Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I dont know what to think

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • LMAO

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I will say I have calmed down a bit as well.

My initial rage was just from the fact that I had literally wasted my entire day obsessing over this and refreshing my browser looking for any new info I could find. Shame on me I guess. But I really felt let down after the reveal and the only reaction I had to that was to be in full-blown anger mode.

I still dont believe Freddy belongs in MK. I do feel let down. But I am slowly getting over it. I guess if they were going to put in a guest... id rather have him than Ryu or some other stupid ass character.

I just hate the fact that they didnt try and keep it in the MK world for all of the DLC. Im all about expanding and being creative. I think an opportunity to expand on the MK character list was lost here, but they have plenty of chances in MK10.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I will say I have calmed down a bit as well.

My initial rage was just from the fact that I had literally wasted my entire day obsessing over this and refreshing my browser looking for any new info I could find. Shame on me I guess. But I really felt let down after the reveal and the only reaction I had to that was to be in full-blown anger mode.

I still dont believe Freddy belongs in MK. I do feel let down. But I am slowly getting over it. I guess if they were going to put in a guest... id rather have him than Ryu or some other stupid ass character.

I just hate the fact that they didnt try and keep it in the MK world for all of the DLC. Im all about expanding and being creative. I think an opportunity to expand on the MK character list was lost here, but they have plenty of chances in MK10.
Dude, this isn't the end of DLC. This is the end of summer DLC.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
exactly.

I thought it was Jason, which led me to believe that it would be a double DLC release. But there isnt much after Robo Homo, Fujin, Shinnok, Reiko, Havik & Bo Rai Cho that i wanted. its whatever.
(Off-topic but necessary) As sour as it was to see Sub turned Cyborg, after playing enough UMK3 online I'm glad to see Robot Smoke gone. He was to UMK3 what Kano was to MK9 for those two dreadful weeks. I can't say much because I didn't use RoboSmoke often but I can say with confidence almost nobody used him correctly.

Teleport. Repeat until punished to death. Leave. That 43% isn't easy against a player who can block.

Back on topic, I love Freddy and I'm stoked to see he made it in. It's not the Freddy I grew up with but I'll settle. At first glance he looks tricky. Jaxy ground pounds means more inputs if he has different ranges. Good for sitting ducks but offline possibly easy to avoid. He doesn't look like a juggler. May require a lot more work than the preceding DLC characters. Zoner for sure.

Kwon

---->----
Dude, this isn't the end of DLC. This is the end of summer DLC.
Might be the end of DLC-characters. It all depends on the sales/degree of demand and how vocal we are.

At the end of the Gamespot-interview with Ed Boon, he says they only planned these 4 DLC-characters.
But after seeing the data and statistics on how many purchased the current DLC-characters, maybe they'll make more DLC-characters in the future.

As Ed Boon puts it, "If there is OVERWHELMING demand, We MIGHT entertain the idea".

If it ends with Freddy, ie Freddy will be the final DLC; it would be very disappointing.

We will just have to be vocal on twitter that the customerbase wants more DLC-characters and preferably MK-Kombatants over gimmicks/guest-characters for purchase, and that there is huge interest and profit made of this. The more the better.

At the end of this Interview is where Ed Boon is talking.

Scroll to around 45:30 in this clip

http://l.gamespot.com/oFlKSj <---

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
What's going to be number 5??? Candyman, Damien from the Omen, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, Robocop... Terminator.... Pinhead from Hellraiser???
Jason will be released on the next Friday the 13th Jan 2012...YOU HEARD IT HERE!

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Might be the end of DLC-characters. It all depends on the sales/degree of demand and how vocal we are.

Scroll to around 45:30 in this clip

http://l.gamespot.com/oFlKSj <---
See I dont like this sign. One of the main business incentives to care for this game with respect to the tourney scene is to sell dlc. With Boon saying this and inlkings of them working on a new game already (with talk of it being a MK:SM style game at that)...I just dont like what Im hearing from NRS.

They cant ignore the tourney scene, it is still a big part of the revenue for any FG franchise nowadays. They cant just ignore us even from a purely business sense. I would like for them very much to assign a small division of John Edwards, Pablo Garcia and even Hector Sanchez and others to work on releasing a UMK9 in the next year and start planting the seeds for the next FG NRS as a whole makes, whenever that maybe.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
IM very excited.. he'll for sure be my # 3 most used character in the game.

i also think what this means is that the DLC is selling well and we'll be getting a new set of 4 coming/starting in sept/oct --> a MK4 4 pack shinnok, Tanya, Reiko and Fujin (ignoring Jarek).

mesk

Noob
yea im not to sure what to think.most likely will pass on him.But I certainly wont be like some on this site who say they will stop playing the game because of him.imagine denying yourself the pleasure of MK cause of 1 gimmick character!doesnt make much sense.plus the other 3 DLC were great IMO,so really its a wash.it could have been much worse:jarek,tanya,hsu hao,mavado,mokap I could go on but ill stop :)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I dont like this even if Im a huge fan of freddy kruger.

1 - Freddy isnt a fighter
2 - He has only 1 glove not two
3 - He doesnt belong in MK at ALL

I was hoping for Spawn of Shinnok

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
i presume theres going to be a new elm street movie coming out soon, im pretty sure warner bros wanted freddy in for publicity purposes.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
for ME... it lived up to the hype. LOVE horror movies... LOVE MK... it's perfect. I really don't give a fuck about Tanya, or Tremor, or any post UMK3 characters.

I have a season pass, but if I didn't, I would STILL buy him. I think he looks much cooler than the rest of the DLC characters released thus far (was NEVER a rain fan). I really can't believe how butthurt so many people are. I mean, there wasn't THIS much of an outrage when MK vs DC came out for fucks sake. You guys are gonna tell me Lex Luthor was a better fit than fucking Freddy Krueger?

Plus I get unmasked costume for my main. Blue balls already.

I dont like this even if Im a huge fan of freddy kruger.

1 - Freddy isnt a fighter
2 - He has only 1 glove not two
3 - He doesnt belong in MK at ALL

I was hoping for Spawn of Shinnok
NOES 4 says "hi".

He definitely was a fighter when he went up against Alice. And Kristen. And Nancy. And Jason. And Alice again.

The two gloves thing is much simpler from a coding standpoint (I remember Boon complaining about how the coding for Drahmin was a major pain).

He fits more than Kratos does.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
NOES 4 says "hi".

He definitely was a fighter when he went up against Alice. And Kristen. And Nancy. And Jason. And Alice again.

The two gloves thing is much simpler from a coding standpoint (I remember Boon complaining about how the coding for Drahmin was a major pain).

He threw down with Vorhees like a kung fu masta. Not that I hold anything beyond Dream Warriors in very high regard. Boon & Co have always been tongue-in-cheek-y. Behold: Rain. So gay. While the addition of Freddy doesn't really work, it really does. And though I preferred Dark Freddy I would have loved to hear some one-liners to seal the deal.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
NOES 4 says "hi".

And I want to add that in the very first elm street in the 80's he had two gloves on and long arms ( which is what he has in this game) for a brief time before he killed Tina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He threw down with Vorhees like a kung fu masta. Not that I hold anything beyond Dream Warriors in very high regard. Boon & Co have always been tongue-in-cheek-y. Behold: Rain. So gay. While the addition of Freddy doesn't really work, it really does. And though I preferred Dark Freddy I would have loved to hear some one-liners to seal the deal.
Haha, see, I think Dream Master is my favorite of the original series.

Alice was awesome as the main protagonist, and was the first person to go toe-to-toe with Freddy, on his own terms, and win. Plus, it had some of the more imaginative deaths. Dream Child was beautiful to watch, but it was pretty weak.