What's new

Question What do you guys think of the Venom mechanics?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
As a Wonder Woman player, I don't care about venom, ever.

Venom is only useful if bane can actually do anything off of it.
Seems like you can backdash a lot of his stuff when he knocks you down except for the low grab, which on a read is a full combo punish.
Since I only know how to play WW, bane just seems kinda weak.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I would think so, but I'd have to guess if both did an armored special at each other at the same time it'd result in a trade.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As a Wonder Woman player, I don't care about venom, ever.

Venom is only useful if bane can actually do anything off of it.
Seems like you can backdash a lot of his stuff when he knocks you down except for the low grab, which on a read is a full combo punish.
Since I only know how to play WW, bane just seems kinda weak.
Can't backdash a charge. Or a dash-forward, or a body splash jump-in... Or a super smacking you for 54% raw.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I think the venom trait is interesting but it's distracting. I still think it's more on the negative side for me.

I feel like Bane is Venom. The trait makes the character. Without it, he would be awful. Without the debuff, he would be a god.

sgZick

Noob
I am not maining Bane, but I think the Venom is one of the most interesting and well balanced traits in the game. It's use is very tactical for user and opponent. If timed correctly you can have the benefits without the wweknesses, go through the 3 venom stages and as last action knock your oponent into a level transition or time it the way that you finish the round a second or two after it runs out. Or even clash on purpose when it runs out during round 2 to get as much actual fight time replaced by locked animations during the cooldown. When I fight him, he is the one opponent where i will definitely try to clash him in round 2 when he fires up his venom and I see the chance, no matter if I lose the clash or not, just to prevent him from pounding me on level 3.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Not sure if its been mentioned at all on the Bane forums, but when he's at Level 3 he breaks all armor. Haven't tested it with all Supers, but I know for a fact he kills Grundy's instantly and Doomsday/Lex's traits.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
On normals or specials only?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
On normals or specials only?
With the exception of F2D, property enhancements from Venom seem to only affect special moves. I've lost my TV for the next few days, so I can't test any of this stuff. Anyone, feel free to confirm.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
With the exception of F2D, property enhancements from Venom seem to only affect special moves. I've lost my TV for the next few days, so I can't test any of this stuff. Anyone, feel free to confirm.
An 11 frame overhead that crushes armor and is safe on block? I'm okay with that. :)