What's new

What do you do for work?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Currently: finding tech in Injustice because I cant seem to get a real job right now lol
Duration: I dunno, since I joined TYM? And unless I get a job I'll be doing that until i start uni in September to do games tech :)
Dream job: Working for/with NRS, i actually plan to move from Scotland to Chicago sometime after graduating from university @tylerlansdown @colt

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Bank teller for JPM Chase. Duration: 2 years.

Dream job (scenario): I write a godlike movie screenplay and then a big production company pays me millions of dollars to turn it into a feature film. I then live happily ever after, preferably with an Academy Award on my desk. (Translation: Film director, screenwriter).

Edit: I also love how the OP's TYM username is miles apart from his IRL job.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Dream job (scenario): I write a godlike movie screenplay and then a big production company pays me millions of dollars to turn it into a feature film. I then live happily ever after, preferably with an Academy Award on my desk. (Translation: Film director, screenwriter).

Dat irony though

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

If J.J. Abrams ever goes missing I'm sure you could hold it down in his place and nobody would bat an eye.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
  • What do you do for work?
    I'm actually moving because I got essentially bought from DOW chemical where I was doing System Support. I have degrees in both Power Plant and Industrial Process Technology and a power company about 3 hours north of me bought me up before DOW could finalize any kind of contract deal of their own to have me in operations. Also I'm applying my BA in Animation at home developing my own fighting game for fun since my time at DOW netted me a lot of time in pure coding that I was needing. It'll make whatever it makes and it'll be done when its a real game and has a decent roster. I refuse to put it out before it has a decent size roster because I can actually afford to fund this on my own. Since thats the case...why should I make the public foot the bill.

So yeah. Power Plant Operator and I am producing my own fighter and doing most of its CG and engine stuff now and when I launch it years from now it'll pull some sort of revenue too.

• How long have you been doing it for?
    I've been involved in Plant work for about a year total with about 4 years hands on training at college. My time in the field has been split up though as I left it at one point to get my Animation BA.

• What's your dream job?
    Pretty much what I do now. Don't get me wrong I'd like to finally have the time to do my comic book or produce games on a larger scale without the need to work my own ass off for years and years to do a single game, but once you take on more people you become responsible for their well being...and by doing that I'd honestly owe it to them to produce titles with a better chance of success to keep their families fed. That said...I do exactly what I want at the moment and that was always my dream. If I make enough to eventually do my own thing fulltime that's cool, but I'm a pessimist who'd likely continue playing it safe even if I hit the lotto. I've seen too much change to ever feel like being a fulltime producer in gaming is safe. Making a ton in a stable field where I am in extreme demand while maintaining good enough hours to build whatever the hell I want is all I could ask for.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Currently: co-founder and VP of sales of a tech company

Duration: 3 years

Dream job: I always wanted to own my business and I do now. My next goal is to start another business and another and another. Maybe a restaurant after that....my goal is to always stay busy with different businesses and of course the random tourney I decide to go to.

That and I'll be the leader in cybernetic technology so my dog can live forever.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Manager at a gas station for 3 years, but I'm going into unionised life insurance as a manger in a few weeks. My dream job would be travel the world and give lectures on philosophy.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Oh and I want to open a brewery!
I've always thought I'd enjoy a Tea/Coffee house business of my own someday, but then I remember how its largely my love of the product and not any sort of love of service industry that makes me think this. My time managing an Arby's was hell. I don't wanna think of going back into service industries again...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Real job: Contracting and UAV drafting for military and private companies.
How long: 5 years
Dream Job: Motivational speaker, or an extremely well paid shrink.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
  • What do you do for work? sell drugs
  • How long have you been doing it for? a real long ass time
  • What's your dream job? whats a job?
  • :DOGE

lol
  • What do you do for work? Remote desktop support analyst
  • How long have you been doing it for? 2 years
  • What's your dream job? Work from home IT support tech for bigger companies like all my friends lol I gotta stop being lazy and get my Net +

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

How did we not discuss our movie script ideas while eating ice cream and shooting innocent people at that arcade machine?

@GGA 16 Bit @Blind_Man @Tm_whiteboi