be a wasted character slot, as long as it actually does things.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Boon already said that there most likely be a guest character. Predator would be ultra amazing! Xenomorph imho doesn't fit as it is a non-intellectual creature (correct me if Im wrong but MK doesn't have any animals) and would be better in KI as Max mentioned.
Do you know how smart the average xenomorph is?