Votes: 42 19.9%
  • I dont know what to think

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • LMAO

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I think the game should have stuck to MK characters. I dont' want cheese in mk.
You're way, way, way too late.

---

Anyway, for my thoughts on this, it was initially FACEPALM, then hysterical laughter. Now I think Freddy Krueger summed it up the best all by himself:

Freddy said:
Welcome to my world, bitch. I should warn you, princess... the first time tends to get a little... messy.

OneManX

Noob
I love it. Because it's dumb and stupid and kinda fun. It is a murderous killer who kills from people's dream... him fighting a blood lady ninja makes TOO much sense in the MK world.

And also as someone who has no connection with MK post UMK3, I am glad they went outside of the box for this one, instead of digging up someone that most of the fans would of greeted with a shoulder shrug.

spawn would def be a better choice. just think how bad ass spawn would be hed fit right in. i dont know what to think i had to stop playing mk for a little and think this out. what a mind fuck. jason i would have preferred hell you could have threw an xbox character for us free like chief or someone on gears or some shit. if mks gonna start cheezin why not just put scarface in there or madona ftw or scream killer lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I just wish it was Robert England... it looks like the "new" freddy.

Regardless, I was honestly hyped when this was first rumored and now that it's true I guess I am still just in disbelief. :)

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
What's going to be number 5??? Candyman, Damien from the Omen, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, Robocop... Terminator.... Pinhead from Hellraiser???
Holy shit they should put Robocop in the game that would be fucking awesome, or at least turn Stryker into a robot so I can call him Robocop

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
if it was robert england's freddy it wouldnt be so bad, bringing back his old voice and give him some funny quotes would make it pretty funny, but it's the shitty micheal bay remake version of him, and as none of the other dlc has had voices, im assuming freddies gonna be a mute like the rest, and it's only a matter of time before they release more characters who don't fit, the worst thing i think is that its taken the spot away from other potential MK characters, i hope this isnt the beginning of warner bros just taking the piss and throwing anyone in who they own the rights for, who's next, John Mclaine from die hard?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Let's see, why do I hate having Freddy in this game?

I like Mortal Kombat for the action. I never saw it as being a "dark" game, but rather as a fun, violent game. The last thing I want is to draw in a bunch of juggalos.

Kwon

---->----
I just wish it was Robert England... it looks like the "new" freddy.

Regardless, I was honestly hyped when this was first rumored and now that it's true I guess I am still just in disbelief. :)
Yes, this Freddy-model is based on Jackie Early Hayley, since it's his movie this year, which is unfortunate as well.

There can be only ONE TRUE Freddy, and that is Englunds Freddy.

this is gonna be awsome i always liked freddy Krueger and he is so brutal he has a place in mk
Like I said before, if Freddy was an original Midway character nobody would bat an eye. A dream-killing psychopath monster is something I'd expect from MK myself

Ankaku

Noob
What's going to be number 5??? Candyman, Damien from the Omen, Jason Vorhees, Michael Myers, Robocop... Terminator.... Pinhead from Hellraiser???
I say f*** it. I don't know if I will buy this, but if it supports NRS, then f*** yea!
hell, he fits billions of times better than anyone in DC, could even do a MK vs WB for shits n giggles I'd probably buy it. Termiantor in mk? Sold; I think I will pick him up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The one thing that keeps going through my head is if serious tournament players don't like it and don't want to buy him or fight as/against him, then they will be wasting their money even traveling to tournaments. Anyone who picks him at the tournament is going to run a train on you who have absolutely no matchup experience against him.

Like him or not, he is here to stay.

But keep complaining because NaCl makes everything taste better.

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
IMO it just doesnt feel right. The throw a bloody character in to fit in with the gore of MK is tiresome. I mean i don't play MK for the gore. Maybe when i was 10 i could have said that, but for me, i find the game aesthetically pleasing in terms of character diversity and how it had an old Chinese vibe to it. Sure you can say MK3 happened and threw the atmosphere out the window, but that game just fit somehow. But the gore aspect is a little underwhelming at this point. I feel like freddy does not fit into the vibe of the MK universe despite his homicidal mentality. Its an odd choice to put into a throwback/reboot. At first i was most definetly angry, but after thinking it over.. i still have a fairly bad taste in my mouth. We should still support the game of course..but i won't be buying this DLC. :(

Kwon

---->----
PANDEMlC said:
My thoughts exactly PAN! :D

Future Tournaments.

1. Tom Brady (Freddy Krueger)
2. Perfect Legend (Freddy Krueger)
3. Michelangelo (Freddy Krueger)
4. Konqrr (Kitana.... Nah Freddy Krueger!)

:D

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Like I said before, if Freddy was an original Midway character nobody would bat an eye. A dream-killing psychopath monster is something I'd expect from MK myself
No kiddin'... you can go down the line and see exactly which violent, cheesy 70s/80s movie inspired a particular character for like half the cast.

JrK

Probably Drunk
Tbh most of the ragers would be crying regardless of who they put in. If it's not one thing it's another.