What's new

What do you expect to see in MK9's evolution in 2-3 years?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
You're entitled to your opinion but to be fair the purpose of the thread is well, to speculate how things may turn out in the future. Once upon a time "nobody went even" with Lao either, lol.
Yeah, that's because nobody went even with Lao when the game first came out. I'll be the first to admit that Kung Lao was broken in day 1 MK9. But he was patched. Ever since the last patch nobody goes even with Kabal, and I think it is going to remain that way for good. As we look into Kabal more and more, I feel like his 6-4 matchups are going to turn into 7-3 matchups, and his 7-3 matchups are going to turn into 8-2 matchups, and so on. I don't think we are going to find out anything that makes a character do BETTER vs Kabal lol

Flagg

Noob
i should record some of the matches i play with foxy being that its really only him i play against now, all you would see is one of us trying to keep fuck with the others spacing

No love for me or Zwoosh? Daaaaaamn! When are you going to tell the community you are now the Freddy of the UK.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
No love for me or Zwoosh? Daaaaaamn! When are you going to tell the community you are now the Freddy of the UK.
i use zwoosh for his child like attributes so i cant really mention him, and you your like my personal kano accomplice so we aint that far apart....i was thinking from a top KL and JC perspective so fuck you guys

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I'm going to add one more thing that I think will happen...Kung Lao's 21212 string will not be a crucial string anymore.

I'm going to add one more thing that I think will happen...Kung Lao's 21212 string will not be a crucial string anymore.
2121 will always have its uses, but how is it a crucial string right now? the cool thing about kung lao is he has so many strings he can use: 21/24/2121/1121/b1f1 all these strings have its uses, even b1f1 because I found some dirty shit with that yesterday and it does 6% chip and leaves you at really good range to space your 21/24. also your use of 2121 won't be as much after you figure out 24spin stance check, that shit is so godlike.

Raiden is going to drop completely out of A tier. His teleport only does so much...
Skarlet players will stop dropping combos in majors and possibly get in top 4 in a major.
Rain, Sektor and Jax will slip a couple of spots.
they ruined him by nerfing the teleport and superman, he can't whiff punish half the stuff he does and the vicinity blast nerf was stupid as well, he would be top 5 prepatch not even nr 1,2 or 3 so why nerf him?

Flagg

Noob
Yeah, once execution tightens up, I can see the likes of Cyrax, Skarlet and Rain becoming major threats. Three touch of death characters right there. One net, one round house, one red dash, and you're going to lose 50% minimum.

SLy

Noob
I can see Quan Chi's Skeletal Boost becoming a very important tool in dealing with more harder matchups..

He will rise pretty high on the tier list off that alone if its mastered

ForeverKing

they ruined him by nerfing the teleport and superman, he can't whiff punish half the stuff he does and the vicinity blast nerf was stupid as well, he would be top 5 prepatch not even nr 1,2 or 3 so why nerf him?
I loved old Raiden, he use to be my secondary next to Kung Lao back in the day. You could actually rushdown with raiden back than haha

ForeverKing

Also, Kabal will have a lot more EVEN match ups.

Dont really see a bad match up.
Doubt it. I think as the game becomes disected more, most of Kabal's 6-4 matchups are going to become 7-3 matchups, and most of his 7-3 matchups are going to become 8-2 matchups. He is not even being played near max potential and he is broken, imagine when people tighten up their execution and can just do block infinites on people at will and use EX NDC pressure perfectly. The only character that can be debated a 5-5 is Kung Lao, but I think as people figure out that matchup more they will figure that it is in fact 4-6 in Kabal's favor

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
2121 will always have its uses, but how is it a crucial string right now? the cool thing about kung lao is he has so many strings he can use: 21/24/2121/1121/b1f1 all these strings have its uses, even b1f1 because I found some dirty shit with that yesterday and it does 6% chip and leaves you at really good range to space your 21/24. also your use of 2121 won't be as much after you figure out 24spin stance check, that shit is so godlike.
B1F1 is the anti Jax and Cage wakeup string. Gauranteed on all their wake ups bar shadow kick and dash punch, which are both easy enough to punish.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Doubt it. I think as the game becomes disected more, most of Kabal's 6-4 matchups are going to become 7-3 matchups, and most of his 7-3 matchups are going to become 8-2 matchups. He is not even being played near max potential and he is broken, imagine when people tighten up their execution and can just do block infinites on people at will and use EX NDC pressure perfectly. The only character that can be debated a 5-5 is Kung Lao, but I think as people figure out that matchup more they will figure that it is in fact 4-6 in Kabal's favor
It's already been proven that 2NDC is not a block infinite due to doing it at the earliest frame causes 2 to whiff. Most characters can duck under 2 after this if delayed.

This is oddly one of the instances where MK9's wacky hitboxes helps.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think the cage kabal matchup may get more reasonable, but no way in hell is cage going to beat kabal, unless some crazy cage tech is found. Its just fundamentally bad for cage. As far as cage vs the flash parry though, can't he just finish the fwd33b3 string to stop the flash parry? HGTV Ermacio and AC1984 uswd to try to flash parry me and I would finish the string to at least the third hit and they couldn't full combo punish me. Obviously though kabal can just let the dash go.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Makes sense. I have recently been watching Reo's videos on youtube (very helpful), and I notice all this broken shit that is possible with Kabal that I don't see anyone do in tournaments/majors, block infinite being one of them. And the EX Nomad dash cancel is just so stupid. Makes me want to level up my Kenshi if I had to deal with a Kabal like that.

I kinda take back what I said about Kabal.

NKZero

Noob
Ermac will get better once people make full use of iaB. That move will beat out AA attempts so once you respect it, Ermac can get free jump ins. It gives perfect pushback on block to put Ermac in his zone where he can F2, TKP or whatever since he is in control against most characters at that range. It's really good defensively as well. You can poke and then use it to avoid getting counter-poked as it goes over the low pokes. Gives give frame advantage on hit so you can go in and pressure or throw etc. All around solid and safe move that is seldom used and I don't know why. Really gives him more control of certain spaces than he already has.