What's new

Question Wake up attacks

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Which of Flash's specials actually have invincibility on wakeup? I've been in practice mode for awhile and flying uppercut, charge, sonic pound, and Lightning kick all seem to be invincible for at least 8 frames. All of his specials can't have invincibility can they?

LEGEND
Zyphox
GGA Dizzy
@any flash player

Awake

Noob
i can say for sure that the uppercut and charge both have invincible frames. I cant imagine why you would use any other attack on wake up besides those two. Well i guess perhaps kick...hmm idk though.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
i can say for sure that the uppercut and charge both have invincible frames. I cant imagine why you would use any other attack on wake up besides those two. Well i guess perhaps kick...hmm idk though.
I'd rather use Lightning kick cause it's safe on block.

LEGEND

YES!
they all feel like they have some invincibility. i don't think any one wake-up is the go to

here is how i use them:
Lightning charge if opponent uses projectile or dashes away
Lightning kick if opponent pressures without a meaty
Flying uppercut to gtfo if he does pressure with a meaty, sometimes still punishes (also option selects into Sonic pound if crossed up)

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Which of Flash's specials actually have invincibility on wakeup? I've been in practice mode for awhile and flying uppercut, charge, sonic pound, and Lightning kick all seem to be invincible for at least 8 frames. All of his specials can't have invincibility can they?

LEGEND
Zyphox
GGA Dizzy
@any flash player
tbh it seems that way and imo thats a good thing, the only thing is sonic pound and LK are the only safe ones and you can LK cancel into back dash for free unless they scouted it and they dash up and combo.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Lightning Charge and Flying Uppercut are both fully invincible until hit (and then some). Lightning Kick and Sonic pound both have some invincibility, but not full. If they are bad at timing meaties, you can use LK or SP to stay safe, but if they have good meaty timing you have to use LC or FU.

Also, I think Speed Dodge is extremely good on wake up. I think it may be his best, IMO.

Also, I think Speed Dodge is extremely good on wake up. I think it may be his best, IMO.
I get blown up trying to use Speed Dodge on wake up by the likes of Aquaman et al after full-screen knockdowns. It doesn't seem to have wake-up invincibility, leaving a decent gap of vulnerability before the dodge becomes active. Do you know something I don't?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
The reason i made this thread is for green lantern. I recorded the AI to do a lift then immediately do a b1 string and I can only manage a wakeup 5% of the time. I literally lost a life bar in a half online trying to wake up out of this. Even offline the timing is extremely strict.