What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I don't know if it's because of the forced layout of the demo, but EX specials feel really unreliable. My moves tend to come out as normal specials rather than EXs and it fucks up my combos.

Also, negative edge is hella bad.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
What The Hell.

Medium Ranged Moves
Catwoman Whip
Wonder Woman Lasso attacks
Nightwing Staff
Aquaman Trident
Batman Grapple and Slide Kick
Bane's Low Kick
Green Lantern's Lift and Slide
Deathstrokes Sword Shenanigans
Superman Super Breath
Half Sinestro's Moveset
Joker's Crowbar
Cyborg Sonic Disruptor

Etc.

Advancing Moves
Flash's Dash Attacks
Catwoman's rush
Bane's rush
Lex's Charge
Batman's Slide
Wonder Woman's Shield Strike
Nightwing Flying Grayson, Kali Fury, Staff Spin, Flip Kick
Green Lantern's Turbine Smash
Superman's Flying Punch
Joker Crowbar
Harley Somersault
Doomsday Shoulder Charge

Deathstroke Sword Flip

Wonder Woman's Dive
Black Adam's Dive Kick
Doomsday Air Dive
Etc etc.
Are you serious right now? Batman's slide for a good advancing forward? Yeah lemme hop on MK real quick and spam shadow kick with cage see how far that gets me.

trufenix

bye felicia
And yes, it does matter. It may not to you but it definetely does to me. Story Mode cinematics are pre-rendered videos, all of the cinematics I mentioned are gameplay part. Game mechanics is not the only thing that should matter.
Really, dude? At the end of the day, Batman's car hitting you at 30fps instead of 60 is relevenat? Or is this the part where you say "It's not gonna stop me from buying it, I just want to know if anything can be done about it" because you can go ahead and line up with all the batman's arm / ww's face / raven's voice people who said the same thing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Are you serious right now? Batman's slide for a good advancing forward? Yeah lemme hop on MK real quick and spam shadow kick with cage see how far that gets me.
Man, if you just want to spam moves, I don't think that's what they were intending when they designed the game.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Man, if you just want to spam moves, I don't think that's what they were intending when they designed the game.
The fact that you said his slide was a good advancing normal made me laugh... like I said thats like saying cage's shadow kick is good in terms of advancing normals.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The fact that you said his slide was a good advancing normal made me laugh... like I said thats like saying cage's shadow kick is good in terms of advancing normals.
You said "advancing forward moves", not normals, so I mainly listed specials. I'd have to make a whole new list for normals.

Sami

Noob
I don't know if it's because of the forced layout of the demo, but EX specials feel really unreliable. My moves tend to come out as normal specials rather than EXs and it fucks up my combos.

Also, negative edge is hella bad.
Without wishing to patronise, are you sure you're inputting the meter-burn input after the move and not during it? Doing it as part of the input for the special (like in MK) usually causes it to fail, as MB is supposed to work by altering the move once it's already started. Example:

Lex's suck-and-blow attack (I can't remember what it's called so it's now called that) can be changed to suck by pressing MB once the animation kicks in. However, if you hold down MB while doing the special move input the normal version will come out.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Without wishing to patronise, are you sure you're inputting the meter-burn input after the move and not during it? Doing it as part of the input for the special (like in MK) usually causes it to fail, as MB is supposed to work by altering the move once it's already started. Example:

Lex's suck-and-blow attack (I can't remember what it's called so it's now called that) can be changed to suck by pressing MB once the animation kicks in. However, if you hold down MB while doing the special move input the normal version will come out.
Is that how it's done? That's probably why. I wasn't aware the move had to already come out. I was doing MK9 EXs. Thank you for clearing that up.

Matix218

Get over here!
Funny how most of you are complaining about back to block. MK is one of the few games that uses a button to block, most fighters are back to block. One thing I don't like is the fact that nobody really has any good medium ranged attacks. Nobody has good advancing forward moves. From my experience Batman has no anti airs. His cape perry for some reason never works on air attacks and his specials can't be used for AA for shit, normals also suck for anti airs too. Other than that the game is good I guess. This is a demo version so we can't rely on this to be what the real game is going to be like.
Curbo, I'm pretty sure Cat was doing a full combo AA with Batman on the KH stream last night. IIRC it was b2, some full string (can't remember which), another b2 into up grapple gun. Maybe Cat can clarify exactly what it was but it looked pretty good and damaging. Looked like the b2 aa timing was tough though

trufenix

bye felicia
Is that how it's done? That's probably why. I wasn't aware the move had to already come out. I was doing MK9 EXs. Thank you for clearing that up.
They work more like pro-moves from MKvDC. You press m at a certain point during the move to make something special happens. Sometimes its pressed early for like armor, but usually its later to make a projectile explode or add a second hit or something.

The movelist explains all of them in detail (if you have an HD tv)

DmitryDoronin

Lightning summoner tossing fans
Really, dude? At the end of the day, Batman's car hitting you at 30fps instead of 60 is relevenat? Or is this the part where you say "It's not gonna stop me from buying it, I just want to know if anything can be done about it" because you can go ahead and line up with all the batman's arm / ww's face / raven's voice people who said the same thing.
Yes, it does bother my eyes when gameplay jumps from 60 fps to 30 fps. I don't care for "Story Mode to Gameplay" frame rate changing but like I said everything I mentioned is GAMEPLAY. And it's something that should be at constant FPS when it comes to fighting games.

First, let me say that I do love it! I have been following the build-up and getting hype on this game since last year. I took off work for the demo. And I love it so far. I can't wait for the full game. I was stunned at how good it looked: just amazing. Injustice will be a game I main in 2013, for sure, on a short list of 2-3 titles.

All that said, I have a couple of simple items:

1) The mannish features on the fem characters. I wanted to main Wonder Woman, but it is rough with that jaw. This game looks SO great, yet they are messing it up with the female faces. Notice how Athena is beautiful looking? They can make good-looking fems, so why not? My wife is a cosplayer and this DOES matter. 40% of gamers are women, and overall a lot of women do not like to play games with ugly characters. They'll reject Injustice on that basis alone. PLEASE, NRS, please fix this before it is too late! Raven doesn't have to look distended.

2) I wish games, this one in particular, had more degrees of AI. Like something between Medium and Hard, something between Hard and Very Hard. Like Very Easy, Easy, Mild, Medium, Medium Hard, Hard, Harder, Very Hard, Insane. And AI that is based on real opponents' play, not retroactive impractical reads.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yes, it does bother my eyes when gameplay jumps from 60 fps to 30 fps. I don't care for "Story Mode to Gameplay" frame rate changing but like I said everything I mentioned is GAMEPLAY. And it's something that should be at constant FPS when it comes to fighting games.
the "game" runs at 60. The cinematics don't. Those are all cinematics, even if done via game engine. There is no player input during the 30fps segments. MK tried to pull 60 all the time, and we wound up with hyper slow x-rays. A consistent 30 is the compromise. If they could make them run at 60, they would. Its not going to be "fixed".

Sami

Noob
I think Wonder Woman and friends will find plenty of Cosplayers dressing up as them based on the numerous non-Injustice appearances in various media :)

Sami

Noob
Thing is, does it drop to 30fps in any of the sections where you need perfect control of your character? Wager is a button press while intro/outro and supers are non-interactive cinematics. Providing the actual gameplay (the bit where I'm pressing buttons to do moves) doesn't drop I'm happp.

Death

Noob
I'm okay with pretty much everything. A few things I dont like.

- Interactables. They have big hitboxes, unblockable and does good damage. And it takes work to corner someone and a gadget character can get out for free. I think turning them off would make it more balance and much better for tournament play. NRS did say they were broken and that their toned down for retail but I wont hold my breath. I'm def thinking it should be turned off. Time will tell.

- Stage transitions. I like them and think they are great. I think doing a naked stage transition damage should be toned down. Corner combos ending in stage transition should do a bit more damage than it would on a normal combo. Only I say this because its situational. Stage transitions should stay in but just toned down slightly.

- Whiff punishing. Its harder to whiff punish. I dont like this because that means players can be more careless and not worry about getting punished cuz of how difficult it is.

Other than that I like everything else. Ill be honest but in this game you need really good footsies and good fundamentals to be high level at. I think a lot of players are going to get exposed in this game. I suspect a lot will drop it and go back to MK. Back to block is very minor. Level up

For the last time zoning is not going to be strong in this game. At first it may feel that way cuz in MK to deal with zoning as to dash block or dash d1 etc. This game will evolve just wait and see.

I totally agree with the second part.

The only consistant anti air i've gotten is using bats, lol. I think B2 Up grapple (EX) might be good on read if you are a good distance away too, but I haven't gotten that to work that well so far.

There is nothing i've used so far point blank that is a good anti-air, his d2 gets blown up by just about all jump-ins.

All the people who say characters have "godlike anti-air" please explain yourselves. Looking at a move and saying "well this must be a good anti-air!" doesn't count.

I agree with this. I'm having problems with consistently AAing. It seems most of the time when I try im doing it on a read than a reaction. Maybe that will change with time.

DmitryDoronin

Lightning summoner tossing fans
the "game" runs at 60. The cinematics don't. Those are all cinematics, even if done via game engine. There is no player input during the 30fps segments. MK tried to pull 60 all the time, and we wound up with hyper slow x-rays. A consistent 30 is the compromise. If they could make them run at 60, they would. Its not going to be "fixed".
Thing is, does it drop to 30fps in any of the sections where you need perfect control of your character? Wager is a button press while intro/outro and supers are non-interactive cinematics. Providing the actual gameplay (the bit where I'm pressing buttons to do moves) doesn't drop I'm happp.
Well I guess I will have to get used to it after playing MK9.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm okay with pretty much everything. A few things I dont like.

- Interactables. They have big hotboxes, unblockable and does good damage. And it takes work to corner someone and a gadget character can get out of free. I think turning them off would make it more balance and much better for tournament player.

- Stage transitions. I like them and think they are great. I think doing a naked stage transition damage should be toned down and combos using stage transitions should be scaled more too.

- Whiff punishing. Its harder to whiff punish. I dont like this because that means players can be more careless and not worry about getting punished cuz of how difficult it is.

Other than that I like everything else. Ill be honest but in this game you need really good footsies and good fundamentals to be high level at. I think a lot of players are going to get exposed in this game. I suspect a lot will drop it and go back to MK. Back to block is very minor. Level up

For the last time zoning is not going to be strong in this game. At first it may feel that way cuz in MK to deal with zoning as to dash block or dash d1 etc. This game will evolve just wait and see.
I know that NRS has already addressed a lot of the issues with interacables and I think stage transitions too. However whiff punishment was also something I noticed was hard.