What's new

Match-up Discussion VSM Jailhouse's batgirl matchup chart

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Explain.

Batgirl can't play her game against Aquaman. Fullscreen she can't throw out anything because of spike, get's d2'd out of her j2, vortex is a no-go because of trait and Aquaman can poke all her normals.
You really just have to stay in mid air and keep jumping and on reaction teleport him whenever he tries to use his trident lol

Rabbit

thugs bunny
You really just have to stay in mid air and keep jumping and on reaction teleport him whenever he tries to use his trident lol
A smart Aquaman player isn't going to throw out tridents against a Batgirl lol. They are just going to let you jump around until you get within d2 range, teleport, or throw out a bola and punish you.

Aquaturtle is too strong against Batgirl

SZSR

Noob
Can you put a little more info on the Shazam MU? I've only played the MU a handful of times but it feels like i'm just torpedoing all over the place.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just picked up batgirl and am loving her. Plan to take her to offline sessions in the following weeks to try and figure out MUs, but this gives a good start, thanks.

Any tips on Aquaman MU? I know its bad but if I have to play it?

SonicFox5000

The Best.
A smart Aquaman player isn't going to throw out tridents against a Batgirl lol. They are just going to let you jump around until you get within d2 range, teleport, or throw out a bola and punish you.

Aquaturtle is too strong against Batgirl
Maaan its just how I play the matchup. It could be 6-4 in aquamans favor. Buts its not 7-3, not that horrible lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I disagree with the Grundy matchup. I'd say it's 5-5 at worst.

Against Grundy, batgirl has no need to approach, as well as Grundy not actually having an approach. Swamp hands can be dashed over on reaction easily (batgirls dash puts her in the air), WC gets blown up by cartwheel and any of his air approaches are punishable by tele. Grundy has to respect batgirl's wake up so a lot of his wake up shenanigans get nullified.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I agree with Cyborg-Batgirl. I do think it might be 5-5 though. If Cyborgs IANB execution is on point he can trade with Batgirls projectiles and still block in time. Or recover in time to block smoke-port. Unfortunately, if she does get in, either doing her jump shenanigans or teleport....Then it is bad news for the Borg. ANy thoughts on the MU... since you were once a former Cyborg (tear) :p
NY_Jailhouse

tax

Noob
just my two cents on the bane matchup... i think it's 6-4 in batgirl's favour.

batwheel breaks pretty much all of bane's venom wake-up shenanigans. i've also had a lot of success getting away from bane with bat-evade 1. smoke bomb can also be done on reaction against bane's charge to switch positions, meaning you almost never have to engage bane if you don't want to.

as for venom itself, it nullifies b12 and b2u3 the same way that aquaman's trait does, but the difference here is that you shouldn't be going on the offense when bane's in venom anyway. wait for the venom cooldown, and use batgirl's amazing forward dash to close in and start mix-ups that will now deal a crazy amount of damage.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
just my two cents on the bane matchup... i think it's 6-4 in batgirl's favour.

batwheel breaks pretty much all of bane's venom wake-up shenanigans. i've also had a lot success getting away from bane with bat-evade 1. smoke bomb can also be done on reaction against bane's charge to switch positions, meaning you almost never have to engage bane if you don't want to.

as for venom itself, it nullifies b12 and b2u3 the same way that aquaman's trait does, but the difference here is that you shouldn't be going on the offense when bane's in venom anyway. wait for the venom cooldown, and use batgirl's amazing forward dash to close in and start mix-ups that will now deal a crazy amount of damage.
Jump over db1 is a better punish. Or if they land near enough to you, jump over b12.

Durango

Enhancer
Aquaman is nearly impossible for Batgirl.

-Ground Trident = anti-air against her jumps, beats out Batarangs on startup, can combo from a range with MB and do 20+ damage easy.
-Very hard to punish from his trident range; most of his attacks keep him safe on block
-Low Trident scoop has sick range. Can come immediately after overhead, making blocking difficult.
-In a corner, Aquaman's trident is a virtual damage wall. If you're not blocking, you will get hit and land into a combo

Batgirl has almost no punishing options. Arthur's range keeps him from being hit by DF2 on wakeup and his overhead/scoop beat the cartwheel easy. Batarangs cannot trade with ground trident, and Batgirl's normals are far too short ranged; B1 and B2 (low and overhead) cannot cover enough ground, making her completely susceptible.

7-3 sounds more like 8-2 from the Aquaman I fought (TheMaktastik 360). Jumping in gets you hit by the overhead or the uppercut, and dashing in gets you hit by the ground trident, which you can't punish. I'm 100% sure Aquaman hits the top tier, perhaps directly under Scorpion, and Batgirl will be his easiest matchup.

The one thing I've learned is, when he uses his Trait, the vortex doesn't work right. It's possible to use this to your advantage and change the combo altogether, jumping in with a 2 followed by a B1 or B2 instead of 111.

Edit: I've made a discovery. Aquaman does have a weakness; Flying Bat (DF2). On wakeup, Trident Rush makes him susceptible. You can fly right over him and deliver a combo. If he tries Trident Scoop and you're in his face, you'll go right over and he'll miss entirely, and you can just grab him before he tries something, assuming your combo can't come out quickly enough.

tax

Noob
the vortex still doesn't work right when aquaman's in trait, because even if you jump in with a j2 or j3 it lasts long enough to prevent the second hit of b12 and b2u3 from launching.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
the vortex still doesn't work right when aquaman's in trait, because even if you jump in with a j2 or j3 it lasts long enough to prevent the second hit of b12 and b2u3 from launching.
Wait it out till the very end then start with b1 or b2. If they didn't time their trait right, you might get the vortex off. As is, what I do is dash up b3, j3, 212~db2u. At least you get 30%+. Any time I land the vortex I go for damage against aquaman unless he's already used his trait.

I disagree with the Grundy matchup. I'd say it's 5-5 at worst.

Against Grundy, batgirl has no need to approach, as well as Grundy not actually having an approach. Swamp hands can be dashed over on reaction easily (batgirls dash puts her in the air), WC gets blown up by cartwheel and any of his air approaches are punishable by tele. Grundy has to respect batgirl's wake up so a lot of his wake up shenanigans get nullified.

Incorrect. WC eats all 4 hits of the cartwheel and still throws her. The only time the cartwheel beats it is if you cancel it. I ran this match with reno_racks at evo several times. If batgirl isn't on hall of justice it becomes a VERY rough match for her. Grundy doesn't have to respect anything she does.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
How in the hell are the Cyborg and Sinestro MUs not 7-3?

I mean yeah both have instant get the fuck off me moves and whatnot, but their games rely 90-100% on zoning and it's not like they're going to beat her up with damage either.

They don't get damage from punishes or zoning. These are at a minimum 7-3 MUs for Batgirl.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
You're not looking at the whole picture.

-She can't do her 50/50s or her vortex against Aquaman, cause of you guessed it...Trait.
-Aquaman has range on her.
-If you're too jump/teleport happy, d2 will blow you up all day erryday.

Trait is the main reason he wins a lot of MUs. This is one of those cases.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Still think batgirl loses to Grundy. Characters with very good defensive options up close and ground spike moves are good against her
Batgirl has a lot of strings that beat WC clean. She also has a move that gets her out of the corner like Kitana's Square Wave in MK9.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Incorrect. WC eats all 4 hits of the cartwheel and still throws her. The only time the cartwheel beats it is if you cancel it. I ran this match with reno_racks at evo several times. If batgirl isn't on hall of justice it becomes a VERY rough match for her. Grundy doesn't have to respect anything she does.
Yeah you're right about walking corpse, I wrote that about a month ago and mustn't have had my facts straight. On wake up batgirl can still bat evade and get away from Grudy's pressure. And she can still dah over swamp hands on reaction.

For stages I woulda thought she'd have the advantage on any of the following;
- Hall of Justice
- Ferris Aircraft
- watch tower
- Wayne manor

Batgirl has zero incentive to approach. She outzones him in all aspects. She can also quickly build meter with dash cancelled bolas. Does MB bararangs eat through Grundy armour?

She also has a bunch of throw immune strings she can chuck out to avoid his grabs.

Grundy is definitely a match up I have trouble with, but not to the extent of nightwing or aquaman.

NY_Jailhouse, why do you think its 6-4 vs Raven? Batgirl cant zone her (cause absorb and reflect) , has a hard time getting in (cause Raven) and teleport gets punished hard (cause d1~db2 MB leading to 36% and setup). i think raven has a hard time once you get in on her but its a long hard road until then so id say 5-5 or at max 5.5-4.5 BG.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
You're not looking at the whole picture.

-She can't do her 50/50s or her vortex against Aquaman, cause of you guessed it...Trait.
-Aquaman has range on her.
-If you're too jump/teleport happy, d2 will blow you up all day erryday.

Trait is the main reason he wins a lot of MUs. This is one of those cases.
The thing is, you want him to use his trait, so that when he decides to waste it, you can blow him up for it. He isnt allowed to zone me considering I have a tele and if I were to see him put his staff down, on reaction, Id tele him. Sure, the MU can be in his favor all people want it to be, but IMO its not even that bad. People underestimate BG's options that she has when he activates trait.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The thing is, you want him to use his trait, so that when he decides to waste it, you can blow him up for it. He isnt allowed to zone me considering I have a tele and if I were to see him put his staff down, on reaction, Id tele him. Sure, the MU can be in his favor all people want it to be, but IMO its not even that bad. People underestimate BG's options that she has when he activates trait.
This MU is terrible. You can't teleport on reaction to staff (tele start up is 20 frames from the deeps is like 23 iirc) so unless you predict it or are in the air, good luck. Trait ruins her. It just does. You don't have options when he is in trait because all of batgirl's launchers bar b3 and f3 don't launch till second hit which means if he is traited he can avoid them.

This MU is terrible. You can't teleport on reaction to staff (tele start up is 20 frames from the deeps is like 23 iirc) so unless you predict it or are in the air, good luck. Trait ruins her. It just does. You don't have options when he is in trait because all of batgirl's launchers bar b3 and f3 don't launch till second hit which means if he is traited he can avoid them.
Exactly aquaman is my main and everyone thinks batgirls smokebomb will shit on AM. Not the case at all. I feel like ive played batgirl the most when im aquaman.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
When he goes into trait, you need to score a knockdown which batgirl can easily do. The only time you vortex is when his trait is over. And I specifically can tele staff on reaction by the way, dont underestimate me~

BG can punish scoop with a launch by dashing->Flying Bat.

Trident Rush's last hit sometimes whiffs her crouching, which makes it super punishable.

Sure, the matchup's hard... but you can't just play it like any other match. Do different stuff. Don't try to vortex him when he has trait.

Go for max damage combos. Stuff like that.